V

5.0 out of 5 stars What an album!!!!!
Published on 7 Jun 2008 by T. Hayes

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!!!!!!
This is 1 of the worst albums I have ever heard. Why did I buy it? Well, I bought Selena Gomez's albums because they were recommended to me by Amazon - without hearing them first - and they were absolutely brilliant. So consequnetly I took a chance on this, hoping it would be just as good. It isn't - not by a long-shot.

Firstly, Vanessa Hudgens is no singer...
Published 5 months ago by JB

5.0 out of 5 stars What an album!!!!!, 7 Jun 2008
T. Hayes "HAMLIN FAN" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: V (Audio CD)
Vanessa Hudgens is THE actress/singer to watch out for.This is her debut album V and it is totally amazing!The album is great from start to finish. The first song Come back to me is so catchy it will have you singing along from the very first time you hear it.Let go is the second song on the album and has a kinda latin flavour about it,but i still give it 5/5! One of my absolute favourites is Never underestimate a girl, its full of girl power!Let's dance has an excellent beat to it you won't wanna stop humming along.Whatever will be is such a lovely ballad and Vanessa's true singing talent really shines all throughout.I recommend this awesome CD to anyone who really enjoys quality music.And for real fans i also recommend the V deluxe edition which includes a DVD with her two music videos,concert clips AND an interview with the one and only Baby V!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Underestimate Vanessa, 20 Jan 2007
This review is from: V (Audio CD)
I Knew I Would Buy This Album, Partly Because I Loved Vanessa In High School Musical And I Loved Her First Single.

I Went And Bought This, Thinking In The Back Of My Mind "This Won't Live Up To All My Excitement".

I Got Home, Stuck It In My CD Player And As I Went Through Each Song, I Fell In Love With It All! !

Each Song Has It's Own Speciality. The Lyrics Are All Also Very Amazing.

1. Come Back To Me 10/10 - Great Way To Start Off The Album!

2. Let Go 9/10 - A Song With Catchy Lyrics And A Mixed Blues/Dance/Pop/R&B Feel.

3. Say Ok 10/10 - Vanessa's Second Single, Absoloutely Love It. Very Catchy, Gorgeous Lyrics.

4. Never Underestimate A Girl 10/10 - You Get Attatched To The Song Straight Away. You Can't Hate The Song.

5. Let's Dance 9/10 - Very Dancey. You Start Dancing Right Away. Very Sexy Too. Different To What You Would Expect From Vanessa.

6. Drive 8/10 - Reading The Lyrics, It Seems Like The Song Would Be Fab, But I Was Slightly Let Down As It Wasn't To What I Expected.

7. Afraid 9/10 - Amazing. One Of Those Song's Though That Gets Stuck In Your Head And Stops You Sleeping! Hence The Line In The Song. . .

8. Promise 7/10 - I Could only Listen To Half Of This Song As It Wasn't My Liking.

9. Whatever Will Be 10/10 - One Of, If Not, The BEST Song On The Album. Lyrics Are Beautiful, Sung Beautifully.

10. Rather Be With You 7/10 - Catchy But Typical TV-Actress-Who-Thinks-Shes-The-Next-Britney Kind Of Song.

11. Psychic 8/10 - Beautiful Lyrics, Strange Song.

12. Lose Your Love 9/10 - Very Catchy Tune And Lyrics, Nice Way To Finish Album But 'Afraid' Or 'Whatever Will Be' Would Have Been Better.

Overall, Buy This Album For Some Amazing Songs Sung Amazingly By A Beautiful Singer/Actress.

5.0 out of 5 stars V's songs, 18 Jun 2007
This review is from: V (Audio CD)
1. Come Back To Me- A great Pop/R&B start to the album. Features an amazing sample of Player's 'Baby come back throughout the entire song.

2. Let Go- A pure R&B song with catchy beats and lyrics

3. Say Ok- A beautiful slow song with a mildly noticable trance beat in the background, the third chorus is probably the best part of the song, because it gives a stop-dance beat.

4. Never Underestimate A Girl- Probably the best track on the album, a pan flute beginning, great verses but the chorus has you hooked straight away. It is impossible to hate this song

5. Let's Dance- An amazing electro/dance/trance/rocky song. Very sexy and sultry.

6. Drive- Another slow song, not the best song but it's still good with a nice slow-dance feel

7. Afraid- A catchy song, don't expect to forget it straight away.

8. Promise- In my opinion it's a lovely song but it may just wash over you the first time you hear it

9. Whatever Will Be- A great cover of Australian singer Tammin. It's a beautifully sung and written ballad which will have you putting your lighters up! The best slow song on the album

10. Rather Be With You- A catchy enough song but rather typical.

11. Psychic- A very different song to the rest on the album, but the beats and lyrics are beautiful.

12. Lose Your Love- A nice way to close the album, very catchy and makes you want to dance.

Overall (aside from that one song) this is a great album, packed with slow ballad like songs, mixed with catchy dance beats. Keep up the good work V!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!!!!!!, 17 July 2014
This review is from: V (Audio CD)

Firstly, Vanessa Hudgens is no singer - her voice is reedy and light-weight. Secondly, she obviously wants to be J-Lo - every song (they all sound the same) is trying to be cool in a Lopez sort-of-way, but the songwriters were obviously having an off-day on this album. The writing is poor, the singing is poor - it just sounds like nobody involved made any effort. Definitely 1 to avoid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breakin' Free!!!, 21 Dec 2006
M. Weild "metamorphosis-17" (wee scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: V (Audio CD)
I bought this album, as i loved High School Musical.

i'd heard sum of the tracks off this album which were great. so i decided 2 buy it.

This album has great tracks including "Say OK, Lets Dance, Lose Your Love, Afraid & Come Back to Me".

I would highly recommend this 2 any fan of High School Musical.

Thanx 4 ur time, Bye

5.0 out of 5 stars Vanessa rocks the world !, 10 Sep 2006
This review is from: V [Us Import] (Audio CD)
When she burst on to the screen with her musical stardom High School Musical, it was only a matter of time before she released her own album ! V is the new album from Vanessa Hudgens, with it's unique style and amazingly talented singer, this is the album that brings a new and special somehting to the music industry ! You rock Vanessa !

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter thought this was brill, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: V (Audio CD)
Bought this for my daughter as a gift, she absolutely loves it and plays it all the time.
Arrived as stated and on time

5.0 out of 5 stars My review, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: V (Audio CD)
The CD is great it is worth having I assure I would suggest to anyone that is a Vanessa Hudgens fan would want this CD for sure so buy it now

5.0 out of 5 stars i love this, i will always love it, 4 Jan 2012
Jane Morgan (birmingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: V (Audio CD)
this is an absoloutly amazing album, i love every track it's truly fabulous
this is how i rate the tracks:
come back to me 10/10
lose your love 8/10
the best 2 are never underestimate a girl and drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Wicked!!, 13 Dec 2006
This review is from: V (Audio CD)
This album was unexpected I didn't think Vanessa would do such a good job with this album the songs are awesome and it shows her true voice in the album, as much as I liked High school musical the songs on this album make her sound sooo much better.

My fave songs were come back to me, say ok, never underestimate a girl and promise

V
V by Vanessa Hudgens (Audio CD - 2006)