Very pleased.

The unit sits very well in the ear & I didn't find it uncomfortable, even though I wear glasses.

You can adjust the volume on the phone handset.

Published on 24 May 2009 by Mrs. Karen L. King

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I can spend hours on the phone for work and holding a phone to my ear is not an option, so I decided I needed a small headset or earpiece.

Being by Panasonic, the same as the DECT phone I use, I thought this would be an ideal partner. I was mistaken.

The earpiece is all hard plastic, so it soon becomes uncomfortable in the ear.

The speaker...
Published on 20 Oct 2008 by Outside the Box

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 Oct 2008
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TCA94EXB Headset (Accessory)

The earpiece is all hard plastic, so it soon becomes uncomfortable in the ear.

The speaker section which sits beside the ear is designed to be used on either the left or right ear, so that's good. Unfortunately it is very quiet. I am in a room all by myself with no ambient noise. Even so it was hard to hear some of the more quiet persons on the conference calls. Pressing the earpiece into your ear helps, but this makes your ear hurt after a little while.

I asked if everyone could hear me ok, and they all replied the same - it's quiet and echoey, and a bit muffled.

So for the three things I need, it was not up to the job on any: comfort, listening volume, speaking clarity.

I used it for a week and gave up when everyone I spoke to said the same and it made my ear sore. I have a bluetooth headset from Plantronics for in the car and it is great: clear, loud, comfy, long life. Think I'll get a plantroncs for use with my Panny DECT.

Last issue is that the wire into this earpeice is very thin - I don't know how long it would last if you were to give it an accidental tug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frees you up to work, iron, clean whilst you catch up with friends, 24 May 2009
Mrs. Karen L. King (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
Very pleased.

You can adjust the volume on the phone handset.

No-one has had difficulty hearing me (not that I asked anyone, but I have even spoken to call centres & they would have said if it was unclear, or would have got me to repeat things!)

I would recommend the product & it was delivered very quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic headset, 30 Mar 2009
Phil A (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TCA94EXB Headset (Accessory)
This little headset is simple to use and gives a good aural performance. The microphone could be improved as I have had a couple of comments that it sounds more like a speakerphone, which is not good. But it's cheap and it works ok - well except the mute button on the earpiece - that doesn't seem to work with my phones (Panasonic KXTG8324)

5.0 out of 5 stars Headset comfort, 16 April 2009
Mr. J. Cooper "Brer" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
Fantastic!
Much more comfortable than using the phone piece.
The microphone pick up is excellent.
I wish you could buy music headphones like this, they would be so much more comfortable!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for Listening, Poor for speaking, 16 Jun 2010
J. Coleman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TCA94EXB Headset (Accessory)
I regularly spend 1 or 2 hours at a time on conference calls, which was fine in the office with a headset, but not good at home without one.

I bought this Panasonic one as I have Panasonic DECT phones. I my case the sound quaility is excellent when listening to calls, but the microphone pickup is very poor on my example at least. From the very first call, I was getting 'speak up' or 'we can't hear you'. Speaking much louder than normal, and holding the micro closer helped, but didn't cure the issue, and is not a solution for hands free headset.

Since the headset comes in a sealed plastic package, it is not something that can be returned for a refund. I suspect there is a qaulity control issue with these units, as reviews are either glowing or poor.

I'm going to buy the plantronics headset which seems to have more consistent 'good' reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars End the ear ache, 28 Oct 2009
Mr. Malcolm R. Nixon "Malcolm" (Ilkley, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TCA94EXB Headset (Accessory)
After years of not only ear ache when on phoning marathons, but arm ache as well, I have been really pleased with the headset. It is comfortable to wear, gives a clear sound, and the microphone is doing its job, judging by the response from people I have phoned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone headset, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TCA94EXB Headset (Accessory)
If you get a phone call whilst you're in the middle of doing something, this is an excellent hands-free option to carry on without interruption and take the call at the same time. I can now cook, wash, clean, do DIY, in fact anything around the house and at the same time keep in touch with people. The headset is small, lightweight and comfortable with good sound reception and transmission. I have Panasonic phones similar to Panasonic KXTG6524 Digital Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Quad and this is a must-have accessory for them - for the price it's so useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Service!, 28 Nov 2010
A Biochemist (Bishop's Stortford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TCA94EXB Headset (Accessory)
My original review for this was negative. However after speaking to the supplier, DST (probably should have done this sooner) and listening to their advice, i now have a great headset. Basically if your batteries in your dect phone are past their best, this seems to affect the ability of the headset to pick up your voice. I replaced the batteries in my panasonic handsets and now my voice comes across clear on teleconferences using the headset. This is great because in every other way the headset represented good value for money - comfortable, portable and unobtrusive! DST were very helpful as a supplier and I would recommend them to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Product, 6 Oct 2011
A. Hill (Seaham, County Durham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TCA94EXB Headset (Accessory)
I bought this headset on the basis that it had a mute and volume feature, however I was very disappointed to find out that there is indeed NO VOLUME adjustment on the headset itself, and the MUTE button - unless it is designed to work specifically with a Panasonic DECT phone (I'm using the headset with a Siemens DECT phone) doesn't work either.

The headset itself - although it looks a little flimsy, is actually very comfortable to wear, and the microphone seems to pick up my voice ok.

Had I known about the volume/mute etc. not being present/working - I may have chosen to have bought a cheaper headset. Now that I've got this one, it's not worth the hassle of returning it for the sake of a few quid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable but volume not loud enough, 2 July 2010
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TCA94EXB Headset (Accessory)
Bought this headset and it works fine, though occasionally the party I was speaking to would complain that they couldn't hear me very well.

In more noisy office conditions, even with my Panasonic DECT phone volume cranked right up, the volume was too low.

On the plus side, the Panasonic headset is very light, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you needed its lightness.

I've since bought two other DECT headsets from Amazon for evaluation, one Plantronics and one Doro. On both the Doro and Panasonic, the maximum volume was much louder and the audio clearer, though both of these headsets are bulkier than the Panasonic. Between the Doro and the Plantronics, the Plantronics probably has the edge due to its dual ear mounts, though the Doro one seemed more comfortable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›