5.0 out of 5 stars Does as it says on the box
Published on 22 Dec 2006 by Mr. Simon Wheeler

3.0 out of 5 stars Works one 2 PC's but not on one
I'm using Acronis v10 on two laptops (and had to do a full recovery on one after a hard disk crash, my first in over 20 years of using PC's, thank goodness, and it worked first time) but on my main machine it refuses to install. They are all running XP Home

Published on 3 July 2007 by J. Falk

5.0 out of 5 stars Does as it says on the box, 22 Dec 2006
Mr. Simon Wheeler (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) (CD-ROM)
I was looking for a flexible back-up and restore package to go with the external hard drive I bought for this purpose. The software was easily installed - though do check the system requirements first - and is really comprehensive in what it can do. I like the "clone" facility as well as the usual stuff about incremental back up of files. Because it is flexible there is a 95 page on-disc help manual - but given time to decide what you want exactly and to check out the simple instructions it appears straightforward to use. If you buy the CD rather than a download you do not have to bother with creating an emergency boot disc- in case of a crash it will boot your computer from the CD RoM. A word of warning - it will also do a complete wipe of data from your hard drive (better than reformatting the drive)...great for when dumping or selling on an old pc...but dodgy if you are careless with reading menus! All in all an impressive and very useful bit of software.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need it, this is the one!, 26 Feb 2007
Edutainer (Hythe, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) (CD-ROM)
Playing around with hard disks can be a nightmare of lost data, error messages and hours spent formatting and re-formatting. Acronis True Image 10 makes upgrading your drives a dream.

I was rapidly running out of space on my main drive but the thought of re-installing and re-configuring Windows and all the applications (even where I had the discs) was daunting. Last time I did it, it took a weekend and then I had to wait while all the applications updated on-line.

Acronis transferred my data from a 19GB to a 122GB drive in under two hours, and the system rebooted first time from the new drive with identical configuration and no Windows error messages.

Lots of other utilities to keep your data safe and they all work like a charm compared with some of the so-called `competitive products.'

I'd recommend this suite to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !!!, 6 July 2007
Craig Bullen (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have been in IT for 25 years and used hundreds of different PC packages and this is one of the easiest pieces of software I have used. It does exactly what it's supposed to and it's very easy to use. Some back up S/W can be a bit fiddly especially when you're trying to back up the whole system but not this. I backed up my Tosh laptop with the full system option before it went for repair and when it came back with just basic XP on I reloaded the Acronis software and then just re-loaded my system back on. It rebooted first time like nothing had ever changed. If you're looking for a comprehensive but easy to use backup SW package then look no further.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for Me, 19 Jun 2007
D. Ryalls "ryallsy" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have successfully used this product for several months now, both in backup and restore mode. Having bought a Vista PC I have used the software to backup the hard disk before tuning/tweaking Vista, and restoring back to the original install point, using the sector for sector image copy capability. I've also used it to backup my old PC disks onto a Toshiba 320GB USB drive, and restore onto the new PC's hard disk. These restores have successfully created new logical partitions on the target hard disk, using free space available.

The product that ships on CD needs a patch from the Acronis site to be Vista compatible.

Like somebody below, I had a failed install with the error message, but using Windows uninstaller in Control Panel got around that problem. I've also found that the boot CD isn't always reliable, with the result that you don't always have a mouse unless you boot into Acronis Safe Mode, which means that backups/restores run far more slowly. For those reasons, it doesn't get 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Norton Ghost, 30 Mar 2007
A. J. Daly (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have been using Norton Ghost 2003 for years, but I recently upgraded to Windows Vista which is not compatible with Ghost 2003. So I did my research and bought Acronis True Image 10. I have to say, I have done multiple full backups, full restores and even hard drive clones. This product was absolutely fantastic. The only minor glitch I found was when cloning with Vista in that you needed to use the Windows Vista DVD to repair the startup files before the cloned hard drive would boot, however, this is not a problem when doing a restore, just when cloning to another hard drive. An excellent product and in my opinion much better than Ghost.

5.0 out of 5 stars PC Peace of Mind, 1 Feb 2007
migo1759 (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) (CD-ROM)
I recently installed True Image 10 on my PC and very quickly completely backed up my PC onto an external hard disk, including the OS, MS Outlook, my personal settings for most of my software and all folders & files. I have also scheduled it to carry out incremental backups at specified times, and have separately saved to DVD my extensive collection of digital photos. It is also extremely simple to just backup specific file types if you want to do this.

This was all a completed doddle. It really couldn't be any easier and the User's Guide is very helpful & well written. I'm certainly not a techie and if I can do it, anyone can. If you buy the retail version (rather than download it) the CD/media it is supplied on is bootable, which is a real advantage.

Like the previous reviewer my external HD was supplied in FAT32 format but the first thing I did when I got it home was to reformat it to NTFS, so I haven't experienced the file size limitation conflict using TI 10.

In my opinion, this time the claim that a piece of software is a total "solution" is totally justified. This is excellent & highly recommended for any PC owner/users peace of mind. Obviously I haven't needed to use it 'in anger' to restore my PC/files, but the little niggles I always had at the back of my mind about hard drive failures and deleted files have now gone :-)

Just one comment - I bought mine from Amazon within the last 2 weeks at under 24. I noticed that the price has since increased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its worth every penny, 7 Aug 2007
This review is from: Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) (CD-ROM)
Having lost a data on more two occasions I thought it would time to invest in some decent backup software. In the past I had experimented with some (Norton Go Back, & Save and Restore) but these were slow, problematic and felt clunky and were huge on system resources as well as file size. I stumbled upon Acronis by accident and was intrigued by all the good reviews I was reading, so I downloaded their free trial version as I thought it was worth a go to see what it was like and what would happen.
I was a little surprised at first as there seemed to be so many options but after a little exploring they became clear and very useful and simplified so I went ahead and run a full hard drive back up which included the OS and all my programs with a help of a very useful wizard. I was very surprised how quick the back up took, and the fact it didn't stop me from doing anything else on my computer while it was doing its job. Next step was to create a bootable disk to run if Windows would not start so I created the disk and then I deliberately sabotaged Windows by deleting lots and lots of registry entries (why I hear you say?) When I tried to restart my PC Windows would not even start! Success! So the next step was a full restore I was at first very wary of doing this but I stuck the bootable disk in to my pc and bit the bullet and pressed the restore option...19 mins later my PC was back up and running just as it was before!! Fantastic!! I could not believe how quick and remarkably easy this program was!
Now I have multiple back ups of all my hard drives, OS, Programs and documents. And even better is the fact that I can run schedule back ups when ever I want, even when I log on or shut down my PC with no drain on system resources or slow downs at all. Restoring is a breeze too as it allows you to do full restores or select individual files or folders.
I cannot recommend this program highly enough! Its worth every penny and blows all other competition out of the water!

3.0 out of 5 stars Works one 2 PC's but not on one, 3 July 2007
J. Falk - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) (CD-ROM)

I have exchanged many emails with the support desk. To give them credit, they have tried to solve but still no success after first experiencing this in Dec 06 {this review is posted in July 07).

So, if you have a PC that is more than 3 years old (mine is 4) be careful.

3 Stars because it has saved me on one laptop but it worries me that it won't install on another machine. Who knows what deep problems are lurking around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin..., 14 Jun 2007
D. Bower "dannybgoode" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) (CD-ROM)
If you do not back up your files it is only a matter of time before you have a catastophic failure and trust me, you'll only lose all your data once before you think about securing it.

Trouble is, its a pain to do but software like True Image makes the whole thing totally automated.

I have been using True Image for a few months and the best compliment I can pay is that I don't know its there. It just gets on with the job and has never failed.

The scheduling is very powerful and the system prompts you if you have not done a full image back up first and allows you to do one. Then setting up a differential or incremental backup is a doddle. I'll not go into the differences here but it is well documented with the software. Incremental backups are a newer method and more efficient though.

I have mine set to do a full system back up once a month that images all relevant drives, a weekly incremental back up of the same and a nightly full back up of all my data files and it never misses a beat.

It does a good jobs of imaging efficiently also, the full system back up which contains a huge amount of multi-media files plus all of windows and associated programs plus all my data only takes up 140gb. Gives me plenty spare on a 400gb external drive.

So why 4 stars - well I've not had to test it in the event of a failure yet. I've had a mock run-though and it seems ok but obviously that will be the true test of it but at least I know I've got a realiable image as a starting point if not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended - worked where Ghost 10 didn't, 29 Jan 2007
L. Waters (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) (CD-ROM)
I was upgrading my home pc's hard drive to a larger capacity and bought Norton Ghost 10 to do the task. After carrying out the procedure, the cloned disk wouldn't boot. Maybe this is because of the difficulties of trying to clone while WinXP is running. Whatever, I spent hours trying to fix the problem and couldn't.

I bought True Image 10 as I had read good reviews about it. Using the boot-CD, the disk cloned fine at the first attempt. This may be because True Image does everything prior to WinXP loading. Whatever the reasons for its success, I had no problems.

I recommend True Image 10 if you value your free time and data.

ARRAY(0x1105f048)

Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC)
Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC) by Acronis Inc. (Windows 2000 / XP)
Used & New from: 11.02