1,376 Reviews
 (1,050)

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Imageo- candlelight without the problems!
I now have two sets of these fantastic little rechargeable LED candle lights - blue and red. They look just like real candles burning in frosted glass holders. Recharging is really easy on the silver charger base shown in the picture, and the charger timer turns off automatically when charging is finished. A single charge lasts for ages - I've used the lamps in the...
Published on 29 Mar 2010 by Steve Vandes

3.0 out of 5 stars ornamental only and quality control a problem
Published on 20 Dec 2009 by mobygocrespo

3.0 out of 5 stars ornamental only and quality control a problem, 20 Dec 2009
This review is from: Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White (Kitchen & Home)
As a number of other reviewers note, they look good but the light is very low level. I bought a set, liked them so bought an additional set as a gift but had the same problem as a number of other reviewers - one of the set is faulty and only briefly holds a charge, not the sort of quality control you'd expect from this brand name. I'd only take a chance on a further set if they were around the £15 mark, otherwise they're overpriced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick no-mess light in power cuts.....also good mood-lighting, 8 Jan 2008
FestiveLady "FestiveLady" (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
You can have candlelit rooms where no constant supervision is required due to presence of real flames and children (or adults behaving like children, like at parties). Here up North you quite often get power cuts especially in remote areas, especially in winter, so these lights put paid to stumbling round in the dark lighting candles or the harsh light of torches especially if the power's off for many hours. Other reviewers speak of the realistic effect etc; I won't repeat them, but I do agree, and I'm glad I bought two sets so that one can recharge whilst the other's in use. I gave a set to someone for Christmas and they love it. I've just ordered another set for myself.

P.S. 9th Feb.2014. After being knocked on to the floor, two sets still work fine. One set, never knocked over, apparently charges (charging light lights up) but no lights. For power cuts I've changed to rechargeable nightlights-cum-torches e.g. **TWIN-PACK** 3-in-1 Rechargeable Torch, Automatic Night Light & Emergency Power Cut Light. As seen on BBC's "Dragons Den" and a tilley lamp for a higher level of illumination. These "candles" are used more for mood lighting and power cut backups as the advantage is that they can be moved anywhere (not restricted to socket or cord).

This review is for Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White, Amazon ref ASIN B000JP4M6O.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice gift..., 6 Nov 2008
marcoscu "marcoscu" (Chorley,UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought these as a gift for my partner as I know she enjoys things that lend atmosphere to a room and neither she nor I were disapointed with these little Phillips lights.

The build quality seems good and they are well packaged. They take about twelve hours to charge. The charger turns itself off when they are done, which is a useful touch. Once charged they burn for many hours before needing a top up.

Don't look on these items as being a light source, they are not, and not designed as such. They are a sort of safe imititation candle designed throw a pleasanr warm glow over a dining table or perhaps as a discreet night light. They go well with soft music, conversation and fine food...

So if you want to give your dinner table or even your bedroom some atmosphere then look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality easy to use product, 18 Feb 2008
L Williams "les-williams" (Exeter) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I think my wife was a little sceptical when I gave her these. She uses a lot of candles and night-lights and wondered where she would use them. As it turns out they've been used for dinner-parties where there's no risk of anyone being burnt by a naked-flame and she also uses them at night to give a restful light to go to sleep by, and being rechargeable you can safely leave them on.
Unlike some others I've seen where the candle has to be taken out of the glass and plugged in to charge and then is permanently on when it's unplugged, the Philips charges in its glass on its base and you turn it on and off by shaking.
Realistic flickering effect and the light lasts for well over 12 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 3 Dec 2009
T. Yates (East London) - See all my reviews
My nan has had these for some time now and I have been meaning to get them. I finally did and I absolutely love them. I have even got them for peoples xmas presents!
1 full charge (12 Hrs) gives me around 3 evenings of candlelight, thats with putting them on when it gets dark, and it is getting dark early now.
They make the room feel so warm and cosy, just what you need on these winter nights approaching.
Money well spent!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant design, but can be annoying, 28 Feb 2008
shpadoinkle - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
These are a great idea, especially if you worry about fires. You can leave them and forget about them. They look great.
There's not much point going into the details, as other reviews have done that.
I just wanted to say that they really could do with the option of a 'steady glow', aswell as the flickering. I found the artificial flickering effect too strong, and not easy to look at. They were okay placed out of the way on a windowsill or something, but next to the TV, or on a dining table infront of you, they were a little irritating. I'm quite sensitive though, so this probably wouldn't be a problem for most people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just so clever, 22 Jan 2008
Bought one set as a whim and they are fantastic so have bought 3 more sets. They are great gifts for that person who has every thing and 13 year old daughter thinks they are cool so can't be bad

4.0 out of 5 stars Mess with my head!, 3 Sep 2008
These candle immitating lights are great, when i first turned them on (which can sometimes take more then 1 tilt to the side..) i was a little unimpressed, the effect seemed to fake, and the whole thing looked a bit wrong,

BUT after a few hours of having them on, i love them! I keep worrying about burning myself on them in fact! (of course they're stone cold to the touch!)

brilliant!

4 stars because of initial thoughts and slightly fake looking light effects

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gift, 15 April 2009
M. Shaw "Wornwellies" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Bought these for myself as I have a toddler in the house. Use them on the window ledge and they are lovely and cosy to come home to at night. Bought my friend the white ones but they are not as welcoming. All in all a thoughtful gift which I am sure will be well appreciated.....so far I have bought 3 sets with another one ordered for my mum in law.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Perfect, 30 Mar 2009
RnA (London, UK) - See all my reviews
My wife and I recently welcomed our first child into the world, and in the past 4 days since his birth, these LED candles have transformed our apartment. I simply do not have words for how amazing these things are, and I would highly, highly recommend them to anyone considering to get them.

Last week, when our son was born, he was delivered at home. Having these LED candles on hand was simply priceless. We kept the apartment quite dark and relaxed, and these candles were our main source of light. The natural flicker they have provided a natural glow to our surroundings, enhancing the calm atmosphere. Knowing that there was no risk of fire, or burning, or danger of smoke was a key factor in this. Combined with their portability, this meant we could take the candles from room to room, whenever my wife wanted to change positions throughout labor, and light the dining table area, or living room sofa, or bedroom as we wanted, adding extra candles for more light, or spacing them out for a more diffuse atmosphere.

She now uses them when breastfeeding our baby, as they create a very natural ambiance, and are easy on his eyes. The fact that there is no switch to press, and that they last for so long on a charge is incredibly useful, as she can operate them when holding the baby, and rotate them on the charger.

I need to find the team who made this product at Philips and give them all a hug.