4.6 out of 5 stars1,982
Colour: White|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,476 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 November 2012
These rechargeable candles are fantastic! They look the real deal but are completely safe (which is what we need with a very nosey cat!!). They look so pretty and shed very soft light + will be very handy if we have any power cuts! Would really recommend as a Christmas present too!
review image review image review image
on 29 March 2010
I now have two sets of these fantastic little rechargeable LED candle lights - blue and red. They look just like real candles burning in frosted glass holders. Recharging is really easy on the silver charger base shown in the picture, and the charger timer turns off automatically when charging is finished. A single charge lasts for ages - I've used the lamps in the evenings for well over a week before recharging. Turning them on and off couldn't be simpler - you simply invert the lamp.
We first saw them in a restaurant in Leeds and were impressed. Everyone who sees them in our house has been equally impressed, and I know of at least two of our visitors who have bought a set having seen ours! They are brilliant for mood lighting, as a window decoration, for creating a relaxing ambiance (the red are warm, the blue cool) and are amazing as the centrepiece for the dinner table. If you like candles without the mess, smell or potential fire hazard, these are for you. At around £25 for the set of three they are a bargain - I've seen some retailers selling them at £60-plus. Philips also make a set of amber (natural) colour lamps, and several different sizes of rechargeable candle lamps including tealights. You can buy the lamps separately without the charger base if you already have one. Two minor caveats:
1. Like all rechargeable battery products, battery performance will decline over time, especially if the instructions on charging aren't followed. Using Philips' figures, I reckon my sets will have a fully functional life of 20 years!
2. The holders are glass, so require care in placement and handling. They are very stable, but could be chipped or smashed if knocked from a shelf on to the floor (watch the cat - they are fascinated!)
These little lamps are one of the best products we've bought for years!
on 29 March 2008
I have bought 2 sets and am about to order another for the bathroom.
I just love them they give off a soft candle light and have so far fooled all my guests. very realistic and last about 12 hrs without recharge. Also great for caravan where 12 volt can be saved and fire risk of candles is illiminated. Candlelight at the flick of your wrist who could ask for more!. No switches to turn off and on. many of my friends have left my home and gone home to order these. Great value and you can buy extra candles from any philips stockist who will order them for you part Number- 799012 IMAGEO LED Candle single White. I got the part number for the extra lights from philips support who were very helpful
66 comments|169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 February 2008
My partner loves the ambience of candles and the sheer convenience of these was bound to please. No burning out, no related waxy smell and no fire risk. Pretty realistic ornamentally but I wouldn't think they would be of much functional use in a power cut, so I won't throw out the emergency candle supply. Not majorly expensive so a pleasing purchase with wide appeal.
on 14 July 2009
I bought two sets of these (one red, one blue) via the Amazon offer, and i think they're brilliant. As others have said, they don't really provide enough light to read by, especially as they're coloured, but work great for just having a little mood lighting as it were. I have the red ones in my bedroom and leave them on overnight when i sleep. The batteries last an age in them, not done any timed tests, but i can go for a couple of days before they run out, with leaving them on all night both nights and most of the evenings. Take into account it can take up to 12 hours to fully charge them though.

They're also great for using in the bathroom, as they charge by induction (like an electric toothbrush) they have no exposed electrical components, and i use all 6 to create a very relaxing mood.

The only gripe i can think of is how long it takes to fully charge the candles, apart from that a great product that's much safer and in the long run cheaper then conventional candles.

I've also uploaded some photos of the candles as the colours on the site are a bit brighter and pastel like than the candles really are.
review image review image
11 comment|161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 May 2007
There wasnt a problem with candles that needed to be solved, but if any one was going to try it would be philips, well i for one am glad they have. The philips imageo candle's are brilliant and extremelly easy to use. They arive in a well designed box, you get three candles a mains lead and a charging stand, The candles need charged for 12 hours before use and this is extremelly easy, the candes simpy sit on the charging stand i.e not wired in. After the 12 hours they are fully charged for 24 hours. To turn these on it is very easy and inovative, There is no button to press you simply tilt the candle to the side and the candle lights up, the candles are also lightweight and ideal for outdoor and indoor use as they are waterpoof. In my opinion they produce a fantastic effect and are well worth the price in fact i have allready ordered another set. go out there and join the candle revoloution
88 comments|316 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I think my wife was a little sceptical when I gave her these. She uses a lot of candles and night-lights and wondered where she would use them. As it turns out they've been used for dinner-parties where there's no risk of anyone being burnt by a naked-flame and she also uses them at night to give a restful light to go to sleep by, and being rechargeable you can safely leave them on.
Unlike some others I've seen where the candle has to be taken out of the glass and plugged in to charge and then is permanently on when it's unplugged, the Philips charges in its glass on its base and you turn it on and off by shaking.
Realistic flickering effect and the light lasts for well over 12 hours.
I was surprised to see this in the Philips portfolio - it is the sort of concept you would expect to see from an unknown brand, however, it is a superb product. You get three "LED candles" and a charger tray. The set is finished in opaque glass and silver plastic to a very high standard. The three "candles" sit on the charger tray until needed, although, cleverly, there are no obvious metal contacts between the bottom of the "candles" and the charger tray. When switched on by a gentle shake the "candles" give off an atmospheric light that is truly comparable to a traditional candle and can be placed anywhere independent of the charger but without any of the associated fire risks (statistics show 10 people died in the UK last year as a result of candle initiated fires and 2000 properties were damaged). The light lasts for about 20 hours or so and is ideal for dinner parties etc. All in all a dubious sounding concept brought to life in a quality way by Philips. Highly recommended on the basis of form, function and quality as well as being good value and a highly presentable gift.
66 comments|176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 9 July 2007
These are extremely easy to use and give your little piece of outdoor space an atmospheric twinkle without the dangers of real candles to children and pets. They're waterproof (I've proven that) insofar as they can be left out in the rain (turned upside down) and really attractive on a mild evening as the sun goes down (typically behind a huge thunder cloud this summer).

Update - I'm still using them nearly two years later. So they've lasted pretty well!
11 comment|134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2009
My nan has had these for some time now and I have been meaning to get them. I finally did and I absolutely love them. I have even got them for peoples xmas presents!
1 full charge (12 Hrs) gives me around 3 evenings of candlelight, thats with putting them on when it gets dark, and it is getting dark early now.
They make the room feel so warm and cosy, just what you need on these winter nights approaching.
Money well spent!!