1,231 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars I hold a candle for these little lights.
I adore candles but having moved into a new, smaller room than before, I daren't risk them. So I was thrilled to come across these, and having read Amazon reviews for them, decided to give them a go. They are easy to use, and they're safe, long lasting and effective, as well as them not getting hot so you can handle them and move them around while they're on...
Published on 4 Sep 2008 by Flickering Ember

3.0 out of 5 stars ornamental only and quality control a problem
As a number of other reviewers note, they look good but the light is very low level. I bought a set, liked them so bought an additional set as a gift but had the same problem as a number of other reviewers - one of the set is faulty and only briefly holds a charge, not the sort of quality control you'd expect from this brand name. I'd only take a chance on a further set...
Published on 20 Dec 2009 by mobygocrespo

4.0 out of 5 stars I hold a candle for these little lights., 4 Sep 2008
Flickering Ember "I need a break and I wanna ... (Once Upon A Long Ago.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White (Kitchen & Home)

My slight bugbears are that the glass scratches easily; I have had them less than a day and there is already a scratch on one of them. I also find the shade of orange they flicker, slightly unrealistic. But not enough not to recommend them to others. I plan to buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all sorts of uses., 14 July 2009
Hector Bruce (Leicester) - See all my reviews
I bought two sets of these (one red, one blue) via the Amazon offer, and i think they're brilliant. As others have said, they don't really provide enough light to read by, especially as they're coloured, but work great for just having a little mood lighting as it were. I have the red ones in my bedroom and leave them on overnight when i sleep. The batteries last an age in them, not done any timed tests, but i can go for a couple of days before they run out, with leaving them on all night both nights and most of the evenings. Take into account it can take up to 12 hours to fully charge them though.

They're also great for using in the bathroom, as they charge by induction (like an electric toothbrush) they have no exposed electrical components, and i use all 6 to create a very relaxing mood.

The only gripe i can think of is how long it takes to fully charge the candles, apart from that a great product that's much safer and in the long run cheaper then conventional candles.

I've also uploaded some photos of the candles as the colours on the site are a bit brighter and pastel like than the candles really are.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to wait for the rain to stop, 9 July 2007
C. Hatfield (Leafy Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
These are extremely easy to use and give your little piece of outdoor space an atmospheric twinkle without the dangers of real candles to children and pets. They're waterproof (I've proven that) insofar as they can be left out in the rain (turned upside down) and really attractive on a mild evening as the sun goes down (typically behind a huge thunder cloud this summer).

Update - I'm still using them nearly two years later. So they've lasted pretty well!

5.0 out of 5 stars philips candleiight, 7 Feb 2009
A. Catterick "high dining" (dorking UK) - See all my reviews
Philips Imageo Blue Candlelight 3 set

What a wonderful set of lights, after charging they lasted all of 24 hours, which means about a week of normal use. They really set off the dining ambience. Worth the price

5.0 out of 5 stars What a way to solve a problem that didn't need to be solved, 30 May 2007
There wasnt a problem with candles that needed to be solved, but if any one was going to try it would be philips, well i for one am glad they have. The philips imageo candle's are brilliant and extremelly easy to use. They arive in a well designed box, you get three candles a mains lead and a charging stand, The candles need charged for 12 hours before use and this is extremelly easy, the candes simpy sit on the charging stand i.e not wired in. After the 12 hours they are fully charged for 24 hours. To turn these on it is very easy and inovative, There is no button to press you simply tilt the candle to the side and the candle lights up, the candles are also lightweight and ideal for outdoor and indoor use as they are waterpoof. In my opinion they produce a fantastic effect and are well worth the price in fact i have allready ordered another set. go out there and join the candle revoloution

5.0 out of 5 stars An illuminating product, 11 Dec 2007
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
I was surprised to see this in the Philips portfolio - it is the sort of concept you would expect to see from an unknown brand, however, it is a superb product. You get three "LED candles" and a charger tray. The set is finished in opaque glass and silver plastic to a very high standard. The three "candles" sit on the charger tray until needed, although, cleverly, there are no obvious metal contacts between the bottom of the "candles" and the charger tray. When switched on by a gentle shake the "candles" give off an atmospheric light that is truly comparable to a traditional candle and can be placed anywhere independent of the charger but without any of the associated fire risks (statistics show 10 people died in the UK last year as a result of candle initiated fires and 2000 properties were damaged). The light lasts for about 20 hours or so and is ideal for dinner parties etc. All in all a dubious sounding concept brought to life in a quality way by Philips. Highly recommended on the basis of form, function and quality as well as being good value and a highly presentable gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Perfect, 30 Mar 2009
RnA (London, UK) - See all my reviews
My wife and I recently welcomed our first child into the world, and in the past 4 days since his birth, these LED candles have transformed our apartment. I simply do not have words for how amazing these things are, and I would highly, highly recommend them to anyone considering to get them.

Last week, when our son was born, he was delivered at home. Having these LED candles on hand was simply priceless. We kept the apartment quite dark and relaxed, and these candles were our main source of light. The natural flicker they have provided a natural glow to our surroundings, enhancing the calm atmosphere. Knowing that there was no risk of fire, or burning, or danger of smoke was a key factor in this. Combined with their portability, this meant we could take the candles from room to room, whenever my wife wanted to change positions throughout labor, and light the dining table area, or living room sofa, or bedroom as we wanted, adding extra candles for more light, or spacing them out for a more diffuse atmosphere.

She now uses them when breastfeeding our baby, as they create a very natural ambiance, and are easy on his eyes. The fact that there is no switch to press, and that they last for so long on a charge is incredibly useful, as she can operate them when holding the baby, and rotate them on the charger.

I need to find the team who made this product at Philips and give them all a hug.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant effect, 29 Mar 2008
I have bought 2 sets and am about to order another for the bathroom.
I just love them they give off a soft candle light and have so far fooled all my guests. very realistic and last about 12 hrs without recharge. Also great for caravan where 12 volt can be saved and fire risk of candles is illiminated. Candlelight at the flick of your wrist who could ask for more!. No switches to turn off and on. many of my friends have left my home and gone home to order these. Great value and you can buy extra candles from any philips stockist who will order them for you part Number- 799012 IMAGEO LED Candle single White. I got the part number for the extra lights from philips support who were very helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars So effective and dinky, absolutely perfect!!, 18 Feb 2008
A. Claudel (UK) - See all my reviews
I rarely take the time to write reviews on products but love these so much I thought I'd make a special effort, besides, I'm thinking about buying another 2 sets of these as a present.

I bought one set and then another for myself just recently and have used the lights every night since to create a cosy relaxing environment whilst crashed out on the sofa, light my dark hall to save leaving on the main lights and create a homely effect in my bedroom. I've also left the light on all night and find it still burning away the next day. I'll no doubt be using them for a relaxing bath ambience too.

The lights themselves are much smaller than they appear on the photographs/marketing blurb; they are just perfect. They also flicker, the frosted glass adds to the effect, they turn on and off with ease and generally appear to be of high quality. Even the chargers are minimalistic and attractive in themselves and I've stacked one set on top of the other for optimum space saving charging, with success.

These little lights have got many a comment and I rather geekily admire the simplicity and genius of them! Also great around pets and in areas that would normally be slightly risky for a real flame. Buy these (but save 2 for me!!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, attractive with added 'gadget' appeal, 29 Feb 2008
G. Wright (Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My partner loves the ambience of candles and the sheer convenience of these was bound to please. No burning out, no related waxy smell and no fire risk. Pretty realistic ornamentally but I wouldn't think they would be of much functional use in a power cut, so I won't throw out the emergency candle supply. Not majorly expensive so a pleasing purchase with wide appeal.