1,308 Reviews
 (1,001)

4.0 out of 5 stars I hold a candle for these little lights.
I adore candles but having moved into a new, smaller room than before, I daren't risk them. So I was thrilled to come across these, and having read Amazon reviews for them, decided to give them a go. They are easy to use, and they're safe, long lasting and effective, as well as them not getting hot so you can handle them and move them around while they're on...
Published on 4 Sep 2008 by Flickering Ember

3.0 out of 5 stars ornamental only and quality control a problem
As a number of other reviewers note, they look good but the light is very low level. I bought a set, liked them so bought an additional set as a gift but had the same problem as a number of other reviewers - one of the set is faulty and only briefly holds a charge, not the sort of quality control you'd expect from this brand name. I'd only take a chance on a further set...
Published on 20 Dec 2009 by mobygocrespo

4.0 out of 5 stars I hold a candle for these little lights., 4 Sep 2008
Flickering Ember "I need a break and I wanna ... (Once Upon A Long Ago.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White (Kitchen & Home)

My slight bugbears are that the glass scratches easily; I have had them less than a day and there is already a scratch on one of them. I also find the shade of orange they flicker, slightly unrealistic. But not enough not to recommend them to others. I plan to buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Imageo- candlelight without the problems!, 29 Mar 2010
I now have two sets of these fantastic little rechargeable LED candle lights - blue and red. They look just like real candles burning in frosted glass holders. Recharging is really easy on the silver charger base shown in the picture, and the charger timer turns off automatically when charging is finished. A single charge lasts for ages - I've used the lamps in the evenings for well over a week before recharging. Turning them on and off couldn't be simpler - you simply invert the lamp.
We first saw them in a restaurant in Leeds and were impressed. Everyone who sees them in our house has been equally impressed, and I know of at least two of our visitors who have bought a set having seen ours! They are brilliant for mood lighting, as a window decoration, for creating a relaxing ambiance (the red are warm, the blue cool) and are amazing as the centrepiece for the dinner table. If you like candles without the mess, smell or potential fire hazard, these are for you. At around £25 for the set of three they are a bargain - I've seen some retailers selling them at £60-plus. Philips also make a set of amber (natural) colour lamps, and several different sizes of rechargeable candle lamps including tealights. You can buy the lamps separately without the charger base if you already have one. Two minor caveats:
1. Like all rechargeable battery products, battery performance will decline over time, especially if the instructions on charging aren't followed. Using Philips' figures, I reckon my sets will have a fully functional life of 20 years!
2. The holders are glass, so require care in placement and handling. They are very stable, but could be chipped or smashed if knocked from a shelf on to the floor (watch the cat - they are fascinated!)
These little lamps are one of the best products we've bought for years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all sorts of uses., 14 July 2009
Hector Bruce (Leicester) - See all my reviews
I bought two sets of these (one red, one blue) via the Amazon offer, and i think they're brilliant. As others have said, they don't really provide enough light to read by, especially as they're coloured, but work great for just having a little mood lighting as it were. I have the red ones in my bedroom and leave them on overnight when i sleep. The batteries last an age in them, not done any timed tests, but i can go for a couple of days before they run out, with leaving them on all night both nights and most of the evenings. Take into account it can take up to 12 hours to fully charge them though.

They're also great for using in the bathroom, as they charge by induction (like an electric toothbrush) they have no exposed electrical components, and i use all 6 to create a very relaxing mood.

The only gripe i can think of is how long it takes to fully charge the candles, apart from that a great product that's much safer and in the long run cheaper then conventional candles.

I've also uploaded some photos of the candles as the colours on the site are a bit brighter and pastel like than the candles really are.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to wait for the rain to stop, 9 July 2007
C. Hatfield (Leafy Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
These are extremely easy to use and give your little piece of outdoor space an atmospheric twinkle without the dangers of real candles to children and pets. They're waterproof (I've proven that) insofar as they can be left out in the rain (turned upside down) and really attractive on a mild evening as the sun goes down (typically behind a huge thunder cloud this summer).

Update - I'm still using them nearly two years later. So they've lasted pretty well!

5.0 out of 5 stars philips candleiight, 7 Feb 2009
A. Catterick "high dining" (dorking UK) - See all my reviews
Philips Imageo Blue Candlelight 3 set

What a wonderful set of lights, after charging they lasted all of 24 hours, which means about a week of normal use. They really set off the dining ambience. Worth the price

5.0 out of 5 stars An illuminating product, 11 Dec 2007
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
I was surprised to see this in the Philips portfolio - it is the sort of concept you would expect to see from an unknown brand, however, it is a superb product. You get three "LED candles" and a charger tray. The set is finished in opaque glass and silver plastic to a very high standard. The three "candles" sit on the charger tray until needed, although, cleverly, there are no obvious metal contacts between the bottom of the "candles" and the charger tray. When switched on by a gentle shake the "candles" give off an atmospheric light that is truly comparable to a traditional candle and can be placed anywhere independent of the charger but without any of the associated fire risks (statistics show 10 people died in the UK last year as a result of candle initiated fires and 2000 properties were damaged). The light lasts for about 20 hours or so and is ideal for dinner parties etc. All in all a dubious sounding concept brought to life in a quality way by Philips. Highly recommended on the basis of form, function and quality as well as being good value and a highly presentable gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant effect, 29 Mar 2008
I have bought 2 sets and am about to order another for the bathroom.
I just love them they give off a soft candle light and have so far fooled all my guests. very realistic and last about 12 hrs without recharge. Also great for caravan where 12 volt can be saved and fire risk of candles is illiminated. Candlelight at the flick of your wrist who could ask for more!. No switches to turn off and on. many of my friends have left my home and gone home to order these. Great value and you can buy extra candles from any philips stockist who will order them for you part Number- 799012 IMAGEO LED Candle single White. I got the part number for the extra lights from philips support who were very helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars What a way to solve a problem that didn't need to be solved, 30 May 2007
There wasnt a problem with candles that needed to be solved, but if any one was going to try it would be philips, well i for one am glad they have. The philips imageo candle's are brilliant and extremelly easy to use. They arive in a well designed box, you get three candles a mains lead and a charging stand, The candles need charged for 12 hours before use and this is extremelly easy, the candes simpy sit on the charging stand i.e not wired in. After the 12 hours they are fully charged for 24 hours. To turn these on it is very easy and inovative, There is no button to press you simply tilt the candle to the side and the candle lights up, the candles are also lightweight and ideal for outdoor and indoor use as they are waterpoof. In my opinion they produce a fantastic effect and are well worth the price in fact i have allready ordered another set. go out there and join the candle revoloution

5.0 out of 5 stars So effective and dinky, absolutely perfect!!, 18 Feb 2008
A. Claudel (UK) - See all my reviews
I rarely take the time to write reviews on products but love these so much I thought I'd make a special effort, besides, I'm thinking about buying another 2 sets of these as a present.

I bought one set and then another for myself just recently and have used the lights every night since to create a cosy relaxing environment whilst crashed out on the sofa, light my dark hall to save leaving on the main lights and create a homely effect in my bedroom. I've also left the light on all night and find it still burning away the next day. I'll no doubt be using them for a relaxing bath ambience too.

The lights themselves are much smaller than they appear on the photographs/marketing blurb; they are just perfect. They also flicker, the frosted glass adds to the effect, they turn on and off with ease and generally appear to be of high quality. Even the chargers are minimalistic and attractive in themselves and I've stacked one set on top of the other for optimum space saving charging, with success.

These little lights have got many a comment and I rather geekily admire the simplicity and genius of them! Also great around pets and in areas that would normally be slightly risky for a real flame. Buy these (but save 2 for me!!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, attractive with added 'gadget' appeal, 29 Feb 2008
G. Wright (Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My partner loves the ambience of candles and the sheer convenience of these was bound to please. No burning out, no related waxy smell and no fire risk. Pretty realistic ornamentally but I wouldn't think they would be of much functional use in a power cut, so I won't throw out the emergency candle supply. Not majorly expensive so a pleasing purchase with wide appeal.