1,349 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars simply great
I have had a watch like this since 1985. The first one lasted 3 years on one battery. It is such a simple and elegant design, yet easy to read. I now have the third one, because I wanted Casio to replace a broken strap, but they send me a new one instead - free of charge! A great "timeless" design, simply stylish and functional. Just as nice for women!
Published on 17 Oct 2007 by Mrs. P. M. Giede-barnes

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful
Does what it says on the box. Only problem I found was the strap seems a little on the short side.
Published on 28 Oct 2010 by dogma

5.0 out of 5 stars simply great, 17 Oct 2007
This review is from: Casio Unisex Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap MQ24/7B (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Watch, 1 Oct 2008
I'm on my second one of these watches, the strap on the first one went after a few years so I just bought another watch.
This is a real classic, I love it - so simple and easy to read - it's the only watch you'll ever need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light weight and ideal for comfortable all-day wear., 21 May 2008
I wanted a slim watch that didn't weigh very much, so I could wear it comfortably all day, while typing at a keyboard. This model is perfect; a mere 18g and 7mm thick. The face itself is 30mm round, and the strap 18mm wide. Even so, it doesn't look too small on my wrist - and I'm 6'4"

Most other analogues have too much bling, are up to 15mm thick and can weigh up to 100g or more (which would be like having a bag of sugar on the end of your arm!) Digital watches are covered with multi-coloured lettering, and have dozens of functions and buttons you'll never need; I'm not going diving, pot-holing, trekking or mountain climbing any time soon. The cheapest "retro" digitals look exactly that; cheap.

By contrast, this watch couldn't be simpler; white background, black numbers and dials. Accurate to within 20s a month. The battery life's a little disappointing at only two years, though.

At this price, you can afford to have a fancy watch for "best" as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and simple design, 16 Dec 2007
I've had one of these for years. It's functional and it looks good. It takes minutes to fit a new battery and they last. I always keep one as a spare. If you're concerned about your carbon footprint you might worry that it is cheaper to buy a new one - at this price - than to replace the strap when it eventually wears out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tells the time - what more do you need ?, 21 Oct 2007
R. Watson (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
I've had one of these for ages. I bought it for leisure sailing, thinking that if it (or I) went overboard, no big deal (on the 'broken watch' front). I can fit a new battery (from boots) myself with a swiss army knife, and I still have it and still wear it when I need a watch but the risk is too high to use a 'quality' watch.

When I bought mine it was a 'tenner' from a high-street shop. Well worth the price now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple is Beautiful, 12 July 2008
I've had one of these for a few years now. I got it because it was the clearest analog display I'd ever seen, and the watch itself was small and light.

It's attractive to look at, nice to wear and it keeps very good time. Provided you don't need to know the date, or if it's morning or afternoon, and don't need the to-the-second precision of a digital watch, this watch will do the job. The lack of these features mean it's no good for those expecting to travel into different time zones, but not everyone does that.

This watch is an absolute classic. It does exactly what it says on the tin, and does it well. For me, it is the clarity and simplicity that make it so beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, Smashing, Great, 26 Jan 2009
R. Ewen "Caledonian" (UK) - See all my reviews
Bling, Bling this watch is not. If you are after a watch with all the bells and whistles e.g. date, stop watch, light ect please DO NOT buy this watch. Go and buy a different one (there are many out there) because you will not be satisfied. This is the most unpretentious watch known to man - it does exactly what it says on the tin.......tells the time!!! But if you want a classic styled watch that only tells the time and is easy to read, you simply can't go wrong with this Casio. It has a plain rubber strap with a steel back and is very light in weight and also thin. I don't even know how they fit that battery in. It is unisex in design and will be able to fit most people's wrists. I have very thin wrists and can never get a watch to fit me with out piercing a new hole but alas this watch has bucked the trend. I have a number of watches but will probably be wearing this one frequently because if I break it or loose it I can just buy another one and know I won't be breaking the bank.

5.0 out of 5 stars Design Classic, 19 Sep 2008
Mr. Adam Ritchie (London) - See all my reviews
The Casio MQ 24 is one of the best products ever. It keeps better time than any other watch I've ever owned and looks brilliant. For simplicity, good looks, lightness, functional perfection and low price it cannot be equalled. The strap lasts about two years until it goes, but can easily be replaced. I've been buying them for the last fifteen years and hope Casio keep making them forever.Casio MQ-24-7BLL Mens Analogue Resin Strap watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant for price & purpose., 29 May 2008
Orlando (Holmfirth, Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Wanted very cheap, simple, clear, reliable, lightweight analogue watch for use when gardening, doing DIY, anything mucky. This little watch ticks all those boxes brilliantly. Nothing much more to say really - except that, I do very occasionally find myself looking for the date that I have on other watches & I suppose if I were being really picky, the inclusion of a simple date number would make it perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 19 Feb 2009
Bolaji Akinwale "Babaoba" (Aldridge UK) - See all my reviews
My previous watch was a £400+ Raymond Weil watch which I could not take a shower with. I swim with this watch and play squash wearing it, with no fear of damage, and yes, it does keep accurate time. I have since bought another for my son.