on 27 January 2012
Why are so many digital watches full of utter rubbish that just makes them harder to use for the simple task of clearly seeing the date and time - also at night?

This watch is great:
- you can turn off the beep
- you can disable functions you don't need. So if you accidentally press the "mode" button, you don't need to cycle through 14 different time zones, lap timers, etc etc just to get back to see the time and date
- the display is not overly cluttered with text saying e.g. "200M water resistant"
- its not 50mm in diameter and clunky
- the buttons are low-relief so they don't get pressed by accident
- Indiglo backlight is excellent

Only minus is the ugly "Iron Man Triathlon" logo which takes up display area and actually can cast a shadow over the bit you want to read. So only 4 stars...
on 25 August 2011
I bought this for use in the Army as it is lightweight, waterproof and long lasting, with a light and stopwatch facilities - would reccomend this to anyone who wants a watch for an active lifestyle that will survive more than a few knocks!
on 9 October 2013
I prefer digital watches and have used them for the past 25 years. Many have a large face and seem bulky when worn.
The Timex Sport Ironman Midsixe Triathlon is clear and very readable while feeling compact when worn.
I enjoy the date and day display to complement the time display. This informatiopn is always helpful when completing forms or other documents.. The watch is claimed to be water proof to 100 m a level of sealing to ensure vapour perspiration and other liquids are excluded from the timepiece.
on 20 July 2010
Great watch for timing splits etc. I didn't find it easy to set it up -which could be me but instructions pretty useless but someone less technically challenged was able to help and now it seems easy enough to use though I'm not sure I am using all the features yet. Size is good if you have small wrists as not too large. Recommend it if you want a well-priced functional watch for running.
on 20 May 2012
Great value, great watch. Just right for14 year old. Not too big. Thanks
The watch is a good product. Used for splits timing in races
on 19 June 2013
this beautiful watch came as a present for my 10 yars old son in replacement of the bad choise of an OLIVIA collection watch which i strongly recommend to avoid for the quality and assistance!in contrast this timex watch is of excellent quality even though in the beginning my son seemed not to like it cause it is very thin!but now he he likes it very much and fits perfect to his hand!i believe it is an excellent choise for children!!
on 2 May 2013
This watch is perfect for my son who loves outdoor activities but has a very slim wrist. It looks good, and is easy to operate
on 18 July 2012
Timex Sport Ironman Midsize Triathlon 30 Lap Watch - T5E961
The watch arrived 3 days after ordering.
I have been using it now for 4 weeks. I use it only as a lap timer/counter when swimming (1 lap = 2 lengths) so this review does not cover any of the other functions available (eg. alarms).
Pros :-
It all works as expected.
Cons :-
1. On taking it out of the box I found that the small loop in which you can tuck the strap end was broken. I use a small tie-wrap to do the job, but a rubber band would probably also work.
2. The 'Start/Split' button is not sufficiently positive. It needs to be pushed carefully as it can be subject to both 'missed hits' and 'double hits'. It is worth putting it to your ear to listen for the beep when pushing the button. This is something the manufacturers could work on, but may have to be expected in a small watch such as this.
3. The digits used to display the lap counter are small (the lap time is given in larger digits). They are easy to read out of the water, but in the pool I cannot read them without removing my goggles and wiping the water off the display. This means I cannot just glance at the watch to check the number of laps. This is partly due to the fact that this is a relatively small watch (I did not want something too ostentatious) and that my eyesight is not what it was. It may be worth getting a larger version.
4. The Indiglo light is so weak that it can only be useful in near total darkness. However, I have no intention of swimming in the dark, so this is not a problem.

Summary :-
A serviceable watch which does what I wanted. Good for the price (£26.49).
Before buying this type of watch, it may be worth overestimating the number of lengths you expect to complete. I have now gone beyond the 60 length maximum I anticipated, so wish I had bought one with a larger lap memory.
on 14 February 2014
I bought this for my 10 year old and he loves it.it could be used by anybody wishing a smart, lightweight, durable watch. Great for running or jogging. Is truly unisex with slim face.
on 24 March 2014
Unlike other larger stop watches I have bought, this is neat and compact on the wrist during competition, yet still has a very clear display that can easily be read "on the run". The controls are simple, intuitive and very easy to use. Alhtough the watch will store up to 30 lap times, its only slight drawback is that it does not store more than one total event time. To keep track of performance history/PBs etc, it is therefore necessary to make a record of the total time for each event before starting the next event. Apart from this, it would have scored 5 stars.