4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it should, and it does it fine.
This is the second Timex Ironman Trathlon watch I've used, and the previous one lasted me for about 4 years before I lost it in between movings.

Published on 18 Aug. 2011 by C. D. C. Hdez

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but somewhat expensive
Published on 4 Jun. 2010 by S. Shankland

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it should, and it does it fine., 18 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Timex Sport Ironman Fullsize Triathlon 30 Lap Watch - T5E901 (Watch)

It is a great, lightweight watch, with big numbers and is easy to use. It has 3 time zones, 3 alarms (loud enough to hear from a few rooms away when you are not wearing it) and "ocassion reminders"; this last is a feeble attempt at an appointment alarm, it would be useful if not for the pain it takes to introduce a event.

The strap is rubber, and keeps itself in position without getting in the way when exercising (be it swimming, running or lifting weights), however, when it breaks (all rubber bands will break one day), the shape of the junction (of the band with the watch, that is) will make it impossible to replace it with a standard band, you'll have to get an original one, or use a different way to attach it to your body.

The price on Amazon.co.uk is a steal when compared with brick and mortar stores, at least on BCN, where I live. I just waited for a few more items to put on my shopping cart so I could get free shipping.

I now have (again) a watch that can stand sweat, a few hits, the pool and the sea. I don't fear using it when exercising.

4.0 out of 5 stars At Last!!, 18 May 2011
I've been ordering and returning Casio G-Shocks like there's no tomorrow, due to the fact that I could not find a G-Shock that was light/comfortable enough.

With this Timex, I'm not saying that I necessarily use all the features on it, but I find it extremely light and comfortable, importantly not too bulky, and the display is very clear (although becomes unreadable if you tilt your wrist away from you slightly). The blue backlight is nice, but could have been a bit brighter (maybe white backlight would have been better). Overall very pleased, and it's become my daily watch of choice. I can thoroughly recommend this, and if you're not fussy about colour, go for the blue one, it's even cheaper!

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear Display, Easy to Use, 23 Mar. 2009
Graham Kenyon (Newport, Shropshire) - See all my reviews
This is my first watch bought specifically for running, and it has perfectly met my needs.
I've had it about a month, and the 'Flix' system is very useful and easy to switch on and off. The display is clear, and lap features easy to use.
The only thing you may wish to consider is the 30 lap limit- I'm about to run the Paris Marathon, and as the markers will be 42km, it can't accomodate them all- but this is a minor point.
Excellent purchase, good value, delivered 2 days earlier than estimate with super saver.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but somewhat expensive, 4 Jun. 2010
S. Shankland (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I've used Ironman watches for years, but I needed a replacement when my last one expired (in a swimming pool, annoyingly). This new model is similar to its predecessor but fixes the annoying problem that my wrist or the back of my hand would sometimes push the buttons, for example while cycling. It's also easier to read, though I keep thinking the annoying Ironman brand on the watch face is a squashed bug or something else stuck to it. (I wish the logo were on the same plane as the numbers so my eyes wouldn't have to shift focus from the distracting logo, but there are other things in life I worry about more.)

The user interface is reasonable for what the watch does. Another improvement over earlier Ironmans is the display of + and - next to the appropriate buttons for increasing or decreasing the display numbers.

The watch band is secure and comfortable. My only objection is that the proprietary band attachment mechanism no doubt means when the band breaks, I suspect have to pay half the cost of the entire watch for some replacement. My biggest gripe is the price. The watch is fine but not bursting with innovation, so don't be afraid to spring for last year's model instead if you can find it for less.

5.0 out of 5 stars TIMEX IRONMAN, 17 May 2009
D. Payne - See all my reviews
This is the third Timex Ironman I've purchased in about 10yrs. Both previous watches were replaced because the strap broke - I'm hoping for better with this one. In terms of the watch itself I find it comfortable to wear, generally robust (I use it for sport regularly) and easy to read. It is easy to set the time and other displays and has avoided trying to put too much functionality into any one button. The backlit function works well. In fact, it is difficult to fault this watch and I feel it offers excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 2 May 2013
Wanted a watch to use in the pool that I could count laps on,looked around does ages until I found this one,counts up to 99 laps and records the last 30. Great for training for a tri. If your on a budget this is for you

1.0 out of 5 stars Not of a very good quality, 15 April 2013
I bought this watch, it arrived in about 10 days... Started using it, works fine, has the features that I wanted. The only problem is after 5 days of using it, a part of the display just doesn't work. The second digit of the minutes on the display is only partly visible. Not the whole digit but the far right part of it - you know, the two small "sticks" of the digit are not visible. So I don't know if it's 10:06 or 10:08 - all I see is 10:0E the E part could be a 6 or an 8. Another example is, the time could be 09:01, but all I see is 09:0 - the entire 1 is invisible. It could be either 16:29 or 16:25. Not the end of the world, but you don't get something you paid for, which is a fully functional watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 6 Dec. 2011
Chris N (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I think this watch was a great purchase. I have had many sports watches but nothing like this one. This is well worth the money and I wud buy another any day

1.0 out of 5 stars Button Problem, 11 Mar. 2013
The watch arrived on sat morning I set the watch up Date/Time etc, i put the watch on my wrist and within 5 minutes the select button came off the watch. Sent it back straight away, i have now ordered a Casio, could not trust Timex again especially in water. It's a shame because it seems to be a nice looking watch and easy to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars REVIEW for the Timex Sport Ironman Fullsize Triathlon 30 Lap Watch - T5E901, 27 Jan. 2013
First of all it looks good and it is easy to adjust the time.
Secondly, I have used the chrono in many runs and it works very well. On a run, you can easy to see the lap and split times and the lap number, simultanency.
Also, DURING RUN you can recall the lap and split times, which is a very useful feature.
Third, I like the Indiglo which lights up only the numbers and not the whole face.
Fifth, it fits well in my hand.
Finally, the price for this watch is excellent.
For all of these, I recommend to anyone looking for a reliable watch with precision time.

Timex Sport Ironman Fullsize Triathlon 30 Lap Watch - T5E901