5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionary extreme horror -- unreservedly brutal and sadistic
Note: I'm surprised to see this director's cut of the film listed here, as I know the director's cut was banned by the BBFC on February 27, 2008.

Let me take a moment to personally thank director Nick Palumbo for going where few horror directors even dream of going - he doesn't just go there, he moves right in and throws a freakin' party. I can't imagine any...
Published on 23 Oct 2008 by Daniel Jolley

1.0 out of 5 stars Murder Set Pieces
I have seen both versions of this terrible film and all I can say is that it didnt shock me, it didnt disturb me and it most certainly is not well made. How on earth people are giving this decent reviews are clearly just trying to be clever. Murder set peices is drawn out, boring, predictable and really really badly made. Shot in the same dreadful digital style of his...
Published on 26 Sep 2009 by Stoker

1.0 out of 5 stars What is all the fuss about??, 9 July 2011
This review is from: Murder Set Pieces [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
I have to say that I am a massive fan of bloody and gory horror films. The bloodier the better for my tastes and so when someone recommended that I try "Murder Set Pieces" I thought I would give it a look. I read all the reviews and the controversy surrounding it and thought that I would be in for a great movie experience.
I think I must have been watching a completely different movie though to the one described on the box as "The Most graphic horror film ever commited to celluloid" and had a "Warning Shocking Horrific Controversial" label on it. I was bored. There was very little story and to my mind, very little actual violence that you saw on screen. The Saw movies are worse than the film I saw and I find them quite tame. I am hoping that the movie I watched was some sort of heavily edited version because if this is the movie that is supposed to be so controversial then I will stop watching horror films because this was very boring and not worth buying.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality sound, 19 Aug 2011
the sound repeatedly dropped out throughout the film which was very frustrating, sent back for a refund which was quickly given.

3.0 out of 5 stars scary but not violent and sick as described, 6 Feb 2011
ok first off I am gonna say murder set pieces is very weak for what is was described as being controlsive brutal sick and disturbing. I found this movie about as disturbing as watching tap water drip from the tap for two hours long. as for saying that I still think this movie is quite different in the way of it being quite claustrophobic dark unsettling and frightening which did ad horror and terror to the atmosphere which kept the movie entertaining to watch. don't worry too much about it not being violent and sick just concentrate on the movie itself and you will appreciate it more i would recommend it to fans of horror.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not uncut, 17 July 2010
Just to clear things up the "director's cut" is NOT the uncut version. It is a heavily censored version released by Lion's Gate. I believe the uncut version is only available from specialist websites or he director's own website.

Murder Set Pieces [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]