4.0 out of 5 stars Victoria Wood is Good
For any fans of stand-up and especially those who like or love Victoria Wood, this needs to in your collection. Her witty take on her life, and of those she sees in everyday life, is just a good as ever. A must for the DVD shelf
Published on 5 Dec 2009 by Mr. J. Fogg

2.0 out of 5 stars Greatly disappointed
OK......I know it's me ! I'm 4 years younger than Victoria Wood & am/was a tremendous fan. One of my favourite possessions is my copy of "An Audience With Victoria Wood" & one of my best nights out was going to see her do a live stand up about a year later. I loved "Acorn Antiques" & the TV programmes etc. Then I moved to live abroad....so I ordered this & the Albert...
Published on 29 Jan 2012 by imogen

4.0 out of 5 stars Victoria Wood is Good, 5 Dec 2009
Mr. J. Fogg "muzo_a_gogo" (Witney, Oxon) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and funny DVD, 16 Oct 2009
This review is from: Victoria Wood - Live [DVD] (DVD)
very funny victoria wood at her best watched with my husband who laughed at the jokes as well (even though they were about how stupid men are, go figure!) the dvd is great and you have to watch it to the end (the step arobics at the end is worth the price of the dvd all by its self).

5.0 out of 5 stars Victoria Wood Live, 21 July 2008
Jane Godfrey (Poole, Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Victoria Wood - Live [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd is probably the best stand- up dvd of the decade. It beautiful one-liners and long story- type jokes make up a cake of comedy genius. If you love Victoria Wood- or even if you just love comedy- then you should buy this dvd as there is a laugh for all the family. A must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Victoria Wood - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent service and price, haven't watched DVD yet but know it will be good as I love Victoria Wood and her standup is brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Victoria Wood - Live [DVD] (DVD)
This was bought to replace the video I had from when it first came out. Only one of 5 replaced

5.0 out of 5 stars A must in this bleak mid-winter !, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Victoria Wood - Live [DVD] (DVD)
I ordered this DVD for my daughter who discovered Victoria Wood on the net and I watched it before sending it on to her.I
laughed so much that I decided to keep it and just order another copy for my daughter along with several other Victoria Wood shows(all of which had us in fits !).This lady is brilliant and reflects a(perhaps)lost world where people could have fun and not be accused of various forms of political incorrectness.We loved it and are going to order some more for my parents!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wood live DVD, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Victoria Wood - Live [DVD] (DVD)
I love her TV and live shows so it was great to be able to get the DVD and watch whenever I want to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Victoria Wood is funny, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Victoria Wood - Live [DVD] (DVD)
A super dvd packed with one liners and amusing stories. Very fast flow to the standup so constantly providing entertaining. Something for all VW fans
The encore takes some beating

4.0 out of 5 stars Smashing, 24 July 2010
This review is from: Victoria Wood - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Victoria Wood is one of those comediennes who you may compare to marmite: You do love her or hate her. I however have landed on the fence (for want of a better phrase).

Victoria Wood as a writer is amazing and can do wonders with a script (a la Dinnerladies) and provides witty remarks to suit all sorts of characters which does come across well.

However when she does stand up I think 'this would be better in a program and not stand up' as EVERYTHING is based around real life situations. Although she is funny at some points and does make me laugh in others I am still left wanting.

I think if you are a person of a certain age i.e. someone who watched oppurtunity knocks and her show in the 80's and early 90's this will be right up your street (sorry about the generalisation). Those of you who like me also like comedians with a bit more colour in their bite such as Alan Carr, Dara O'Briain and Russell Howard then this might not set of fireworks for you.

Overall good but could do better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vicotria Wood Live, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Victoria Wood - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Great DVD and it was really funny to watch and I would Highly recommend this to anyone.

Gorden Percy (11/04/2014) Greenock, Scotland

Victoria Wood - Live [DVD]
Victoria Wood - Live [DVD] by Geoff Posner (DVD - 2006)