on 1 May 2016
I intended to buy a box set of The Sweeney or The Professionals. However this was a great price & another classic show from my childhood so I indulged & I'm so glad I did. This is a police show from back in the day. The good guys always win & you always want them to. No bad language, a little tongue in cheek innuendo with the ladies, great car chases & fight action & fantastic chemistry between the two lead characters. It's a great way to lose yourself for an hour & enjoy the sunshine of 1970's Bay City, safe in the knowledge that Messrs. Starsky & Hutch will fight to get their men in the end. If you loved this as a kid it's great to re-watch it again. 10/10
on 14 April 2013
Why are there cop shows like this any more on TV. I remember watching it in the mid to late 70's when it was first shown and I thought it was great then.

Time has not tempered my opinion and there some stand out episodes, such as Hutch becoming addicted to drugs in the 1st series. Ahead of its time in many ways, it succeeds from the amazing chemistry between the 2 main protagonists and the wonderful supporting cast characters of Huggy Bear and Captain Dobey.

I'm already through to the end of the 3rd series and have loved the nostalgic trip but also appreciated it as what it was, and still is, a damn good police drama.
on 4 January 2016
Brilliant. Brings back great memories. Bought for the wife and she hasn't stopped watching it. Probably because she had a thing for PMG. Fast delivery and secure packed.
on 23 February 2016
Great Series: Different style Packaging would be nice

I love the original series and this version should be great (though I haven't had time to watch it yet)
My one small gripe is the packaging of this DVD box set. Though good quality the cardboard cover with plastic disc holders are not very convenient to use. Much better to separate each series into its own slimline DVD case with the series details on each. I would be happy to pay a bit more for it.
on 14 May 2008
I couldnt wait to get my boxset of this it was my favourite American show loved the acting the car the characters my favourite was starsky .I was a bit worried about buying this without watching it since I was a kid but I wasnt disapointed it still holds up today .... fantastic...
on 5 February 2016
Great memories from a great cop show from the late 70s. David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser are exceptional as officers Hutch & Starsky. It's true season 4 does have a few silly story lines as the writers were obviously running out of ideas, but nevertheless great memories and great fun to relive them. Picture quality of the DVD's although not HD of course is certainly watchable.
on 11 January 2016
Bought as a gift by my partner for herself. She likes to put something on the tv from her era.
on 26 December 2014
I have the original prints of the Starsky & Hutch DVD series and the quality is miles above this one.

On my old DVD box sets:
Discs are stored and presented better.
No distorted images or skipping during playback.
All episodes are included, original with no cuts.

I thought this may be better quality as its a newer release but how wrong I was.
I'll continue to watch my old DVDs until a blu ray release happens.
on 18 July 2010
Firstly, Let me say that 'Starskey and Hutch' was one of my favourite shows when I was growing up and it still is as good as it ever was. I've Enjoyed every episode i've been able to watch so far. But heres the thing. The picture quality is good. However, the discs themselves are inferior.Im only into the second season and already i've had a few episodes skip. Now I dont mean skip a few seconds like a normal DVD does when it's got a bit of dirt or a scratch on it. They go pixelated exactly like a pirate copied dvd does. And when it happens, it goes right through the episode, making it completely unwatchable. I notice i'm not the only one on here to have this problem so my advice is stay clear of this particular release!
on 9 August 2014
What a find..takes me back..love the whole series..brilliant. .
Arrived next day.