5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmm, what is that!?!
"Mmmmm, what is that!?!", that is the usual response I get when someone smells it for the first time. It's a "Classic" much like Ultra Voilet. This one will stay on my shelf till the missus gets sick of it!
Published on 3 Jan. 2011 by Vijay

Published 3 months ago by Adam Spain

1.0 out of 5 stars I received Terre D'Hermes from this seller perfumeworlduk and when I opened the box I thought the bottle looked of poor quality., 20 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Hermes Terre D'Hermes Eau De Toilette Spray for Men 100ml (Personal Care)
I've had a bottle of terre d'hermes before which ran out recently. I decided to buy here due to price. I received Terre D'Hermes from this seller perfumeworlduk and when I opened the box I thought the bottle looked of poor quality. The glass bottle was uneven inside, the lid slider is very loose and the metal on top is moving. I tried the perfume, it smells like terre d'hermes so I thought ok maybe it's just the bottles have changed. I then noticed that the longevity of the scene was gone after 1 hour. Which is impossible if this is genuine terre d'hermes as my last bottle lasted 24 hours! I contacted hermes directly, sent pictures of the bottle from every angle including the serial number. They've confirmed this is indeed a counterfeit bottle sold to me. I'm waiting for a reply from perfumeworlduk so will update once I get a reply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmm, what is that!?!, 3 Jan. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Smell, 17 April 2012
I bought this after reviewing from others.

Anyone who said it smelled nice,lasted a long time and was worth every penny weren't lying!!

Go Try!!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC FRAGRANCE, 5 Aug. 2012
Always gets a reaction when I wear out or even in the office. You'll love it and always get a positive reaction, from ladies or gents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Some In, 4 July 2012
After reading other reviews on this product i was really looking forward to trying it and i wasnt dissapointed. Each time i wear it i always get the 'you smell nice' or 'whats that youre wearing comment. The fragrance lasts well and you can still smell it hours later. Definately recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rolls Royce of mens fragrances, 7 July 2014
P. Whelan (UK) - See all my reviews
I may have written a previous review on this, but I have in the last few months built a large collection of fragrances because they were going for half price, and still are. I have acquired some lovely fragrances from Boss, Ted Baker, Paul Smith, Armani, CK to name many more, and yes its true, many have commented on the gorgeous scent of this fragrance, which eclipses the best of all my others.

It has a lovely orangey, spicy woody masculine smell that I bought in the Perfumery in Lymington while on a Christmas break about three years ago, and I liked the spicy-orangey smell for Christmas as accurately described by the bird in the shop when I was more flush for spending when unsure what to go for.

If there is anything nicer than this I would love to know what it is, and I would invite comments from anyone disappointed with Terre D'Hermes.

The only other fragrance I would say equals this or comes close, is Dunhill Edition which they have stopped producing. I do keep this for special occasions, it is a bit too good for work or just going out to the pub for a pint or whatever. My brother was impressed with it on me and bought some for himself, and he is not easily impressed. I also have ultra violet man which is pleasant enough, but this is head and shoulders above that and everything else.

This is the Rolls Royce of fragrances without a shadow of doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommend for anyone, 5 Jan. 2010
a great fresh fragrance with spicy tones I would reccomend this product to anyone. It's great as a gift!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., 4 Jan. 2015
Not nearly as strong as previous purchases from chemists/boutiques - suspect it may have been watered down. Very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Always check the packaging for the serial number - no serial? send it straight back, 22 Jun. 2015
Absolutely incredible fragrance. No point in going into detail as it's completely subjective, your best bet it to test it yourself in a department store.

I only rated 1 star because I had to send my bottle back as it was old and nowhere near as strong as a fresh bottle. I bought my bottle from a third party seller, be very very careful as it may be real and may look identical but these guys get it cheap when it's close to or past it's shelf life.

The first thing to do is check the packaging for the serial number, mine was cut out from the bottom - a classic sign they don't want you to trace when and where this came from.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing weak Terre D'Hermes, 4 Jan. 2014
Terre d'Hermès used to be great. It used to last a really long time and was probably the best EDT on the planet.

Then something changed. My bottle ran out so I got a new one - and it didn't seem the same at all. It lasted maybe 5 minutes on the skin before the scent evaporated entirely.

So I asked in the Hermès shop - have you changed the formulation of Terre d'Hermès. The answer was no, we don't change thsese things.

Oh, ok. I persevered. Maybe my new bottle was the victim of a freak occurrence that made it as weak as Pound Shop aftershave. I got sample capsules from the Hermès store. I tried the sampler bottles in House of Fraser, Selfridges etc. Same thing happened every time - weak, watery Terre d'Hermès. Not the product I used to know at all. So either something's happened to my nose or the product has changed for the worse.

I asked again, this time in the Hermès store at Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris. I'll be honest - I'm not the smartest of dudes (sartorially or intellectually) but they didn't chuck me out the shop for being a scruff. The lady was very helpful when I asked if they changed the Terre d'Hermès formulation. "No, we never change it" she said, in very good English.

I looked online. Found some forum where the EDT geeks discuss these things in great detail. One EDT geek reckoned it may have been changed due to EU regulations regarding allergens.

So, over to you Hermès. Have you changed this product? Because it definitely ain't smelling like it used to and lasts such a short time that I would be reluctant to spend five quid on it, never mind fifty.

Disappointing, don't buy this stuff if you're looking for a strong lasting scent. They should rename it "ether" rather than "terre".