5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be misguided

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad product... bad repair service
Published 19 months ago by Memi

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad product... bad repair service, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: Suunto A-10 CM Recreational Compass (Sports)
I really do not recommend this product. I bought it for a research trip to Africa and in the middle of the forest the compass didn't point the north correctly. It seems like the arrow got stuck with the rolling piece, moving the direction of north everywhere. The worst part is that when I came back from my trip and try to send a repair request in suunto website it states that the product was not under warranty anymore (pay a minimum of 33EUR for any repair) and I have to pay for the shipment (8EUR) to Suunto Service Center. This product cost me 12EUR and after receiving a failed product from Suunto I have to pay more than it cost if I want to get it repair... I don't think so. I am not buying anything from Suunto ever again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be misguided, 23 Jun 2014
T. E. Sims "tim sims" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suunto A-10 CM Recreational Compass (Sports)
A good quality compass which works correctly and is a good price. Strange but you can easily get misled by compasses. There are lots of cheap ones on the market - big mistake...they either won't work at all or the needle will be getting stuck all the time. But then there are much more expensive ones. The top makes think they can add a plastic magnifying glass (next to useless) and charge 10 more quid. Or they add 1cm to the length of plastic - another 10 quid. Or another little useless scale - another 10 quid.
This one is made by one of the top makes but it does not have useless magnifying glass, it is 1cm shorter and only has more than sufficient scales. So it's only 10 quid.
Bargain

4.0 out of 5 stars The Suunto A-10, 2 Dec 2013
Mr.Noisy (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suunto A-10 CM Recreational Compass (Sports)
A good small compass to the times you need to refer to a map, small and light can be carried out of the way, has the usual markings and for 10 it is a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 29 July 2013
J. Irvine (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suunto A-10 CM Recreational Compass (Sports)
Bought this for my boyfriend who hikes a lot. He lost his previous compass so I thought this was a good replacement for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars field compass, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Suunto A-10 CM Recreational Compass (Sports)
this compass is a basic model but it does what I require the service from order to delivery was good
and I would reccomend this compass to anyone starting out in map reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compass, 2 Oct 2011
This review is from: Suunto A-10 CM Recreational Compass (Sports)
Purchased it because I can use it in any place in the northern hemisphere. Other compasses in this price range have multiple regions which make it hard for someone without knowledge of that to judge whether or not the compass will be reusable in other countries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Suunto A-10 CM Recreational Compass (Sports)
It does what it is superpose to do it is accurate and does the trick it is easy to carry and light weight

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal for a wolf cub, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Suunto A-10 CM Recreational Compass (Sports)
I purchased this as a Christmas preent for my grandson 10yrs, he is a cub. Absolutely delighted with it. seems well made

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Suunto A-10 CM Recreational Compass (Sports)
Buying a bulk lot for my Scout troop.
Points North for a start
(we're replacing cheaper models which suffer from this rather obvious defect!)

Very clear dial. Great for our purpose.

Suunto A-10 CM Recreational Compass