5.0 out of 5 stars Great training asset

Published on 15 Dec. 2010 by Vincent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great training asset, 4 May 2010
EtiveGirl (Inverness, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suunto Bike POD (Sports)
The casing feels light and a bit fragile but it is actually a tough durable product. The instructions to fit both the magnet and the pod to the bike are clear and easy to follow. Its also straightforward to pair the pod with your watch. I wasn't convinced the magnet would stay put on some of the rougher roads but it has, and both have survived a recent crash when cycling home from work! This is an accurate and helpful tool for any type of cycling participant. I took a while to choose this product and spent time comparing all the different products - I found this to be the best all rounder. Definately made the right decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for recording not so great as cycle computer., 31 Aug. 2009
J. P. Evans - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suunto Bike POD (Sports)
I bought this to go with my t3c HRM. It does what it says but as I have the polished black t3 c the watch does not fit on the bar mount. This makes it less useful and I have found that I managed to stop my timing mid way through a ride by accident. However if you have a suitable watch this does provide useful training information that imports straight into the training manager programme when you have the pc pod. Reliability and performance is better than the cordless catseye I used to have. Basically if you ride and have a suitable watch it's a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great product from Suunto, 13 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Suunto Bike POD (Sports)
I've got two of these for two bikes. They are quite light weight plastic but given once they are in place (easily with two tie wraps) and you never have to touch it again until the batteries need changing. I've had mine for a while and haven't had to change them yet. Simply sit on your bike and press the button on your watch - job done, speed is displayed. The watch holder for your bars only works if you tie wrap that onto your stem as my T3c has a bangle strap and hasn't got a break in it so I simply attached it side on to my stem and hey presto!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 15 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Suunto Bike POD (Sports)
I've been a user of Suunto for years and have always found the products they sell to be of a very high quality. I use a T6c and it's brilliant.However I thought that the bike pod was made of cheap plastic, the battery cap was very cheap. I found it very easy to pair but couldn't get it to work on the bike. It fastened on with a couple of zip cables and to be honest I was not impressed by this. In the end I returned the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great watches, Poor supporting products, 9 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Suunto Bike POD (Sports)
This started to work and then almost immediately packed up. I changed the batteries but sadly it never got going again.

Suunto Bike POD