4.0 out of 5 stars Good little implement!
Published on 1 Sept. 2011 by Chesterbiggles

3.0 out of 5 stars Nutmeg Grinder
Published on 20 Jan. 2010 by P. L. Lamoon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Nutmeg Grinder, 20 Jan. 2010
P. L. Lamoon (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cole & Mason 10 cm Acrylic and Chrome Nutmeg Mill (Kitchen & Home)
After carrying out modifications to this product it works Ok. I may have had a bad one. On first use the little spiked wheel that grips the nutmeg fell off. I had to find a screw-nut with the same thread to lock this little wheel in place. Also, the small handle was supplied in a separate plastic bag, I think it was meant to be a push-fit but it would not stay in place without treatment with a hammer to spread the rivet. lastly, the little round topped nut on the handle was missing. To be fair, when I complained to the manufacturer they asked me to return it with a prepaid label but having got it working well I declined the offer. Now it is up and running I find it a very neat and useful tool, hopefully the company will take note of the feedback I supplied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little implement!, 1 Sept. 2011
This is the third one of these I have had over the past 10 years. So much better than grating your fingers on the conventional nutmeg grater. The only thing is that eventually (and don't drop it!) the plastic bits that "screw" the lid down break as they are under quite a bit of pressure holding down the nutmeg. It would be fantastic if they made this in stainless steel - would obviously cost considerably more but would last a lifetime (probably not very economical from the manufacturer's point of view though!).

2.0 out of 5 stars C and M Nutmeg Grinder, 16 Jan. 2013
Bought as a replacement but unfortunately the spring appears to be too weak to hold the nutmeg tight enough to the blade OR the blade is just not sharp enough to shave the whole nutmeg.
I am very dissappointed and hav reverted to my previous grinder.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very delicate, 23 Mar. 2012
This product works OK but I am returning it because the first time I used it, a small bit of the plastic piece at the top of the lid that holds the metal spindle broke away. It still works but I feel I don't feel confident that it will be strong enough to last for very long. It's a shame - I will continue looking for a nutmeg grinder that does the job!

3.0 out of 5 stars The search continues., 22 Oct. 2013
My first impression was that it didn't work, I turned the handle, nutmeg did not engage with grater and nothing happened. In fact it does work but only if you press down very hard while turning the handle with one hand and at the same time pressing down the top of the nutmeg mill very firmly with the other hand. Nutmeg does then engage with grater and a very fine powder appears underneath the mill, on the worktop. Success but not where I want it! I want to grate it directly over pasta etc, not have to scoop it off the worktop. My previous nutmeg grater worked beautifully, this one is disappointing.
It will have to do while I continue my search for perfection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly efficient!, 13 Feb. 2013
Fed up with grinding my fingertips off, so opted for this compact acrylic grinder rather than an open grater-style one. On my first testing of it, holding it my in left hand and operating it with my right, I spun the handle round, and was dismayed to feel no resistance at all - I expected to have to exert a tiny bit of effort at least, after all nutmegs are quite hard little things.
But I was delighted, when I put it down, to find my left palm full of grated nutmeg. Excellent! I'd recommend this to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 20 Oct. 2009
A Kid's Review
Never bought a nutmeg grinder before, so not sure whether to go for a cheap or
expensive make. I was very impressed with my purchase, and would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice kitchen accessory, 14 May 2013
I bought this mainly for my boyfriend as he uses nutmeg a lot, I was inspired by my nana, she seems to have all the best gadgets and tools for the kitchen. It's a great little grinder with a strong grater blade. It looks nice and you don't get the mess from grating nutmeg manually. If you use nutmeg then I definitely recommend this little grinder. I love it. Sad I know!

2.0 out of 5 stars Grates much too fine with weak spring!!, 14 Dec. 2012
P. Robinson "Tremendous Paul" (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
We are very dissapointed with this Nutmeg grinder. It grates so fine as there seems to be no oompf in the spring!!

4.0 out of 5 stars nutmeg mill, 27 Oct. 2013
took me a while to get to grips with it as no instructions so filled to top so none of them turned, then realised only one nutmeg at a time, technique is to change direction a few times when milling. at the end of first nutmeg and seems to still be working

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›