1.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, 21 Sep 2011
This review is from: Cirque Du Soleil: Lovesick [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I love cirquqe du soleil, and I thought that it was their next production, but it wasn't at all. I am not particularly interested in their love/sex life. Didn't like it at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the children watch this one.........., 17 Sep 2007
This review is from: Cirque Du Soleil: Lovesick [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
If I could give this one a zero score -- I would! Apart from Quidam which I have on tape, I have every Cirque du Soleil release on DVD that is sold by Amazon.uk and up to now have been awed by every performance. Please be warned that this so-called documentary is NOT for children. For 97 minutes I watched with growing annoyance as the camera jerked around from room to room without following any apparent storyline. The language used by these performers is in my opinion definately not for the kids and neither is the frequent sight of male butts clad only in the tiniest of thongs!! In vain I watched for some shots of the Caberet performance Cirque du Soleil put on in Las Vegas. Alas, all there is, are a few clips of the show that can't total more than about 30 seconds. But I guess if you like this sort of thing, then this is the DVD for you. But if you enjoy watching a normal Cirque du Soleil circus performance, then you might like to give this one a miss.....

Even though Amazon's synopsis of this DVD states that this is a documentary, it doesn't say it is ONLY a documentary, and the impact of this passed over me when I bought it because every title I've had up to now has always included a performance. A documentary I would recommend is "The Fire Within" which is about the making of Varekai. This is a 13 part documentary on three disks (PLUS the performance of Varekai on a fourth) which has a clear storyline about the training of the artists and the problems they were having. Some of them had never performed in a circus before and it was most interesting to see how they adapted to the challenges they faced.

Cirque Du Soleil: Lovesick [DVD] [2006]
Cirque Du Soleil: Lovesick [DVD] [2006] by Lewis Cohen (DVD - 2006)