5.0 out of 5 stars One great film and then another.
Simply a great collection of War Films. All black and white and represent great time pieces. All the film legends are involved somewhere....John Mills, Richard Todd, Kenneth Moore etc. It is your duty as watching officers not to escape this collection!

I grew up watching these films on Sunday afternoons with my Dad. Great viewing then and great now.
Published on 1 July 2009 by Andrew William Hartshorn

3.0 out of 5 stars Great movies, poor sound
The movies are a great selection but the sound quality is poor. I tried a number of the discs on both a dvd and blu ray player and the quality was the same - great deal of background noise. I also checked this with someone at work who has the same collection and he agreed with this review.
Published 13 months ago by Mr Peter Corbett

5.0 out of 5 stars One great film and then another., 1 July 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars How cheap do you want a good film to be?, 28 Mar 2013
Mr M.R.Watkinson (Norfolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Complete War Collection (12 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
I should say at the outset that I don't own this set; I own volumes 1 to 3 of The War Collection, which covers 3/4 of the set, and In Which We Serve & "River Plate" on another collection (I cannot comment on The Way Ahead). Notwithstanding the fact that I'm missing one of the 12, I can say that at 1.50 a film, how can this not be good value? The Cruel Sea is probably the greatest naval war film ever made; In Which We serve pales only by comparison; "Alex" is another very definite 5 star film. I can't quite decide whether Cross of Iron ought to be 4 or 5 stars individually; of the rest, three are certainly 4 star offerings, and none are anything worse than decent enough 3 star films. If I didn't already own almost all of them, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great war collection..., 21 May 2013
This review is from: The Complete War Collection (12 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great collection of 12 war films. 9 of the films here have been released as War Collection Volume 1, War Collection Volume 2, War Collection Volume 3. The 3 films not previously released together are "In Which We Serve", "The Battle Of The River Plate" and "The Way Ahead". These 3 films are only in this set together.
I wish I had seen this set first. I had already purchased the other sets and felt let down I could not buy the 3 film I was missing (as a set). I would not waste money buying films again I have already got. I would recommend you buy this set if you would like a piece of history or just like war film in general. For those who can't afford this set, then I recommend the other sets and hope a War Collection Volume 4 is released with those 3 film together. Maybe War Collection Volume 4 will be released in the near future.

The War Collection: Volume 1 [DVD]
The War Collection: Volume 2 [DVD]
The War Collection Volume 3 (Cross of Iron / The Wooden Horse / They Who Dare ) [DVD

I recommend to go with this set:
Classic War Collection [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars Great movies, poor sound, 21 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Complete War Collection (12 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
I haven't watched all the films yet but the collection represents fantastic value for money. Most are acknowledged classics and at around 1 per film - well, what more could you ask for if you're into this genre of film!

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied with product, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Complete War Collection (12 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
Have only watched a couple so far and have been satisfied.
I ordered the collection as an alternative to most of the T/V rubbish which is offered early evening,

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 1 May 2013
This review is from: The Complete War Collection (12 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
Great to see the classics again. You cant beat a good old fashioned war film .And very good value .

5.0 out of 5 stars BATTLE HONOURS, 7 May 2011
This review is from: The Complete War Collection (12 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
This has to be the best BRITISH war film boxset on the market,(not too sure about "Cross of Iron" which is the only one I haven't watched so far, could it be because it is the only American tale in the pack?) Still, eleven out of ten is still a good collection.
Whatever happened to all the other BRITISH war films that never get put into boxsets such as "Danger Within" "A Hill In Korea" plus many more?.

4.0 out of 5 stars DVDThe Complete War Collection Set, 26 April 2009
Gervais (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete War Collection (12 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent value and as I already own some of the items that make up this package it still made it a very good set being well worth the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Coplete War Collection., 29 Jan 2012
A 12 pack of Second World War films covering some actual
events and some fictional.The pack is good value for the
cost,quickly despatched with reasonable cost.

The Complete War Collection (12 Discs) [DVD]