5.0 out of 5 stars Very good item
At first I didn't receive the item. So amazon sent me another one.
I install it in my less than a year old table PC and it just flew. My 'new' table PC was playing up. I bought it in December 2007 with 160GB HD, 512MB RAM, Vista, etc. It is an ACER Aspire T180-R97z (I don't recommend it). The PC started to slow down almost immediately.

I contacted the...
Published on 18 July 2008 by Lusitanian

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything worked - but expensive!
The 2GB RAM worked on my old XPC desktop without any issue so no problems there - One thing i would complain though, is why are DDR2 RAMs are so expensive!? I had to pay nearly £20 for this RAM and this was one of the cheapest I could find... If you compare to a DDR3 RAMs, you can get a 4GB DDR3 for £14.... something is definitely wrong here...
Published on 11 Dec. 2012 by PokemonBanzai

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good item, 18 July 2008
Lusitanian (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingston Technology 2GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM (Personal Computers)
At first I didn't receive the item. So amazon sent me another one.

I contacted the company and they said I would need to upgrade the memory to minimum 2GB RAM. I did so and my PC is now wonderfully fast and reliable. I recommend this memory to anyone who has similar computer problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars couldnt be better, 20 Mar. 2009
Cant say anything bad about this, it arrived, i took the old unit out, put this one in, it worked and is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 22 Aug. 2009
What can one say? Quite literally UNBELIEVABLY cheap. Works flawlessly. If you've only got 1 or 2 gig, do yourself a favour a get this now, you'll be glad you did

5.0 out of 5 stars A Resounding Success, 15 May 2011
My 3 year old Acer PC was running Vista in 32 bit mode with only 2Gb of RAM on board.

In all honesty it was doing a great job in it current state: Vista was pretty stable & fast; most of my graphic-intensive games and number-crunching applications such as Unreal Tournament 2004 & Excel 2007 respectively, coped well with a relatively basic PC.

However, I very much wanted to upgrade my operating system to the all-singing-all-dancing Windows 7 Premium Edition; as well as upgrading my RAM given that physical memory is so relatively cheap these days. I guess I could have just bought a completely new PC with 7 and more memory already installed. That would have been the simpler route, but given the exceptionally good reviews of how easy it is to upgrade an existing PC from Vista to 7, I thought I'd give it a go. (see my review for this, below)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Upgrade Edition for XP or Vista users (PC DVD), 1 User

One common problem with some 32 bit machines is that they're not fully capable of managing more than 4Gb of RAM. This is true for XP, Vista and even Windows 7. One of the criticisms of Vista was how "greedy" it was when it came to utilizing system resources: it would literally grab as much as it could in terms of RAM & CPU processing, leaving just scraps for applications & games. And if you're using a 32 bit version of Vista with 4GB of RAM, there is a constant battle going on between the OS, the BIOS and the applications themselves in terms of allocating what spare bit of RAM & CPU they can grab hold of. Which can make for a very unstable system.

With this in mind, I decided to upgrade my 32 bit Vista to 64 bit 7. I made sure my CPU chip was capable of 64 bit processing first. I then bought a 1Tb external hard-drive in order to backup everything on my C drive prior to the upgrade (or clean-install of 7 over Vista, to give it a more precise description). And finally I began my search for compatible memory chips.

Finding the right RAM chips for your machine, is never an easy one. There are so many subtle factors to look out for, which will only confuse the unwary. However, there are vendors out there that go out of their way to help you. One of the best is "Crucial". Their website is very informative, intuitive, and will even scan your machine to help you find the best available memory chips. You're not obligated to buy their own choice of chips, but if you're still unsure then it might be best to do so.

However, in my case I made a note of the exact type of chips I needed; did some additional research on other websites to make sure the chips I had in mind would maximize the potential for my pending upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit. Eventually I narrowed it down to 2 choices. And basing my previous experience with Kingston Technology, I opted to go for these particular chips.

I bought 4 pairs of 2GB chips, as the motherboard of my PC had the capacity for 4 slots of up to 8Gb. The chips arrived in good time and well sealed, along with detailed instructions on how to uninstall existing RAM, and installing the new. The instructions also recommend buying an earth strap before you begin the swap. You tie the strap around your wrist before dismantling your machine: this is to prevent any built-up static electricity running through your body, which could do serious damage to the delicate electronics built into your RAM chip or the motherboard itself. But if you know what you're doing you don't need a wrist strap: instead just ground yourself by switching off your PC, unplugging it from the mains completely, touch something metallic & unpainted like a radiator or even the metal frame of the machine itself. And then you can start removing your memory. (Note: always read the instructions about dismantling your machine; always read the instructions about swapping memory; always read professional instructions about grounding & the use of earth straps. If in doubt, always ask an expert to do the task for you. And one final word of caution: ALWAYS CHECK THE WARRANTY of your machine before opening it, especially if new. Sometimes a warranty can be made invalid as soon as you remove the cover from your machine)

Removing my existing memory chips was straightforward enough, although it can be tricky with some machines as access to the correct slots on the motherboard can be hindered by other devices, cables & cards. So always be careful when trying to reach your memory slots without bending or breaking anything that lies in between. Always hold the memory by its edges, even if you're wearing a strap. With a firm hold, just push the new chips into the appropriate slots until you hear the "click" of the clips slide together holding the chip firmly in place.

It took me about 5 minutes to remove the old and insert the new. I then booted up my PC (still using Vista), just to verify the BIOS & the OS had picked up the additional RAM. And both had!

Satisfied, I put the PC back together again, plugged all my peripherals back in, and began the task of clean-installing Windows 7. Less than an hour later, the install had been done and I quickly checked the System Page (Windows key + Break Key), and got the confirmation that my OS was running 7 in 64 bit mode; and all 8GB of RAM had been accepted and allocated (unlike Vista which although acknowledged the 8Gb, had no way of how to manage it)

A few hours of reinstating my backed-up applications & programs, and my PC was done. And my word it is fast! The extra memory certainly made a difference. Loading games & applications now take a fraction of the time compared to the original set-up using Vista. Number crunching spreadsheets, and graphic intensive applications & games are smooth, stable, responsive and above all fast.

It's quite amazing the difference additional memory can make to an "old" machine. And these particular chips are exceptional, and well worth the effort.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Improvement, 23 Sept. 2011
Wow...Prompt delivery!!! Just got my Kingston 2g RAM upgrade to replace the 512mb that came with the system....works a dream!!! Easy to install....Everything runs nice n slick and I might have some more free time to do some fun stuff instead of waiting ages for pages/applications/updates etc to load on my PC....very happy ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, my computer is so fast, 17 Nov. 2010
I have the dell insprion 530. is not a bad pc, it only had 2 512MB ram dims. Till I got this. remember its a 2GB dim, its not 2x 1GB dim. after I put this in, I let my pc stable it self out so it can get used to it. now I have 3GB of ram, my computer just fly its so fast.

I highly recommend this to anyone who's looking for cheap ram, the delivery was flawless (next day delivery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Memory upgrade for HP MediaSmart EX475, 8 Dec. 2009
Mr. Tim Wallis (London) - See all my reviews
This memory was purchased to upgrade the memory on my HP MediaSmart EX475. This was a recommendation from various sites relating to Microsoft Home Media server and the HP MediaSmart platform. With the recent release of the latest Service Pack for WHS, I was concerned my device won't cope. The mememory arrived as ordered and was installed in the media server. All has been fine. The performance benefits were instantly noticable although I'm now looking at doing a processor upgrade, but struggling to find the right upgrade unit anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 20 Oct. 2011
S.J (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
This ram is great value and really had a big affect on your computer, it arrived quickly and was slotted in without any hassle. I would recommend this to anyone who has a slow and sluggish computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Technology 2GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM (Purchased on 09/07/2011), 9 Oct. 2011
Computer was running slowly, but after inserting Kingston Technology 2GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM - Now much faster - Excellent service and fast responce.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Product, 5 Feb. 2012
I ordered 2 of these memory sticks for my computer. A older Dell XPS420 which was supplied with a mere 2gigs of ram in 2 x 1gig modules and having previously installed a geforce 8600gtx was a bit disapointed when my Battlefield 3 arrived and played like a dog. so one sunday morning installed another new graphics card (Asus GeForce 550Ti OC also ordered from Amazon) new power supply (Storm 750W) and the 2 new memory modules (I am fortunate to have 4 memory slots so put the new memory into the paired slots 1 and 2 and although only got a 32 bit operating system left the 2 x 1gig in the paired slots 3 and 4) put everything back together and switched on .....fingers crossed....... and everything worked fine and has done for a few weeks now. the momory although not the fastest has worked fine for me and seems to be very stable. wouldn't hesitate using this memory in the future. I have also used Kingston memory in the past and ordered this over other makes because of my previous experience with Kingston.