Price:£1.83+ Free shipping

on 17 March 2011
This product is very cheap and did the job very well - eventually. Unfortunately the retailer uses a very cheap and very flimsy plastic packet for postage and this did the product no favours at all. Upon unpacking it I noticed that virtually all of the SCART pins were out of line and 3 of them had become badly bent, probably in transit, and there was no way I could plug this product in to a SCART socket without very carefully straightening them. OK - it just took me a couple of minutes to sort out, but for a few pence more they could have popped it in to a small cardboard box. At least then it would have been protected and would have been ready to use upon arrival.
BUT it worked well, and that's the point I suppose.
on 29 April 2012
This lasted about 2 weeks.
I used it maybe five or six times during which time it worked perfectly.
The last time I used it, I was unplugging it and the plastic case came away leaving the metal piece still plugged in. Some of the wires came loose and it's totally useless now.

It was goood while it lasted.
It was cheap.
If you just leave it plugged in then it will be fine.
If you do have to unplug it then be very very very careful and it may not fall apart.
on 10 July 2012
This seems like it should be good value but it isn't. It simply didn't work! It was a defective, lifeless product. Not something I got upset about since it cost hardly anything - but what a waste of materials!

As others have said, the product arrives in a simple grey mailing pack with no padding or protection - however, mine did appear to arrive undamaged, at least cosmetically. Perhaps it did get damaged in the post, or perhaps it was just duff to begin with. Either way, utterly useless.
on 23 January 2012
Gold Metal Switchable Scart to 3 Phono & S-Video Adaptor by Boylan ElectronicsVery Disapointed with this product in fact it came apart after very little use.
on 12 April 2012
The SCART adapter I received was of poor build quality. On first use the metal connector broke and separated from plastic shell. Wires from inside also disconnected. Attempted to repair with sticky tape / super glue unsuccessfully. Would not recommend
on 4 June 2011
the first adaptor i ordered showed the connection pointing upways

however when i plugged it into my VCR they were downwards

my VCR sits on a desk and connecting is a problem

this adaptor when plugged in the switch is downwards but is no hardship

when i ordered this adaptor the first one got lost in the post

the very friendly company sent out a replacement with no problems

on 15 January 2012
The phono in works fine so far, which is what we wanted it for, but the plastic casing is so flimsy it cracked on fitting. Wouldn't be able to remove the adapter without whole thing disintegrating, so don't hold out high hopes for its longevity. Definitely a case of 'you get what you pay for'.
on 9 January 2012
So, the scenario; I had just bought a new LCD television and then impulse bought a Freesat HD box via Amazon. I wanted to be able, during the day, to listen to digital radio via Freesat without risking burning out the new LCD screen on the television. Problem; no audio output on the Freesat box apart from optical/digital, which my old surround system won't accept. Stumped, I do a search on Amazon and stumble across this wonderful device. What the heck, for the money, if it doesn't work it hasn't exactly broken the bank and because it's at the rear of the box I'm not worried about how it looks or feels....

So, within four days of ordering (including the weekend) it arrives in the Jiffy bag envelope. I open it up and the scart socket is robust and sturdy, the switch for input/output has a great positive feeling about it and not a bent pin in sight!

I connect it up to the Freesat box (VCR output) scart socket and then a pair of RCA phono leads to my hifi system and hey presto. I'm listening to very good quality digital radio without the need to have the television burning too!

My review; fast delivery, cheap but well constructed, does exactly what it was bought for and exactly what it said it would do and I'm delighted! Has to be a 10/10 from me and a huge thank you to the supplier!
on 19 June 2013
Ordered this in the hope that the switchable input/output function would allow me to connect the Scart socket on an ancient VHS recorder to an input phono line to my Sony HDD/DVD recorder allowing me to convert VHS to Hard drive and therefore ultimately DVD without any other converters.

Worked perfectly. Build quality far better than expected given some of the reviews here.

Did the job for me.
on 1 December 2011
I have an ipod with the relevant av cables to connect it to TV's. However I have found that not all TV's av points seem to work properly with the cables including my SONY widescreen. Anyway I ordered this little tiny scart adapter and it works perfectly. It will also come in handy for our mini dvd player as that wouldn't work on its av cables on holiday this year either.
All in all a great price for a neat little adapter.