4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but too Expensive

Published on 20 Sep 2010 by John

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Expensive, 20 Sep 2010
John - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Irish Times (Kindle Edition)
I am a great fan of the Irish Times and have enjoyed the trial subscriptions. Any annoyances concerning navigation seem to be common to other newspaper subscriptions with Kindle, e.g. no photographs, the home page being set to the top story and a rather strange navigation system that assumes readers will work their way through the paper in order. You also won't get some of the "atmospheric" things some emigrants enjoy... such as the deaths, births and marriages!

In the final analysis, though the (sterling price) of 14.99 per month (that's almost 180 per year!) for something I can read for free on the web is just too much. I like reading the Irish Times, but for the cut down Kindle edition what were they thinking when they set the price?

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but too Expensive, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Irish Times (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed having The Irish Times on my Kindle. It is my newspaper of choice and this certainly is an easy way to read it once you get used to navigating the format. I don't read it cover to cover but browse through and read which articles interest me the most, which I can already do on my computer, but I have to admit that this way is far more convenient. However, it is not convenient enough to justify the high price, especially considering it is only available 6 days a week.... As the previous reviewer said, it is far too expensive for what it is.

3.0 out of 5 stars one day late, 13 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Irish Times (Kindle Edition)
its great to get the newspaper but what a disappointment at 7am on a Friday to get the Thursday edition. I am sure that in dublin the friday edition is already on sale. By 8am I had the current edition. A great service but be alittle more awake than me and just check the date before downloading a single edition.

1.0 out of 5 stars What's Happened?, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Irish Times (Kindle Edition)
From the beginning of March, The Irish Times is not available to download until well after 7am GMT, it used to be available at 4.30am GMT when some of us in far off reaches get the chance to read the paper.
Also, Since the same period, the articles are either incomplete or have no headers. Has someone new taken over? I will be stopping my subscription if not rectified soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but could be cheaper, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Irish Times (Kindle Edition)
Great product, but price is same as paper version- should be cheaper. Surely cost of printing and commission to retailer is more than costs of distribution via kindle?!

1.0 out of 5 stars The Irish Times, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Irish Times (Kindle Edition)
Waste of money and have not read it. Could not be bothered with it at all. Never again could not think why I got it in the first place.

4.0 out of 5 stars Price, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Irish Times (Kindle Edition)
I get the Paper directly from the Irish Times to my ipad and it's cheaper. An annual sub of $213. The kindle price is $276 (22.99 x 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ireland, 10 Dec 2012
Mr. Jp Corbett "jp corbett" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Irish Times (Kindle Edition)
It gives me a contact with Ireland my home,
It covers a lot of different subjects
I love the sports section

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, just too expensive, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Irish Times (Kindle Edition)
If you want to keep really up to date on ireland and read the time everyday this is great. I have no issue with the navigation or anything else. It is a fantastic read and works well on kindle. However I do not really feel the need to read Irish newspaper everyday and would much prefer if one of the Irish sundays was on kindle which would allow me to stay in touch for a fraction of this price.

In short, it's great to read but for me, too expensive

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Irish Times (Kindle Edition)
I cant think of a better way to start the day than sit down and read this newspaer. And what makes it even better I dont have to wait in a line and buy it! This paper is truly phenomenal and I would reccomend it to everyone who enjoys sitting down and reading a newspaer as much as I do!

The Irish Times