5.0 out of 5 stars Great mobile
Published on 24 July 2008 by K. Goode

3.0 out of 5 stars When it works it's great
We were very happy with our purchase but after a couple of weeks the mobile stopped turning sometimes which was very frustrating. From reading other reviews, a lot of other people seem to have had the same problem. The songs are good and of good quality and my baby really likes looking at the light so I often put the music on with the songs without the mobile when he's...
Published 15 months ago by Flora Delpech

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mobile, 24 July 2008
K. Goode (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Peek-A-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile (Baby Product)
We originally bought the Mothercare jungle mobile but that got taken straight back to the shop once we realised how loud it was. This Fisher Price mobile is great. It looks smart; the toys are of a good quality; there are two settings for the sound and even the loudest is not too loud. We bought two for our twins which works great because we can have one on the rainforest setting (sounds of the rainforest) and the other on music setting - Mozart, Bach or Beethoven. At bed we tend to switch both to rainforest setting as it is very calming. We liked the fact you can play the sounds / music with or without the mobile turning. Also love the nightlight feature. Our twins are 9 weeks now and are starting to take notice of the overhead mobile. They are definitely calmed by the rainforest sounds. Once started it runs for 18 minues. Also comes with remote control, although we haven't used this yet. Overall, excellent value for money, considering the Mothercare mobile cost the same!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this..., 24 Feb. 2014
Not sure as to why people have slated this product as mine is perfect and my daughter absolutes adores it. Batteries are now 2 months old and going strong. We love the 5 minute cut out so she doesn't get over stimulated and can click it back on with the remote if necessary. One setting that would be good is if the music could play without the light being on when the mobile is in the static setting... no biggy but would like the option.

Get this if you have a 3+ month yr old... nappy changing has never been easier... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful - a life saver!, 20 Aug. 2009
S Groom (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this after recommendations from friends and have no regrets. It's a wonderful toy that keeps my son occupied for ages and helps him go to sleep. It has tunes by three composers - Bach, Mozart and Beethoven - as well as rainforest sounds used on the other items in this range. It has two volume levels (I usually only use the quieter level) and a night light. You can choose whether to have the mobile and the sounds on, the nightlight and the sounds on, or the mobile, nightlight and sounds. Sometimes the mobile is too stimulating and my son can't stop watching it so I have the nightlight and music on only. There is a little bug in the middle with a monkey, a frog and a parrot that go round in between the leaves going up and down.

Good points:
- Like other products in this range, it's very well made with sturdy parts and good attention to detail. It seemed so heavy once I'd put the batteries in (3x'D' batteries) I wasn't sure it would stay up but it does very well so no need to worry.
- You get extra mileage out of it as you can take the mobile part off when your little one can reach to grab it and still use the sounds and night light setting.
- The night light is just bright enough with a lovely rainforest picture and my son likes to look at it as he's going to sleep.
- It plays sounds for 18 minutes - long enough to have a shower, prepare a bottle, make a phone call, etc!
- The remote control works mostly very well. Only works if the mobile is switched to on but has quite a good range. Avoids the need to go up to the cot and have the baby see you turn the mobile on or off.
- If you have a cot top changer, you can place it near the mobile and it's close enough to keep your baby occupied while you change them.

Bad points:
- It seems to be eating batteries, but I have had it on soooo much. He often cries out to let me know that it's stopped.
- I have wide cot bars (not round ones) with a wide top bar and have had to wind the mobile into the wood a bit to fix it into place. On my other cot that had round bars, it fixed much easier.
- The mechanism seems quite loud as the mobile goes round but it doesn't seem to bother my son at all. He is nearer the speaker for the sounds than the mobile so it is perhaps not much of an issue.

It's a wonderful mobile and has made my mornings (and his bedtimes) more pleasant. It's one of my best purchases and I would quite happily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Item! Well Worth The Money., 28 April 2010
My baby has got sooo much use out of this mobile. Although it doesn't send him to sleep because it gets him too excited, it does entertain him for up to an hour, so I can jump in the shower and know he is safe in his cot. He has a few items in the rainforest range and he has liked everything so far. This mobile is easy to put on and off a crib or cot. It plays nice music or you can have the sound of the rainforrest which is quite pleasent. Highly recommeded!

5.0 out of 5 stars a very fun and interactive mobile, 28 Oct. 2014
a very fun and interactive mobile, my baby is only 7 weeks but loves looking at it, having said that its quite stimulating so baby will not go to sleep, the music is good and soothing and doesnt get annoying, the nature sounds could have been a bit better, I waited for the price to come down as its way too expensive in full price

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect baby mobile, 24 July 2014
6 months after my baby was born and she still loves this mobile. It's colourful, good quality and I haven't had to change the batteries for the 6 months Iv had it which is pretty incredible considering how much it is used. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy!, 2 April 2014
5forars ago, It was just myself and my husband, enjoying life as a couple and living in a clutter free, well decorated house.
Then I fell pregnant with my first daughter and my idea was a neutral nursery with a wind up mobile..it was to be soothing and will fit in with my decor.
That was until I got the wake up call that my life had changed...it wasnt so fun winding a mobile up that my baby wasn't interested in....SO I bought the rainforest mobile AND wow how things changed! The beautiful soothing classical music and nature sounds that even sends me to sleep. The colours are bright but not too garish.
In fact my daughter loved it so much that she still used the music box till recently at 3 and a half years old. She loved picking a different coloured button every night. So it provided some education as well!

When I fell pregnant with daughter number 2, my work colleagues bought me a vtech sing and soothe mobile and it was awful.
One day my 3 year old said.." U can take my music away now. I'm a big girl", so I gave it straight to my new baby girl, removing the vtech one.
My baby loves this. It immediately soothes her and she just smiles when she watches it go round. Something she didn't do with the vtech one.

OK so the leaves did start sticking a few weeks after I bought this and its just a basic mobile but it has been used every night for 3 and half years...it is enjoyable and soothing and I hope it lasts another 3 years...so worthy of 5 stars.

My house is now over run by toys and my girls have a pink room...but I wouldn't change that for anything!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mobile -worth the money, 11 Nov. 2014
This was recommended to me but I wasn't sure whether a musical and moving mobile would be that much better than a normal mobile but it really is. This has a number of tunes and moving parts that keeps baby mesmerised for up to 20 mins- perfect for taking a shower, or a precious extra few minutes in bed!
Box says up to 5 months so I was a little disappointed to read this as I bought this when baby was 3 months however I am now at 5.5 months and can't see a reason to remove until baby can sit up and reach it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mechanism a bit noisy, 11 Jan. 2010
Both me and my baby love this mobile to look at and listen to but it is a shame that the motor mechanism makes such a noise when the mobile goes around. Oliver doesn't seem to mind but as it is such a lovely mobile this really lets it down. However, I would still recommend it as it is great, colourful and the remote is handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to any baby's nursery, 12 Nov. 2013
lewpylew (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
My sister kindly brought this recently for my 2 month old son, after I was so impressed with the Fisher Price Rainforest play mat.

The mobile itself is quite heavy which is good as it feels sturdy, and not flimsy like some other cot mobiles on the market. Before you can use the mobile it will need assembling and took me around 10 minutes. The instructions and clear & precise and come in many different languages. You will need a Philips head screwdriver, 3 x D batteries and 2 x AA ones for the remote control.

You need to assemble the arm of the mobile and then insert the leaves and attach the three animals. Albeit this is a little fiddly, once done the mobile feels really secure.

Once on the cot/cot bed you have various different usage options. There are 2 different noise settings, and different options for music including night light and music or just music.

You then get the choice of music by 3 different composers - Beethoven, Bach and Mozart or alternatively you can just have the rainforest noises and the leaves going round.

The one thing that lets this mobile down but doesn't affect it's like ability factor is the noise it makes when rotating. The mechanism is a little noisy but I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.