5.0 out of 5 stars The Leann Rimes of Pop/R&B
Published on 22 Oct. 2006 by Amanda Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Great voice, some very good songs...
Published 6 months ago by LV

5.0 out of 5 stars The Leann Rimes of Pop/R&B, 22 Oct. 2006
Amanda Richards "Hotpurplekoolaid" (ECD, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The High Road (Audio CD)
Listening to this album you'll have a hard time believing that the singer is not yet sixteen at the time of writing this, and that she already has a platinum album under her belt. The first album "Jojo" spawned the hit single "Leave (Get Out)" when she was a mere weenybopper of thirteen, and this year she's acted in two movies in addition to putting together her second album.

First single "Too Little Too Late" has been out for months, and has helped to create a lot of advance buzz for this album, which in my opinion delivers the goods big time. The single is about moving on after a failed relationship, and if you cast your mind back (some of us further than others) you can identify with the lyrics: "I was young / And in love / I gave you everything / But it wasn't enough"

The album begins with the R&B track "This Time", where she takes responsibility for a break-up, but isn't ready to give up as yet, and then she launches into a hip hop track "The Way You Do Me" which could easily fit right in on any Beyonce / Christina Aguilera / Pussycat Dolls / Danity Kane album. The title track is a great R&B ballad, and then comes my favorite track "Anything" which samples "Africa" by Toto in fine style. Since hearing this track for the first time, it hasn't left the player.

If you think she's done there, think again - and then listen to the Janet Jackson type track "Like That", the powerfully belted "Let It Rain", the outstanding ballads "Exceptional" and "How to Touch a Girl" and the R&B tracks "Good Ol'" and "Coming For You". The album closes on an inspirational note with "Note To God".

This is an exceptional sophomore album from a talented young artiste who still has limitless potential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking the high..or low road to stardom., 14 Dec. 2006
Mrs. M. Kelly "Sincerely, Richard" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The High Road (Audio CD)
We all remember JoJo, some couldn't stand the overgrown 13 year old girl who was soaring through the charts to stardom in the States and indeed the UK. Well, after being more or less a one hit wonder in the UK, she's back after a long absence, after starring in film. Her first single from the new album, 'Too Little Too Late' is floating around on UK music television and radio, but is still lacking exposure. However, the girl who brought us 'Leave (Get Out)' has made a great attempt of success with her new album effort, 'The High Road', the UK version of the album coming with 14 new tracks, and her successful single 'Leave' thrown in for good measure. JoJo is due to turn 16 in December 2006, and her new music collaborations certainly pose a new sense of maturity in her music. Throughout the album, there is a great mix of Pop and R'n'B tunes, with barely a bad track to moan about. Fans of the songstress in particular will love it, as will any keen pop and r'n'b lover. Each track is of good length, and the variation between types of music is certainly addressed. Personal favourites include 'Coming For You', her forthcoming US single 'How To Touch A Girl', 'The Way You Do Me', and 'Anything', which features an intro from the soothing 'Africa' from Toto. JoJo reaches a target audience of more than just early teenage girls with this new album, I'd definately recommend that you treat yourself to it in time for Christmas.

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant R&B album from JoJo- Let's Go....., 31 Aug. 2007
Sam "kingathon" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The High Road (Audio CD)
The first time I listened to this album I was filled with disgust- disgust at myself for buying this middle-of-the road trash and disgusted at her for making this ridiculously bland music, however as I have listened more and more the tracks have really grown on me and I now realise that my money was not wasted and this is in fact a great album from an outstanding singer.
1.Way You Do Me-What a way to start the album, although after a while it can become a little grating. 8/10
2.Anything-An excellent track-should have been a hit! 9/10
3.This Time-A bland but nevertheless OK track. 6.5/10
4.Too Little Too Late-An outstanding song and the reason I bought the album. 10/10
5.Let It Rain-An average R&B tune. 7/10
6.High Road-A powerful track with exceptional vocals. 8/10
7.Like That-A rhythmical and subtle track. 8/10
8.Good Ol'-Forgettable and at times bland. 6/10
9.Coming For You-A great tune, upbeat! 8/10
10.Exceptional- A typical but classy ballad. 8/10
11.How To Touch A Girl-My fave track, love the lower range of her voice. Outstanding. 10/10
12.Note To God-Another ballad, quite good! 7/10
13.Do Whatcha Gotta Do-A good bonus track. 8/10
14.I Can Take You There-Not such a good bonus track. 6/10
15.Leave (Get Out)- Her original hit, brilliant at first, but over time has become a little dull. 8/10

5.0 out of 5 stars a revelation!, 13 Feb. 2010
This review is from: The High Road (Audio CD)
If you're like me you probably remembert the amazing singles "get out(leave)" and "too little too late" but never really bothered to dig any further into Jojo's material . . . that is a mistake!
I thought her albums would probably be like some disney [] but I decided to give it a go and it puts a lot of older women in the game to shame!
The production is slick, the vocals flawless and the album is a triumph! It's a shame Jojo isn't bigger and it's mainly due to her lame record label who basically released "how to touch a girl" the only average song on the album as the second single and then abbandoned all promotion, if any other track were the second single she would have blew up into a huge star :P
Then the drama continues and her completed 3rd album has been waiting for release for 4 years and after taking the label to court and signing to a new deal is only comming out this year!
Have no fear because Jojo has been working hard up til the last minute making music and the leacked tracks i've heard are even better than this album so I can't wait for her 3rd album "All I want is everything" to be released later this year :) 2010 is definately gonna be the year Jojo breaks out and takes over! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...Wow!, 6 May 2009
J. Grzebien - See all my reviews
This review is from: The High Road (Audio CD)
The High Road (track on the album)...I heard this and was blown away. Her vocal abilities are breath-taking and this album was filled with those amazing hard-hitting high notes and catchy choruses. Classic R&B mixed with pop, I loved it! Jojo is an extremely talented young woman and I can't wait for her upcoming album. The High Road (album) simply amazed me...i love this album, i've listened to it non stop since it came out. Favorites are Exceptional, High Road, Coming for You, This Time, Let It Rain, Good Ol and How to Touch a Girl...basically all of them lol.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is great!, 7 April 2007
Shay (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The High Road (Audio CD)
This is so much better than her last album. But I wish there were more songs!! My fave tracks are: Too Little Too Late, The Way You Do Me, Let It Rain, The High Road, Like That, and Coming For You. A total must have for people who loved her last album, or who didn't!! She sounds so much more mature - I love JoJo.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!, 1 Mar. 2008
This review is from: The High Road (Audio CD)
I love Jojo! Shes such an amazing singer (and actress).
I love this album!
My favourite song is definitely 'Exceptional', the lyrics are so pretty, and it sounds as if Jojo is singing the song especially for you. I really hope it is released as a single.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Impressive., 12 Jan. 2007
R. Walsh (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The High Road (Audio CD)
JoJo used to really annoy me. The Leave (Get Out) lyrics really annoyed me as it was a 13 year old singing them. You could not, however, deny that she was a great singer.

The High Road shows her voice to tremendous effect. The songs are fantastic, the vocals sublime, the production establishing JoJo as a real vocalist/performer. The only duff tracks are them two silly bonus songs. Everything else is flawless particularly The Way You Do Me, Anything, Coming For You, How To Touch A Girl and Exceptional.

I'm now a fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars The High Road, 31 Jan. 2013
Excellent Service.

Arrived Speedily and well packaged.

I would recommend to anyone who likes Jojo I have her previous album and i think both are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real rnb, 22 July 2012
This review is from: The High Road (Audio CD)
I love jojo and this album is just amazing really. Glad i got the hard copy! Ultimately, it's old school rnb. Even nicki minaj says so lol

The High Road
The High Road by JoJo (Audio CD - 2006)