Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on 25 March 2009
Having recently purchased an Epson PX700w I was alarmed at the amount of ink I was using in comparison to a previous printer an Epsom RX560. As many have stated in their reviews each time they turned the printer on and attempted to print something the heads would be charged or cleaned .... result a massive drain on ink.
This can be remedy from the control panel (PX700w) on the printer by going to Setup > Maintenance > Auto Head Maintenance and selecting off ... you are now in control of when to perform Maintenance.
Other than that problem the ink cartridges perform very well with all aspects of printing
2525 comments| 260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2011
I received the Epson cartridges supplied by Bentham, however even though the advert clearly showed the cartridges in the original Humingbird package, they were received as two separate sealed packages of three cartridges. Thus there is no way of checking the expiry date of these.
On installation I had incompatibility problems and when I've been able to finally get some to work they have failed after a short period.
I do not believe the problem is an Epson problem but Bentham selling out of date stock.
Would I buy again from Bentham - not likely.
22 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2010
These inks are available from many suppliers and I think in each review you should state which supplier, from reading them all it appears for example the 7 day shop is supplying them as shown in the description but others such as Bentham Ltd are not. Bentham are supplying 2 packs of 3 in the inner vacuum pack which is like those when you first purchase a new printer. The inner vacuum packs should not be opened (as stated in Epson manual) until they are going to be used so when you open the pack to take out one ink you compromise the other two. Also there are many complaints about Bentham refusing to refund / exchange.
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2011
Bentham did not supply the product pictured, but two plain vacuum packs containing 3 ink tanks each. I was expecting six individually vacuum wrapped inks in a factory sealed box stating the quantity of ink in ml, and bearing the Epson anti-counterfeit Colour Shifting Label. Having learned the hard way that non-genuine inks are a false economy, I was suspicious about these.

Even assuming they are genuine Epson cartridges, the ones Bentham supplied were undated, with contents of unknown quantity and - crucially - impossible to keep fresh once a pack has been opened.

Returned at my expense. This experience has dented my trust in Amazon, who should insist that 3rd party supplied goods are exactly as described on their website.
on 16 September 2010
Not what I ordered. Shows a blister pack of inks but they arrived shrink wrapped in 3's. I sent these to Epson as I felt that something wasn't right and these are not full ink cartridges that come in the blister packs, they are inks that are packed with printers when you first buy them so are not full. Would not buy from these people again.
11 comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 August 2010
I received my order today but it was not an Epson Original T0807 Multipack with the hummingbird picture as illustrated and, as I ordered which was [[ASIN:B000JG2NNW Epson Original T0807 Multipack Black and Colour Ink Cartridges (6 Claria Inks - T0801 Black, T0802 Cyan Blue, T0803 Magenta Red, T0804 Yellow, T0805 Light Cyan, T0806 Light Magenta)] What I got was 2 x packs of 3 cartridges wrapped together, - marked for China only - these are as you would normally get with a new printer when you would be putting all 6 cartridges in at the same time. However, if you are using the different colours over a period of time - which would be normal if you had been using the printer for months or even years, the remaining cartridges would no longer be sealed and would, therefore, deteriorate. Also, as far as I am aware, cartridges supplied with a new printer do not necessarily have the full amount of ink in them. I am waiting for this seller to respond as I will be returning these cartridges. After all, I could have got them on ebay cheaper if I had wanted unboxed cartridges originally destined for China.
on 13 November 2008
I purchased the multipack of inks and found the last one to be replaced was rejected by the printer with a message saying the cartridge was incompatible. When I contacted Epson customer services I was told they only have a 90 day warranty. I suggest buying them individually as if it takes more than 90 days to use them all you could be left with a useless cartridge and no means of replacement through Epson.
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 November 2010
Hi, Well I have the same complaint as some others ......
What is shown is not what you get.
The photo at the top of the page shows the ORIGINAL Epson ink and the way you would get it if you bought it in any high street store..........This is not what arrived..........The inks where not in the ORIGINAL pack as expected,not in the Epson Hummimgbird carton...........So did I get the real thing ???.
I would not order again.......
on 1 June 2010
The inks provided by Bentham Ltd are not as described or pictured. They come vacuum packed in 2 packs of 3 with no outer packaging so if you dont replace all 3 at the same time, the others are no good. I think they are the inks provided with a new printer, all to be installed at the same time and only half full! I have returned the inks and have been told I will be refunded.
on 1 October 2008
Epson Stylus Photo RX685 All-in-One Printer, 6.3cm LCD, USB
Bought this printer to replace my previous canon printer because canon cartridges were too costly. The multipack inks work out cheaper, but are still expensive, Epson charge £45 for the full pack!needless to say i buy mine from other sources!

I have tried compatible cartridges but whilst i've had no problems with previous printers, the Epson doesn't seem to like them. I've had nothing but trouble with compatibles - the ink clogged the nozzles and everything printed out in shades of pink and blue (great if you like those colours)! At first, the printer recognised the cartridges and displayed ink levels correctly, but lately it's refusing to recognise the cartridges and won't print at all! Ah well- i suppose i've got to admit defeat and start buying genuine ink again, other than these problems though, its a great all round printer.