4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - would sure miss it now!
Also see my review of via michelin x950 as I compared the GPS's.

I really like this mio and after buying a cheap memory card, I now have detailed maps of ALL Europe FREE.

Published on 26 Mar. 2007 by Michael Bodle

1.0 out of 5 stars Do no trust Mitac
This device does not work with Vista

Vista OS has been on the market for 18 months and I have been using it for 12 months.

Finding that my Mio 510E did not work with Vista (cannot download maps or speed cameras) I wrote to Mitac (7 times in all).

All I get back from their support is "we are writing a USB driver - please be patient"...
Published on 4 Jan. 2008 by G. Bird

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - would sure miss it now!, 26 Mar. 2007
Michael Bodle (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mio C510E Full EU Maps GPS (Electronics)
Also see my review of via michelin x950 as I compared the GPS's.

Not having a bluetooth phone, I cant comment on the built in bluetooth functions, but its another feature to explore. You can drop to main menu and use the unit to play MP3's or view photo's all stored on memory card.

As it is, I use my C510e daily and although the UK map data appears to be a few years out of date, I have saved wasting time and fuel hunting down businesses from postcodes. (Yup accepts full postcode searches).

Another niggle based on map data, is that by turning on the optional speed warnings, you will get warnings popping up all the time, as the map data is wrong again ie you see 60mph and the map data says 50mph, so turn that option off (Looks like all GPS makers are stuffed with limited choice of map database companies).

The right hand side has four buttons, the lower two are volume up/down (easy)

the second down is to menu where you can quickly switch between 2d / 3d maps - the 2d map is fantastic, as road names etc are very clear and the display fills with the map - the 3d map is most usefull for driving as it can show time/distance to target or next navigation point, speed etc (all set by you)

Battery life would be a worry as a pedestrian at approx 2 hours off a full charge, but I use the supplied car power adapter - oh and the windscreen sucker/holder is WAY better than the via michelin screw on jobby. Who needs a tomtom?

This is a great GPS

Love it

1.0 out of 5 stars Do no trust Mitac, 4 Jan. 2008
G. Bird "GeeBee" (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This device does not work with Vista

I think I have given them enough time.

I would urge people not to buy their products as the support is dreadful

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Mr Bond, Superb, 8 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Mio C510E Full EU Maps GPS (Electronics)
this is a great sat nav system, easy to use and program although i dislike the fact that it did not come with a paper manual instead it is on cd.

the system is adaptable enough that you can add speed cameras to it which is a bonus, additionally if your phone is bluetooth enabled you can route calls through it as a handsfree kit.

the only draw back is the battery life when out of the car, other than that i would take this above many of the cheaper or more gadgetty sat nav's out there

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Mio, 7 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Mio C510E Full EU Maps GPS (Electronics)
This GPS has got me through Paris and all the way to the South of France and back with no problems. A Great Product in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good SatNav, 20 July 2014