on 15 March 2007
We have recently been to NZ and I was given the creative Zen v for Christmas before we left. I was surprised that you could only charge the Zen v on the computer but then I bought this beauty and I now have mobile sound and a charging devise in one. I was therefore able to charge my creative in NZ and listen without headphones too. The sound is great and I am very pleased with it.
on 26 February 2007
These speakers are great and as mentioned they are not built for the zen micro but for the zen v plus so no wonder they didnt fit the other guy.

The sound quality is very good and they can also go very loud. and the remote is a very nice touch.
on 24 September 2007
Where do I start? This MP3 player not only is incredibly user friendly, but its insanely light and small, while packing in HUGE sound quality! The software is both easy to use and its functionality is perfect for needs to the average user. At the price, I could not reccommend this more highly. Creative have a winning product on their hands yet again! I also bought the docking speakers, they are excellent quality and pretty loud considering what they are. They are never going to replace my creative gigworks system, but thats not their purpose! Huge battery life, light and again excellent quality sound. There is a quadraphonic sound option which is particularlly impressive considering the size of the speakers. All in all, an excellent deal, high quality products at a low price! Stop dithering and just buy this! You wont be disapointed!!!
on 12 September 2007
Having been so impressed by my zen v+ player, I decided to try the speakerdock. Initially I thought it would just be handy for charging the unit without needing to be connected to my pc, but wow! this piece of equipment is great. The unit looks and feels beautiful, very well finished without any flimsy or cheap feeling parts. It is genuinely portable and has travelled with me extensively, from hotel rooms to picnics. The sound really surprised me, considering the smallness of it I was very impressed by the audio output and quality of music playback, at top volume it is very loud, louder than I would ever need it really, without distortion ( I do not use too highly compressed file formats though). It is now in permanent use in my kitchen having rendered my stereo obsolete, it does sound better with the surround sound type button turned on - the sounds fills a room nicely this way. I really can find no fault.
on 15 October 2007
I bought the docking speakers to use mainly when I go on holidays I thought the sound wouldn't be up to much for the wrong could I have been? It is now in the kitchen being used daily.It works easily with Windows Media Player so you don't really need to install their software and the base charging is really useful.
on 27 November 2007
Have had these speakers for some time now and I am very impressed with them. A point that others have mentioned is the fact that it charges the player when plugged in to the mains. It is also very portable and works just aswell with 6 AA batteries which is great if you want to listen to music in the bath but dont want something plugged into the wall. It also has a very sleek remote for it. I have taken it on holiday with me before and found it excellent. The sound that comes out of it is incredbile, if you have the volume tirned up on the player aswell as the speakers you will find it blasting out at high volume with some good bass in it too. One of the best things Ive ever bought.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 September 2007
Looks good, sounds great. Superb for charging up the Zen V Plus as well as using when travelling or to save space around the home. Haven't found any reason to fault this. Mine first arrived without a british style plug, but Amazon were quick to turn this around and sent me a new boxed system - all very easy and straight forward - v. good customer service.
on 18 January 2008
I've now had the Zen for 4 months and the Travelsound for 2 months. The Travelsound unit provides a charging station when connected to mains or PC or both and a USB docking point when connected to PC. The Zen V and V plus integrate into the front beautifully. The unit is beautifully finished and looks and sounds great with good bass. It even includes a fold out telescopic arial for the FM radio to complement the Plus models. Sound quality is very good if not hifi and at full volume, louder than you would usually need. It works from the included mains adapter or from 4 AA batteries. I use rechargeable NiMh which last for ages on a single charge. The mains adapter comes with an exchangeable UK style 3 pin and a mainland European style 2 pin plug. A wireless remote control is included which covers most playback functions of the unit, volume, mute, spatial sound on/off, pause/play, track select, function select, and forward/back, although with the size of the Zen V screen you have to be fairly close to read what you are selecting on some functions.
The only improvement I would suggest is that when plugged into the mains it charges the Zen but it doesn't charge the AA batteries. It would be nice if it did.
If you have a Zen V or V plus I would say that this is a must buy and is useful both around the home and when travelling. I am highly satisfied with my purchase.
Added Jan 2011. We are now 3 years on since I posted the initial review and both the Zen and the travelsound are still performing perfectly.
on 21 July 2007
As the owner of a fantastic Creative Zen V MP3 I was looking for the perfect speakers for it, and lo and behold out came this geat offer for the Creative Travel Sound Zen V Docking Speakers. I am delighted with both these Creative items, with the finish and the reproduction. Top marks to this company and once again to Amazon for the excellent service, what a great company to deal with. I have no connection with either of these companies other than as a very satisfied customer. A McLay
on 27 October 2007
After buying a Creative V which I have found also brilliant and really good value for the money.I had no choice but to buy the docking speakers to go with it.I cant say anything but good things about them,the quality of the sound, the length of time it runs on a singal charge,user friendly the whole package is brilliant.And on top of all that it looks good.Why you would buy an ipod when you can get a really great Creative package as this I dont understand.