4.0 out of 5 stars Good Features, Great Value.
I've had this watch for a few years now and it's still going strong. I wanted a cheap watch so that when it took knocks while coaching football I wouldn't worry too much about it. When I was looking for it I had three criteria and at the time it was about the only watch that met them all.

Firstly I wanted a countdown timer for when refereeing football matches...
Published on 29 Nov. 2010 by Elliot Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Slim & Lightweight
An ok, slim and lightweight digital watch. The screen is a little bit small, so if your looking for a small and light then this could be for you.
The strap is part canvas and part (fake)leather.
Published on 23 Sept. 2012 by Jason R

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Features, Great Value., 29 Nov. 2010
Elliot Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES (Watch)

Firstly I wanted a countdown timer for when refereeing football matches. Having something that beeps at the end of the set time period is much better than keeping an eye on a stopwatch.

Secondly I wanted a stopwatch for when watching football. Many stadia clocks stop at 90 mins so that they do not conflict with the referee when he adds time. I like to know how much extra time has been played/is left for myself.

Finally, and this was the clincher for this watch, I don't like big chunky watches. My wrists are not that big so a chunky watch both looks stupid and catches on things. This is the perfect size for me.

The screen is clear with time in large characters and the date in smaller ones above. When switching to timer, stopwatch, alarm or dual time the current time replaces the date so you can still see that. When operating the timer or stopwatch though the time is replaced by the hour count.

I will continue to use this watch until either it gets broken or the battery dies at which point I will look for something similar, if not the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars well now, 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES (Watch)
I don't usually leave reviews on here but every so often you get something so special you just have to tell everyone
for the price, this watch is absolutely amazing, the delivery was faster than light and the product feels genuine and strong
despite the very very slight rattle you get from shaking your arm heavily, it's absolutely perfect, and practical
if you're even considering this product you just need to add it to your basket and invest, cos I think I'm in love with mine

4.0 out of 5 stars *Watch out for faulty batch in late-2014* - otherwise a robust multifunction sports watch with tough webbing strap, 31 July 2012
K Wren "K Wren" (Wye Valley (England/Wales border)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES (Watch)
This is a good, tough, 50m-waterproof watch which will withstand knocks. It has a countdown timer, stopwatch, alarm, hourly chime and a handy dual-time function so that there's no need to reset it when taking a trip overseas. I keep mine set to Sydney time so that if I call relatives at the other side of the world, I know I won't be waking them in the middle of the night!

It's not the most attractive watch to look and it doesn't have the clearest display but the blue auto-light helps greatly: the watch can be set so that when the wrist is at a normal watch-viewing angle, the display automatically illuminates for a few seconds.

My main reason for choosing this watch was the webbing strap. Too many current watches seem to have a plastic/resin strap which not only feels wet and uncomfortable but also tends to crack and snap within 2 years. In contrast, this webbing strap shows very few signs of wear after 4-5 years and the battery has lasted all this time too.

At just 8mm thick, it fits flatter on the wrist than many others and fits snugly beneath a sleeve/cuff and with its smaller 34mm diameter face it will fit a woman's wrist too.

It's been a very practical and hard-wearing watch for me and I would happily buy the same again - if it ever wears out, that is!

* August 2013 update: I've just replaced the battery for the first time (costing 99p) because the display was beginning to fade. It's now as good as new again and still with the original strap. I could well be updating this review again in another 6-7 years!

* December 2014 update: I stand by everything written in my earlier review - this is a very good watch and the watch I referred to above is still working well with its replaced battery. Unfortunately, however, I knocked it and broke the casing by the strap when moving house so had to order a replacement in November 2014 - but the replacement is fraught with problems...

I couldn't understand why the timer kept re-setting, then I noticed the time was highly erratic along with the date then realised it was sporadically resetting itself to mid-day on 1 January at various intervals with no obvious pattern. Now I read that I am not alone with this problem with reviews between August and November (so far) all reporting the same problem so it seems there is possibly a faulty batch. I am returning mine for a replacement and hope this will be from a different batch...

4.0 out of 5 stars Feature packed but a little fiddly, 21 May 2012
will_de_beest (South Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES (Watch)
This was a present for my 11-year-old son. He is technically minded and loves the number of things this watch can do, especially the timer functions. Crucially, it is comfortable on his slim wrist but will also wrap around my rather bigger one - something Casio has been getting right for years - although I'd consider this a more suitable size for a child or teenager than for most adults.

But even slim fingers and sharp young eyes find parts of the display too tiny to read, and some of the functions - notably the countdown - are less than intuitive and require careful study of the well-written manual. But if you're looking at a Casio you probably don't need telling this - they always work well, but they do need a little effort.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slim & Lightweight, 23 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES (Watch)
The strap is part canvas and part (fake)leather.

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio Watch, 7 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES (Watch)
This is a great watch and is really light. It has plenty of functions and contains a split button if you are timing two people in a race. Also has great stopwatch and countdown timer. Is perfect for sport but also everyday use and I hardly notice it on my wrist. Thank you!

2.0 out of 5 stars The quality is not that great. I know the price is low but for ..., 1 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES (Watch)
This watch is definitely not for men. Luckily, I bought it for a 9 years old boy and it just fit. The quality is not that great. I know the price is low but for that price I can get a Baby G's watch which I am sure is definitely better in quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 8 July 2012
J. Yarwood - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES (Watch)
this item was bought for my 14 year old son for use mainly with his fitness regime for the summer. he says it is great for timing his runs, keeps excellent time and is not too cumbersome like similar watches. all in all a bargain buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Been using it as my main watch for 4 years now, 25 April 2015
D Muir (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES (Watch)
I bought this Casio in 2011; it's been used as my main watch and it's still going strong in 2015.

Obviously style is a matter of taste, but looks-wise this suits me better than a G-Shock: it's more understated, but it still looks rugged and serious. The only thing I'd happily lose is the animated 0.1-second display at the top, as it seems more of a cosmetic touch than something useful.

My favourite feature is the countdown timer: it's perfect for interval running because it can be made to count down a set period, produce an alarm sound, then repeat. This is not an ideal watch for running as it can't store laps, but as I say it's great for interval running. Also, it's very useful when you're cooking rice or pasta!

I replaced the strap after 2 or 3 years because the original was looking scruffy: the PVC parts were looking ragged. It now has a 20mm black nylon canvas strap which suits it well. I only recently had to change the battery; it was fairly easy to do as the back is only secured with 4 small screws. There is a knack to removing the battery, but luckily someone has made a guide: just Google "w94h how to replace battery".

I did need to do a small piece of extra maintenance: the beeper stopped sounding. I believe that a watch beeper relies on the electronics having contact with the metal case back. I removed the metal back, saw that there was a small amount of something like corrosion in it, scraped this away, and the beeper is now fixed.

The watch face is rather scratched (it isn't recessed within the casing), but this doesn't impair readability.

I really like this trusty watch. I expect it'll last until I lose it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin - good functions for a good price, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES (Watch)
I bought this (second one I've bought after I lost the first one) to umpire with because it has a count down timer with alarm as well as all the other normal time / date / stopwatch features. It's not too bulky (little wrists) but still has quite a clear display and with the warning beeps 2 mins in advance etc. you don't even have to keep checking it during the game.
Good firm action on the buttons so you don't accidentally stop or start time. :-)
MUCH cheaper than a "proper" umpire watch.

Casio Mens Sports Watch W94HF-8AVES