Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 December 2009
This is a CD that grows on you. It's a rich mix of nostalgic old songs such as Josephine Baker's 'Breezing Along with the Breeze' and Jean Sablon singing 'J'attendrai, contrasted with the lively 'Gotta Get Up' (Harry Nilsson) and Richard Anthony's bizarre version of 'Itsy Bitsy Petit Bikini'.
For me there are two wonderful highlights: Patti Page singing 'Old Cape Cod' and Marc Streitenfeld's original film score which is delightfully textured, melodic and inventive. It's all good stuff to drive to.
on 16 March 2011
A Good Year
Just received my cd this morning and can't believe I waited so long to buy it! I'm a huge fan of the film so is great to have the music to play when I want. It arrived really well packaged and I think it's good value for money. I love every single track.
on 22 July 2011
If you want no other reason to buy this CD it is the music from Edmundo Ros - almost impossible to get and a great memory for anybody who used to listen to this in the 1950's & 60's on the Radio!
on 25 October 2010
Having enjoyed the film (several times over now), this ST brought back many happy moments.
The original tracks I had forgotten about, but they fit in well with this selection.
I have listened to it several times over, and yes, it is great 'background' music.
Think though, that it will be consigned to the ST dept very soon though.

I still love 'The Wedding Samba' (lots of evocative feelings from the various times it is played in the film). So much so, that I bought Edmundo Ros' 'The Singles'. (Which gets more airing than this CD sadly).

Yes, the CD was expensive (I had to consider it a 'luxury purchase')
ps - Karoline - Interseted in what track that so grabbed you!

PPS - I orginally ordered this CD from the Sates, but 8 weeks on and it didn't turn up. Just got a refund and no real apology/offer of sending of another. (Eventually bought it from a UK supplier. Disappointed as have never had a prob with orders from USA before).
on 15 February 2013
Quite the best all-round cd I've ever owned - a perfect evocation of that imaginary Provence inhabited by Peter Mayle - with the extraordinary ability to make even supposedly mature individuals get up and make complete asses of themselves. No civilised household should be without it.......
on 5 March 2015
Fabulous film we have watched so many times and now we can listen to the music whenever, guessing what part of the film the music comes from causes many discussions, proving how well we know film.
on 1 February 2014
Loved this film the first time I saw it and still haven't tired of it. Great Soundtrack but one omission stands oiy like a sore thumb.... - Q. Hey Joe where you goin' with that gun in your hand? A. I'm goin down to shoot my lady, caught her messin aroung with another man. People may not like Johnny Hallyday's version compared to Jimi Hendrix - but it suits the flavour of the film! A shame, I had just come here to order it after watching the film for the 5th time but have now had second thoughts - I enjoyed all the other songs though!
on 26 July 2012
This has been one of my favourite movies right from the start - a life I want to have..

The soundtrack was one of the main things I loved about the movie too so when I found it on Amazon - I bought it right away.

It's a really great, easy listening track that I play when I clean the house, sunbath outside, sew and cook:)

Highly recommended!!!
on 1 November 2010
If you've seen the film you'll know this is a good soundtrack - easy listening, feel good music
on 16 July 2014
This movie is one that grew on me, and has become a favourite to re-watch!
The soundtrack is fantastic, original productions, and bring a smile.
Russell Crowe is the lead, but all the other characters are truly well formed, and satisfying to watch, time and again.
This CD evokes the vineyard and en Francais to the present!
Lab rats beware!