Colour Name: BlackChange

on 6 December 2012
The surprise was the size of the book. I have kept a five-year diary ever since 1953. There has not been room to write more than the briefest of notes but I have nevertheless found it invaluable when trying to recall events from the past. The great disadvantage is the lack of an index. If I was at the beginning of my life, I should write my diary on the computer with a search function. As it is, the present diary took me by surprise by being so big, too big for travelling around with, but large enough for me not to have to use a magnifying glass to read the entries and even leaving space to record what I have watched on TV or in real life, perhaps by noting titles of films, operas, concerts, plays etc on the final line, giving me easier access. If I live long enough I shall have to consider whether or not to go back to the smaller size. It was sheer inefficiency that I omitted to note the nice in the advertisement. I have already become so weak and feeble that I do not carry my diary with me on my travels but keep notes for it!
on 31 July 2010
a quality product delivered speedily. I have always had a problem between diaries, like with book maps of europe between pages. I believe this is the answer.
on 3 May 2010
Ryman's sell the best five-year diary around. Great value for money and excellent quality - do yourself a favour and look no further.
on 5 February 2013
HOW ON EARTH DO YOU UNLOCK THIS DIARY? No instructions on how to do it at all. I'm baffled and would like an answer, otherwise it looks well presented.
on 2 January 2011
This was just as I expected it to be as a present for a teenage girl, and she started to write in it on Christmas day.

Unfortunately the black diary I had ordered for her brother never turned up!! But both of them did not come from Amazon themselves.
on 25 December 2015
I've kept diaries for many years and love these five year diaries.
Normally, I would give a five star feedback but, after so many comments over so many years about the same problem, the manufacturers still insist on locking the diaries and PUTTING THE KEYS INSIDE !!! Where is the sense in that??
It is somewhat annoying to have to poke around with tweezers and bend the backing of a new book when, with a little thought, the envelope with the key could be put INSIDE THE PACKAGING!!!!
Otherwise, the quality is very good ... but please, please, Collins, think before you upset your customers.
VINE VOICEon 15 January 2011
Not quite enough space to write so one has to be a little more thoughtful about what to write before committing to paper. However, this may not be such a bad thing. Excellent quality and, in my opinion, worth the price
on 18 December 2015
I've been using this diary for a month now and I couldn't be happier
Enough space for a day, sturdy and the lock isn't fragile in any way
Heavy (as expected) but compact, easy to travel with
review image review image
on 9 January 2014
I have had this before and it was great but now i am ready to start the next 5 years I ordered a new one and was disappointed that amazon are selling it as new when the calender at the front of the journal runs from 2007 - 2014 which is not very helpful in planning the next 5 years events. this should be made clear in the product description. I will purchase elsewhere as there isnt an option on Amazon to get a recent edition of the journal
on 4 January 2015
Dimensions too small - saw one in Rymans yesterday and it seems manufacturer has tried to cut costs by making diary smaller (existing one has 6 lines per day as opposed to this one at 5 lines). What is the point of shrinking the diary when the whole point of a 5 year diary is to fill it with information. Will have to keep looking as this tiny space would only give me 5 years of frustration, Anyone else found the 'old size'?