5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 5 year diary
5 year diaries are getting quite scarce. Have been writing a diary for 36 years and needed a new one for next year.
The leather diaries I have had for the past 10 years have stopped being made. After a lot of searching found this one.
Read the reviews and bought one. Arrived today - super quick delivery.
Perfect diary - easy catch to open - 5 lines to...
Published on 10 April 2012 by Jen

3.0 out of 5 stars THE LOCK!
HOW ON EARTH DO YOU UNLOCK THIS DIARY? No instructions on how to do it at all. I'm baffled and would like an answer, otherwise it looks well presented.
Published 14 months ago by chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 5 year diary, 10 April 2012
This review is from: Collins Five Year Diary - Black (Office Product)
Read the reviews and bought one. Arrived today - super quick delivery.
Perfect diary - easy catch to open - 5 lines to write each day with space at the top for special occasions - birthdays etc. Lovely gilt page edges. Lots of info like important dates, calendars etc. Seems well made and will cope with being used every day for 5 years and being kept a lifetime. Great price - think I will buy more to keep in stock.
Highly recommend.Thank you Collins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well presented impressive diary, however not for everyone, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Collins Five Year Diary - Black (Office Product)
I was looking for an A4 size diary to record past events, read reviews of this diary and decided to buy. I realise now that it will not suit me. The diary is well presented and is exactly as described, although it is not easy to understand from the description and the pictures what it is. What you get is a very nice cover with a lock (it arrived locked with two keys inside between pages - you have to turn the little lock by 90 degrees to open it - I used scissors for that - once opened you have access to keys). Pages are white, not too thin. What five year diary means is that you get five years of one day on a page. In other words, for instance at the top of a page you have 25th May - this is the 25th day of May page and that one page has five sections, corresponding to five years. Each section has six lines - of manageable width. Personally for me, six lines may not be enough for describing a day's events, threrefore I probably will have to sell this diary. Unfortunately, I assumed I will get a full A5 page for a day - apparently I was wrong. Entirely my fault I should add.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gift for private diary, 30 Dec 2010
M Sturgeon (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Five Year Diary - Black (Office Product)
I gave this as a gift to a girl who wanted to keep a secure diary of "personal" events in her life.
Excellent - hi quality, great finish - leaver and polished metal - she absolutely loves the lock, and especially the metallic finished page edges. Very professionally looking, and as secure as a book can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 year diary, 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: Collins Five Year Diary - Black (Office Product)
A quality product reflected in the price as cheaper diaries are available. Perhaps a little on the big size if you want to take it on holiday with you - particularly if flying no frills with consequent low baggage allowance!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Finding the key!, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Collins Five Year Diary - Black (Office Product)
As with somne previous reviews I would have preferred more space for writing. Also just a point that the key is in a small white envelope inside the diary pages. I thought the diary was locked to start with and couldn't see the envelope with the key.

5.0 out of 5 stars This came as a surprise to me, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Collins Five Year Diary - Black (Office Product)
The surprise was the size of the book. I have kept a five-year diary ever since 1953. There has not been room to write more than the briefest of notes but I have nevertheless found it invaluable when trying to recall events from the past. The great disadvantage is the lack of an index. If I was at the beginning of my life, I should write my diary on the computer with a search function. As it is, the present diary took me by surprise by being so big, too big for travelling around with, but large enough for me not to have to use a magnifying glass to read the entries and even leaving space to record what I have watched on TV or in real life, perhaps by noting titles of films, operas, concerts, plays etc on the final line, giving me easier access. If I live long enough I shall have to consider whether or not to go back to the smaller size. It was sheer inefficiency that I omitted to note the nice in the advertisement. I have already become so weak and feeble that I do not carry my diary with me on my travels but keep notes for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value fully recommewnded, 14 Feb 2010
T. F. Woods (Norwich Norfolk England) - See all my reviews
5 Year Diary

This was Excellent Value and just what we wanted, hope we can get another in 5 years time. Delivery was also perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Year Diary, 19 Dec 2009
Dennis E. Wright (North Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Five Year Diary - Black (Office Product)
A nice diary presented well, help from supplier was excellent, would use again without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 5 year diary, 5 Feb 2011
This review is from: Collins Five Year Diary - Black (Office Product)
I am really happy with the Collins Five Year Diary. It looks great, is good value and comes with a spare key! Would definitely recommend this diary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great diary - frustrating to start!, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Collins Five Year Diary - Black (Office Product)
Great sturdy diary, very smart looking with clasp and gold gilted paper edges. Would definitely recommend....

....HOWEVER IT TOOK ME 20MINUTES TO GET IN...!

If you are struggling as I was:
1.) The key is inside the locked diary - in order to access it you will need to pull our what looks like a piece of card folded over the edge of one of the pages. It has an envelope attached, inside which are your keys. COLLINS: Please put this information on the outside of the box! It comes with a box with printed information on the outside, so surely there's space?? I was ready to pack it up and return it to Amazon as 'parts missing'.

2.) Once I had the key, I couldn't open it. It has a lock, and a round 'button'. You need to turn the key, and then it will feel like you need to move the button up/down, but the trick is to push the button to the left, away from the lock. I'm not sure I can blame Collins for me being very dense over this one.

If you are looking for a properly secure diary, then this isn't for you, you could probably open it with some tweezers (it is the kind of lock where the key is just prongs to open or close it). It does act somewhat as a deterrent however, and suits my purposes just fine.

ARRAY(0xa5a6a864)