5.0 out of 5 stars thank you sleep sheep!
Published on 1 July 2009 by Monkey'sUncle

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
I bought after the rave reviews on here. It didn't work for my baby. Before you she'll out £22 for this sheep, there are loads of free apps out there with various sounds that claim to help babies to sleep. Try them first and see if your baby sleeps.

Published 9 months ago by RihannaMum

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you sleep sheep!, 1 July 2009
This review is from: Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go (Baby Product)
I have three children and with my second I was given a sleep sheep. I have never looked back. It is the single best product I have had for any of my children, all three relax to the sleep sheep sounds and it has meant a good nights sleep for the whole family, we used it from birth with baby number two and three and still three years on and it is used every night. It has been an excellent help when traveling and even helps during periods of toddler anxiety. When my daughter starts to tantrum she sits on her bed and listens to sleep sheep on the waves sounds and it slows her down, she can start to discuss what is causing her frustration and not descend into melt down. Absolutely wonderful product.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 17 July 2009
This review is from: Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go (Baby Product)
absolutely fab, friend told me about it and I bought one for my baby who was having difficulty settling in the pram and carseat. This helped my baby sleep whilst out and I would definatly recomend to mums.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft, sweet and cuddly, 1 July 2013
shaz17 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We listened to the 4 sounds and thought the ocean one sounded like WHITE NOISE, The rain sounded like PASSING TRAFFIC, the whale was ok, a calling whale with a touch of white noise, we liked the stream best as it seemed more soothing, but made us want to use the loo more often.

Other than the sounds not being as nice had we had hoped, the overall look & feel of the Sleep Sheep is lovely and soft and perfect for a newborn. We went for this smaller one as we thought the full size might be to big for the baby. We liked the velcro strap but wished it had a bigger loop as it was a tad tight fitted to the cot, pram, car seat.

The little story book at the beginning of the instruction booklet is a lovely touch.

It is such a shame that it didnt play Brahms Lullaby, I would have been more happy with that. The bigger version does has a Mothers Heartbeat and pity this one didnt has well.

At least you can use the toy on its own, pleased that the sound unit is totally removable if not needed as the child gets older.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go (Baby Product)

The item itself is not very designed. It can't be a toy, you can't give it to your baby as the big plastic sound system is wedged inside the sheep with velcro. Unless you remove the sound system it's not baby or toddler friendly so it defeats the reason why you bought for.

You can only hang it out of reach of children, so there's no point having the sheep part. The sound system on its own will do if your really want it. SO before you buy it, test the whale sounds for your baby with the free whale music first from your phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and well loved product, 20 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go (Baby Product)
I bought the sleep sheep after a recommendation from a friend. My daughter was only 3 weeks old. We have used the sleep sheep every night when she goes to sleep. It was useful in the early days to differentiate between night and day. Now it is a soothing reminder of home and a signal that bedtime has started and playtime is over. It looks adorable, the batteries last for ages and I couldn't have coped without it. A fabulous product. There is no need to buy the full size sleep sheep. I preferred this travel version as if fits neatly into the cot and doesn't take up too much space. Another good design feature is that it has a velcro strap so that you can fasten it to the cot bars. This means the child can't get hold of the sheep and switch it on during the night. It also means the toy won't fall on your newborn and suffocate it! Once my daughter was old enough to move around the cot I moved the sleep sheep to a nearby surface. Its one of the best things I have bought after having a baby.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for little ones to help soothe them to sleep, 6 July 2013
RayG - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our son loves this toy, he likes activating the buttons himself, but it also still works as a soothing sound machine to help him sleep. In fact, I've found myself using it to help me sleep at times, so it's true that it's perfect for 0-adult!

It's basically a cuddly sheep which can be attached to a pram or cot with the attached strap, and then it plays soothing whale/sea/rain noises for a set period of time (either 23 or 45 minutes). White noise like this is very effective for soothing babies and I only wish we'd had this sooner rather than having to leave a phone with a white noise app on in the cot for hours at a time. I have dropped a star as the choice of 23 or 45 minute timer seems a little bit restrictive, although I suppose you could turn it down/off whenever you like.

This is a perfect size to take out with you but then easily move back to your cot at home - it's the same size as any cuddly toy.

Our son can activate the sounds himself now - he'll sometimes turn it on in the middle of the night, but it does seem to help him drift back off to sleep, which as any parent knows is the holy grail of night wakings.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 19 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go (Baby Product)
We were given the Sleep Sheep as a present and thought it was really cute, but were very sceptical that it would actually work. One night after a few hours of our baby son screaming in a moment of desparation we attached it to the side if his moses basket and couldn't believe it when after a few minutes on the wave setting he was fast asleep! We found the waves best for settling him to sleep and he seemed find the rain very calming too. I would recommend this to any new parent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 13 July 2011
This review is from: Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go (Baby Product)
I had bought the larger version of the Sleep Sheep but decided to purchase the 'On The Go' version as it was smaller and thought my 6 month old daughter would find it easier to cuddle and handle. It is an excellent product but I felt the sound quality was better on the larger version. Also there are slightly different sounds on the smaller model - no heartbeat option. I decided to keep the larger version and gave the 'On The Go' version to my friend who has just had a baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy babies like our Sleep Sheep, 20 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go (Baby Product)
We like the sleep sheep's cuddly design, and the velcro strap means it fits nicely on the cot. There are four types of noise that come from it. We like the whale noises the best. It is hard to tell with our ten day old twinnies and whether it works for them or not (for sure) but we think it does. It certainly doesn't keep them awake and I think the background noise soothes them. It is not an essential accessory for your baby (babies) but if friends/family want to buy you something for the babies I would certainly put this on the list. If nothing else, it is a bit of fun. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but my baby just didn't respond to the sounds, 14 Aug. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This did not do the trick for my (perhaps peculiarly?!) dissatisfied baby...

This cuddly toy sheep comes with a sort of... plastic box, which plays four "soothing sounds", and which can be inserted into the sleep sheep so that it plays them. The sheep has a little velcro strap so you can attach the whole contraption to a cot or pram. This is meant to be the smaller 'travel' version. I assume the other version is simply bigger and perhaps doesn't have a velcro strap - these seem to me to be the only 'travel' things about it.

The four "soothing sounds" it plays are:

(1) ocean noise
(2) whale song
(3) rain
(4) babbling brook or stream, with some bird song in the background

I ended up having more success with a CD of white noise and heartbeats etc - my baby loved the heartbeat sound, but just wasn't so keen on the whale song or ocean noises that came with the Sleep Sheep. And she wasn't really bothered about the cuddly toy. However, I can accept that it might well be useful to use this Sleep Sheep to facilitate overnight trips or naps away from home. I'll clip it to the pram or something, but don't anticipate using it as often as I'd hoped.

Still - it all depends on your baby. This is a nicely made product and a good idea. I can see a lot of other much more positive reviews, and I can imagine that it could be a life-saver if your baby responds well to the sounds it plays! It is certainly a great concept and I wish it had worked better for us...

Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go