5.0 out of 5 stars Rexel Matador Stapler
A good stapler that also looks reasonably stylish. It is heavy weight, being mostly made of metal and takes the half strip lengths of no. 56 staples.

Published on 23 Oct. 2009 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars This stapler ruined my life
In the office I find myself needing to bind some paper frequently. On these occasions I turn to the nearest stapler to hand, which is often a Rexel Matador. I am unhappy to report that it lets me down on numerous occasions, frequently jamming and 'miss-stapling'. I would recommend the Rexel Sirius as an alternative.
Happy stapling.
Published on 5 Jan. 2012 by Tom Kay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rexel Matador Stapler, 23 Oct. 2009
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rexel Matador Half Strip Stapler 50mm Throat Depth Black/Silver (25 Sheet Capacity) (Office Product)

The stapler is sufficiently robust to easily staple together a reasonable stack of papers and has never jammed during the few years I have been using it. One tip is to ensure that you get chisel pointed staples; these make the job of stapling so much easier and, even if they cost more, they are vastly superior to ordinary staples.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little stapler, 29 Mar. 2010
Customer (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a super little stapler. Not so 'little', really - I can staple 25 pages with it with no problem. I'm really glad I chose it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further than the Rexel Matador, 13 Feb. 2014
Making a purchase decision on what stapler to buy is quite similar to making a purchase decision on a car. There are so many models out there and in the show room they all look like tough, reliable machines that could take whatever abuse you could throw at them. However we all know that looks can be deceiving, and only after we part with our money do we actually get to put the claims of the salesman to the test.
Like the auto market, the stapler market also has its ‘Lemons’, inviting to our visual sense but bitter once you’ve bitten in. The day we make the leap of faith to buy a quality stapler looms like an ominous raincloud, but now, through two gaping holes punctured in that raincloud shine rays of golden light, punctured by a staple from the ‘Rexel Matador’, possibly the finest stapler on the market right now.

The stapler has come a long way since the time of King Louis XV, and today I have in my possession a model at the forefront of stapler technology. With its long sweeping lines and metallic silver paint the Rexel Matador really is a beautiful looking thing, and the rubber ergonomic thumb and finger grips add a touch of sport to the overall aesthetic. Nevertheless the Matador is not just a pretty face. The arm and base of the Matador is made of steel, the magazine and cartridge are made of aluminium and brass. This combination of tough, durable materials will ensure that your stapling needs will be covered long into the future.
The Matador really is a sturdy machine, opening and closing the cartridge is reminiscent of the feel and sound of opening and closing the door of a top of the line Audi or BMW. The separate parts of the mechanism all fit together very well and feel smooth and precise when being used. The rubber ergonomic thumb and finger grips give the user great control of the stapler and will ensure precision stapling. The Matador is also a pleasure to reload. The magazine takes just the right amount of pressure to open and has a very high quality feel. The Matador is classy yet durable. My hats off to the Engineers at Rexel.
My favourite design aspect of the Matador has to be the staple removal spike located to rear of the Matador’s base. The staple removal spike allows me to quickly and easily remove any inaccurate staples (let’s face it, nobody’s perfect!). No longer shall we suffer the embarrassment of handing up badly stapled documents. The Matador has got us covered!
The Engineers at Rexel have quoted the Matador as being able to staple up to a maximum of 25 pages of standard printing paper, a modest quote. Through my own testing I have recorded a maximum of 28 pages stapled, which means that the Matador has far higher stapling capabilities than any other stapler in its class.
In my opinion there is no point in considering any other stapler because the Rexel Matador has got it all. Style, performance and durability are the three aspects of a quality stapler that today’s manufacturers seldom achieve. I believe that with the Matador, the Engineers at Rexel have set a new benchmark in the world of stapling, and because of the competitive nature of today’s stapler market I feel that we may witness some interesting developments in stapler technology in the not so distant future.
Whether you are working in a fast paced stapling environment or are an avid stapling enthusiast I strongly recommend you to consider adding the Rexel Matador to your office arsenal soon. You can thank me later.

My rating is: 5/5 staples

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to last for Years of Trouble Free Operation., 20 Jun. 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I've used staplers for years.
My first job was in a \life Assurance office back in the 1970s when we still had Lsd!
(The money system not the drugs) so I have used quite a few staplers in my time.

The ones that stood the test of time IE the bangs, drops knocks and such like were always the Rexel brand ones.

I've had my red Matador for quite a few years.
It has never let me down once.

It is heavy and robust and takes the medicine dished out to it but always comes up looking good even after all these years.

It takes some hammer.

I always use Rexel staples if I can this takes No 56 (26/6) and No 16 (26/6) and there are about 105 in a strip.
Changing a strip is a doddle.

A big tip if you can is to get the 'chisel tipped' ones.
Your stapler is only as good as its staples and they penetrate better and easier.

The plate at the front can be turned so that the staples spread outwards and act as pins or as tacking which makes them easy to remove.

The action of changing is simple and all the parts are made to last.

The whole shebang comes with a long long five year guarantee but these little beasts are built to last for many times that time scale.

A great little stapler that I have no hesitation in recommending.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality stapler., 30 Sept. 2010
My last stapler broke so I ordered one of these because I had used one previously at work. It's very weighty and robust for such a small stapler and I've so far stapled 15 sheets of 80 gsm with no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good stapler, 16 Feb. 2013
Very good stapler. Am sick of cheap staplers which continually fail, jam etc. This one doesn't and moreover was not expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rexel Matador, 27 Nov. 2013
D. Cheung - See all my reviews
I've got two - one is thirty something years old and still going strong. This new one I have high hopes of, considering the sterling performance of the older one. In the intervening years, it's gained in weight, I reckon it's twice the weight. But it still feels good and providing you use the correct size staples, the thing never jams and always makes the clinch. It takes full strips and has a resonable clearance for the insertion of paper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stapler ever, 31 Jan. 2015
Ms. C. Richmond "Poppy" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This stapler is fantastic as it goes through 20-25 pages, so useful in an office. I did not know what the 'tacking & temporary pinning' function was, but a friend explained that it pushed the staples outwards, for easy removal instead of inwards for secure holding. Useful to have the built in stapler remover, it saves my nails. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great office stapler, 27 May 2013
D. hutchins "Cooking gardener" (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This was a gift for our daughter who was setting up and office at home and she wanted something that looked good, would cope with several sheets of paper and not be too hard to operate. She loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lethal weapon, 26 Jan. 2013
Mr. M. Cross "Charcoal" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
Ever increasing taxes, the continued unrest in worldwide politics, cheating sportsmen who are paid for airtime to discuss their crimes.....these are the things that should annoy me. But no, what really gets my goat is those absolutely stupid plastic staplers that when you attempt to staple two measly pieces of paper just squash the staple in it's mechanism and leave a rectangular imprint on the paper. And no matter how hard you punch those mother of a stapler they're just not worth the cheap labour pennies used to make them.

This Rexel stapler on the other hand is forged from what feels like pure iron and then smelted into a stapler. It's heavy, it's a no fun and games mechanism. You want paper stapled, this puppy will do it whilst laughing at the A4 ream that it punches through. It shows no mercy to what you throw at it and likes to have it's rubber grip stroked as a sign of appreciation after a heavy session of stapling.

Excellent construction means this stapler will probably outlive as all......as long as they continue to make the staples.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›