5.0 out of 5 stars Casio - king of calculators
£4.98 in Staples in August 2009. At that price, no contest.

I still have Casio's that are 30 years old - still going strong. They've not changed much in that time - because they had it right first time around - the key action is perfect and totally reliable.

The natural display is a real step forward though.

Why have I bought new ones...
Published on 31 Aug 2009 by QT

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job. Had to play a bit with the settings to make it work.
I had to buy specifically this calculator for uni, and I wasn't given any other choice. If you do have a choice, buy something else.

It comes by default set up to calculate division which gives the result as fraction. To change it do a decimal form I had to play with the settings for a while.
This is how you fix it: go to set up (press shift, then mode) ,...
Published on 11 May 2012 by Adrian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio - king of calculators, 31 Aug 2009
This review is from: Casio FX 83 ES Calculator (Office Product)
£4.98 in Staples in August 2009. At that price, no contest.

The natural display is a real step forward though.

Why have I bought new ones? The kids need their own now - mine are still going strong and have stood the test of dropping and general use and abuse over a long time.

Down sides? The slide on cover is a little fiddly. I don't think these ones will last 30 years, they don't seem quite so robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 22 Aug 2008
Ms. C. A. Lanzalaco (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio FX 83 ES Calculator (Office Product)
A bargain price for a great calculator that has lasted me long. Great for maths exams. The buttons are very easy to press and read. The calculator is the right size to fit in any regular size pencil case. Made out of good quality materials. I have had the calculator for just over a year a bought it from Staples. Has all the things you need for a maths or science test or exam. Buy it if you would like a great calculator for any functions you wish! Comes with good tips on the calculator case. Eg Statistics and Basic Operations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Sep 2009
R. M. Wareing - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio FX 83 ES Calculator (Office Product)
This calculator is great for anyone starting secondary school, the buttons are easy to understand, and easy to use, it even includes a variety of different settings for different kinds of questions.
I would highly recommend this to anyone starting secondary school.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use with nice big display, 20 Jan 2010
Terrahurtz (Kidlington, Oxon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio FX 83 ES Calculator (Office Product)
This has great functionality for the price and the display is nice and easy to read for eyes that aren't as young as they used to be.
only caveat is that at some point I pressed some button such that simple multiplication involving decimals didn't work any more but just gave me an answer in long division form. I'm not sure how/why it did this and it took much random button pressing to get it back working properly (it's done this twice in first 3 days of having it) but other than that it's fine, as long as this doesn't happen on a regular basis.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary Value, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Casio FX 83 ES Calculator (Office Product)
Covers all of the main functions and probably much more. The display is clear and bright and seems to draw very little power, judging by the very long battery life. The slip-on cover (which probably ought to be described as a clip-on cover) offers hard protection, allowing you to throw the calculator in a bag/briefcase with little concern for what damage keys, etc might do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aid for fractions, 30 Sep 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Casio FX 83 ES Calculator (Office Product)
this calculator was bought for my grandaughter to help her with fractions which she has just started at school.Very pleased that it shows the figures as they would be written,ie,1/2 + 1/2.the one that I have shows the fgures in brackets,more confusing.

4.0 out of 5 stars my calculator, 29 Sep 2010
grant mcnicol (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio FX 83 ES Calculator (Office Product)
This is an excellent calculator,the display is very logical: as if I was writing on a blackboard.The only negative comment is that the operating instructions are quite small,but that's ok.

4.0 out of 5 stars it is whatit is, 30 May 2010
This review is from: Casio FX 83 ES Calculator (Office Product)
it's a good calculator, I got it for it's readability which allows you to write as you would on paper. The instructions tke ages to undertand-best to have someone who knows to explain it to you. Supplier amd delivery fine

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential piece of kit, 3 Jan 2010
Mrs. Elaine Crook (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio FX 83 ES Calculator (Office Product)
I bought this item as an adult returning to college to do my Maths GCSE. The calculator is more than up to the job although both myself and other classmates found it difficult to set up. The maths tutor did this for us and after that I had no further problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Basic and Cheap, 31 Mar 2007
This review is from: Casio FX 83 ES Calculator (Office Product)
Not a bad little calculator - bought mine at Asda for £[...]...Staples sells it for £7.99. It is very basic and when I think of the old TI50 or HP12C calculators and just how cheap this one is, I suppose it is a bargain even if the instruction leaflet is inferior to the booklets more expensive calculators come with

I am going to play with this calculator and reat it as a fun machine. I am pleased with my purchase

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›