5.0 out of 5 stars Very classy fountain pen.
Published on 13 Jun 2012 by CaroleSusan56

3.0 out of 5 stars problems with ink flow
The ink flow is not as good as my other Waterman fountain pen. Maybe I am still not used to it but the ink is oftern intermittent although the nkip, appears on examination to be perfect.

I will persevere.

Cheers

John cowdall
Published 18 months ago by Mr. J. Cowdall

5.0 out of 5 stars Very classy fountain pen., 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: Waterman Carene Amber Lacquer Gold Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen - Gift Boxed (Office Product)
This Waterman Carene Amber Laque fountain pen was purchased for me as a birthday gift by my partner. I looked at a variety of makes and styles before making my choice of pen. I wanted a beautiful pen which, with care, would last a very long time into the future and chose this one because of it's smooth laquered finish and traditional style & shape. Aesthetically, it is a lovely classy pen and totally meets my expectations. It comes with a blue cartridge so it can be used straight away and includes a pen converter so it can also be used with bottled ink. There are some lovely ink colours available and I'd like to try using it with the Waterman brown ink.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, 3 Jan 2011
This pen is a joy to write with. It feels a well made quality product. It is very comfortable to hold and as a left-hander very pleasing. It writes so smoothly I forget it is a fountain pen. I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss in ink, 7 Dec 2012
J. George (Ipswich, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a treat for myself, and for the price I paid, it was an absolute bargain. Every author needs at least one great pen, and I’d recommend this to anyone who loves writing. Shame it doesn’t come with an editing facility …

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterman Carene Medium Nib Gold Trim Fountain Pen, 31 Dec 2012
This really is special! I received this superbly
Constructed fountain pen for Christmas 2012 and will recommend
This product to all lovers of tradition and quality.
The pen feels good and writes smoothly without scratches or weakiness within the nib
. Keith. Thank You

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful product, 15 Jan 2013
A handsome pen with excellent writing quality - and even ink cartridges included! I would recommend this pen to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars carene gift set, 3 Nov 2012
Beautifully crafted pen ink flow exellent .it fits your grip well and is a pleasure to hold.well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to write with., 16 Mar 2013
I'm absolutely delighted with my Waterman Carène. Perfectly balanced, gorgeous inset solid gold nib and the marine amber lacquer is sumptuously executed. I find the pen writes extremely smoothly with almost no feedback from the paper and lays down a generous wet line. I am using Diamine Burnt Sienna ink which matches the pen perfectly for colour and provides excellent flow.

3.0 out of 5 stars problems with ink flow, 24 Feb 2013
Mr. J. Cowdall "John Cowdall" (Chorley Lancashire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

I will persevere.

Cheers

John cowdall

5.0 out of 5 stars Carene fountain pen, 12 May 2013
A fabulous pen, beautiful to look at as well to write with, although I did end up buying a fine nib. I found the medium nib a bit thick.

4.0 out of 5 stars A well crafted and beautiful pen, 10 Nov 2013
This was a birthday present and it arrived exactly on time.

The pen is looks beautiful, is well crafted and comfortable to write. The ink flow could be better; this may improve as I use the pen more and find the best way to hold the pen!