on 31 December 2006
That's why I'm giving it 4 stars. Otherwise a fab wee budget camera. Easy to use (shame you couldn't have all the instructions printed but maybe I'm old fashioned?) but does what most people would need something like this to do. Okay so it doesn't have 101 modes like other more expensive makes/models, but then do you really need them? It has one mode where you can just change virtually every setting to suit your needs. So why be lazy. I like where the buttons are and it's easy to use. You don't have to be a genius to get to grips with this.

It can also shoot in sepia and black and white which again maybe basic but I started on an aps about 8 years ago and such things weren't available then without losing a load of film!

Apart from the grainiess of the screen the only other downside is that the batteries don't last long. So invest in rechargeable ones etc. Otherwise if you're a keen amateur it's going to cost you a fortune!

But that's about it. On the whole a good, basic budget camera which by Pentax whom I've had good compact cameras off in the past.
on 5 March 2009
I bought this about 18 months ago. It wasn't bad for the money - but the flash just stopped working a few weeks ago - so it's heading for the bin, and I'm going to order a finepix