Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

on 30 April 2013
Great DVD, I love Weeds, its the start of my collection and I will be buying more Weeds box sets until I eventually have them all!!!!! :)
on 14 July 2015
Excellent. absorbing drama centred around a young widow and her slightly unrealistic world where she sells dope to pretty much everybody. Not laugh out loud moments like Worst week of My Life for example, but interesting characters.

Note the 18 certificate which is only there because shock! Adults are shown smoking drugs and Government must restrict viewing.
Find her black colleagues difficult to understand at times and enjoyed where a wife shaves her cheating husband's head while he's zonked out with sleeping tablets!
on 18 March 2009
The basic premise, widowed suburban housewife turns pot dealer to make ends, may not sound like comedy gold, but in the hands of these particular writers - and given licence to satirise cross all sorts of normal TV boundaries it succeeds in spades.
Drugs, teenage sex,infidelity, blackmail and straightforward parenting all get explored with a combination of dry wit and near Deadwood levels of fruity language.
Significantly the series also looks at the risks and costs associated with these behaviours. It may portray pot-smoking as a fairly harmless vice in itself but doesn't shirk from the cost of its association with the organised(and shambolic) crime that goes with it.

All told this is a real grower of a series and one watching it soon becomes something of habit.
on 14 December 2014
best season
on 25 December 2013
This is a standard response filler, as I really don't want to go into any detail about why I have rated this product as I have
on 20 April 2015
Weeds season 1-8, starts steady and gets really good but really falls off at the end a bit disappointed at season 8, I think the time hopping didn't help. DOUG WILSON IS EPIC
on 3 May 2013
Brilliant first series, now we are hooked. Good drama and comic parts, can't wait to watch next series. Mary Louise Parker fantastic.
on 17 June 2008
Okay - so I imported this as it interested me. I had never seen Weeds before and was looking to add something different to my Blu-Ray collection.

The item arrived very quickly once I had ordered it from Caiman on Marketplace. I put it in the player and had to wait about 5 minutes (no exaggeration) for the player (a 40GB PAL PS3) to actually acknowledge it, while it made a lot of noises that I can only describe as "struggling". Suddenly a message came on the screen saying content can not be played and displayed an error code - which I foolishly didn't write down. I got a bit worried that my research on whether the title was region free or not had failed, but then I turned off the player and tried again and after a slightly shorter load time it came up with the menu.

All was going great until I got up to about episode 4, when the picture suddenly froze and the player started with the struggling noises again. I got a little worried, wondering whether I would be able to return the item now that it had been opened. Then it suddenly started playing again. Admittedly an amount of the episode had been skipped - I'm unsure how much as I didn't want to bring up the menu incase I crashed it. Again, after this all was going well until I got to episode 8 when halfway through the episode the screen froze again. Following a 5 minute wait for it to pick up again, I gave up as it didn't seem to be doing anything. I will have to try another time in hope that it'll work then.

So - if this is an issue on all the discs then I would be a bit worried. It's quite a serious issue and can seriously disrupt people's viewing. I would warn you to be careful on ordering this if you live in the UK as returning it to the manufacturer in the USA might be troublesome.

As for the content of the discs themselves - I can't fault it. Picture quality is great and colourful, the soundtrack is excellent although sometimes the background music is louder than the episode in which case I have to rush for the remote to turn it down a bit, as to not disturb the neighbours. The programme itself is great for laughs and shock horror, and is a bit random too!

All 10 episodes of the first season on one disc is great as it means you don't need to switch discs after 3 or so episodes. I will certainly be buying the following seasons, providing Lionsgate continue to produce them Region Free as that is the way to go for us here in the ridiculously overpriced and left behind UK. It's discrimination, I tell you!

Please note that the faults in my review may not be the case with all copies of this disc and certainly is not a bad review of the programme itself.
on 1 January 2014
I love this show and was happy to catch up with any episodes I had missed in season 1 cant wait to watch season 2
on 1 September 2013
Very funny series almost as good as breaking bad . Must watch all the rest of the boxed set soon.