5.0 out of 5 stars A "MUST HAVE!" for Crossword fiends & fanatics!
This is now the second time I've purchased this product (the first got lost in transit from Alnmouth to Edinburgh!), and it IS a Godsend for crossword fiends and fanatics! Well worth every penny, and Amazon got it to me within7 working days (there was a weekend in there..)..
Yes, I WILL be using Amazon to purchase this product again, should it become necessary!
Published on 30 May 2011 by Mr.Jeff

Published on 16 Jan 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars great for crossword enthusiasts, not so good for everyday spelling., 16 Jan 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Seiko Oxford English Spell Checker (Office Product)
I bought this spell checker to use with my English class for adults, several of whom are dylexic. I decided to try it out by using the word 'height' and so I typed it as 'hight'. The answer came up 'correctly spelled'. I was baffled, and looked the word up in my Oxford English Dictionary. I found 'hight' the definition of which is given as '(archaic or literary) named: a little pest, hight Tommy Moore.'

Other words produced similar responses - the words are correct but there are so many of them (some of them very obscure) that it is sometimes necessary to scroll through a great many to find the correct spelling of the intended word.

It would be a wonderful tool for a crossword enthusiast, but it is not really very helpful if you don't know how to spell.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "MUST HAVE!" for Crossword fiends & fanatics!, 30 May 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Seiko ER1100 Oxford English Spellchecker, 21 Jun 2007
C. D. Herring - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Oxford English Spell Checker (Office Product)
"Overall a good purshase, all functions work well, a bit of a muddle on getting crossword & anagram options however have got the hang of it quite quickly. ideal for word check, and crosswords. had previous models and rate this the best so far. order recieved within three days, postage bit high."

4.0 out of 5 stars From a puzzle addict, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: Seiko Oxford English Spell Checker (Office Product)
Excellent little gadget for helping to solve crosswords,anagrams and check spellings.The games are quite good too. My granddaughter aged 7 has found it very entertaining.Only complaint is the buttons are rather small.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Seiko Spelling Checker!, 1 Jan 2010
Mrs. P. L. Stopps "Penny Stopps" (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Oxford English Spell Checker (Office Product)
I brought this for my 11yrs dyslexic daughter and it has really made a difference to her English lessons. It is easy to use and I would throughly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spell checker, 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Seiko Oxford English Spell Checker (Office Product)
Very good prompt service. Spell Checker lives up to its Seiko standard, Very good value for the money, recommend for every day use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oxford English Spell Checker, 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: Seiko Oxford English Spell Checker (Office Product)
I bought this product for my husband who was forever asking me "how do you spell......".

This excellent product has stopped all those annoying questions allowing me to get on without interuption with what I am doing. I now find my husband playing the games on it too. A great inexpensive product that will keep you amused for hours and improve your spelling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spell checker, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: Seiko Oxford English Spell Checker (Office Product)
Wouldn't be without my little gizmo so I have bought one for a friend. I'm sure she will be delighted with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon have failed, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Seiko Oxford English Spell Checker (Office Product)
Several buttons need numerous operations to work. I also purchased a Franklin checker at the same time and that is excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Seiko Oxford English Spell Checker (Office Product)
I bought this to replace my old version that was beginning to fail. Thinking that it would be similar, I felt no hesitation in seeking this as a replacement. WRONG!! There have been a number of changes which make this version almost unuseable. The font is unreadable, the function keys are in the wrong place, to name but two. The whole thing seems to haver been changed for the sake of change not to make it better. Suggest that you avoid this product. I have now bought the Collins version - simple, clear and easy to use. Collins highly recommended, Seiko, don't touch with a bargepole!

Seiko Oxford English Spell Checker