4.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Charming
Unmarried thirty-something Beatrix Potter(Renee Zellweger),a talented illustrator and budding author of childrens books finds a publisher in Norman Warne(Ewan Mcgregor)who is enchanted by her work and the rest as they say is history.
Published on 8 Nov 2009 by Mark Pearce

2.0 out of 5 stars A pretty and sweet film, but certainly not the real Beatrix Potters life story - not even close to it.
This is a pretty film and very well made. The cast is good and overall the film in entertaining in its oh so soppy way. However thats all it is - a sweet film. IT IS NOT THE STORY OF BEATRIX POTTER.

It certainly does not tell the tale of Potters life and the story is overly sentimental and does not do justice at all to the real Potter. I think at the...
Published 2 months ago by ms. kit nader

4.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Charming, 8 Nov 2009
This review is from: Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Beautifully realised by Chris Noonan(what has he been doing for the ten years since Babe?)Miss Potter is one of the loveliest films in years.Wonderfully uncondescending script by Richard Maltby and delightfully cast with Zellweger acquitting herself quite well and Ewan McGregor is absolutely first rate as her publisher and erstwhile suitor.
Loses a little in the final act but Andrew Dunn's cinematography is a handsome compensation.Beatrix Potter lovers everywhere must be delighted with this warm and intelligent tribute to a much loved author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything good., 4 Nov 2007
This review is from: Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
If one watches a film and thoroughly enjoys it and then within days watches it again and enjoys it even more, then that must be proof positive of something. To read carping, niggling reviews about a film which is as good as this one, is at first, annoying. How can these negative views be possible? But then one comes back down to earth and remembers that all folk are different. We all see things in different ways. So I will just state my own reaction to this WONDERFUL film. I rate it more than worthy of five stars. I would like to go further and state that I regard it as one of the best films of recent years in every way. I believe all the performances are excellent but especially Renee and Ewen. The depth of emotion portrayed was extremely moving and to use an old expression- heart warming. Technically also, the film is very good. The music, the editing, and the photography, are all excellent.And as a friend said to me before I had any knowledge of the film "You must see this lovely film, It is delightful" and that says it all....

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful Film, 5 Oct 2009
C. Quinn "Stiggpots" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
This highly under rated film will bring great joy and tears to anyone with a heart. Thoroughly enjoyable, Renée Zellweger is a joy as Beatrix Potter the children's author who has brought joy to countless children over the years. Her drawings and water colours brought to life literally! Ewan McGregor also gives a good performance but it is Renée Zellweger who makes it magical.
My only wish is that the film was longer to include more of what Beatrix Potter did for the Lake District.

5.0 out of 5 stars DELIGHTFUL!!!, 6 Nov 2010
Msbarbaraoliver (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
What an absolutely delightful film! I grew up with Peter Rabbit and Mrs Tiggywinkle but did not realize what a wonderful and benevolent person Beatrix Potter was, A really beautiful story ,beautifuly acted out by Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor (wasn't the rabbit family's neighbour called Mr McGregor who chased poor Peter into the prickely bushes?And i undestand from Mrs Rabbit that Mrs McGregor cooked Peter's father in a pie!!!) I wonder if Ewan was picked for that reason!...being named McGregor i mean not for cooking rabbit pies!) This film made me laugh one minuet and cry the next so beautiful and the landscapes were stunning! Simply breathtaking!!! I will watch this film time and again and have already recomended it to all my friends and family. DELIGHTFUL!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantatsic (Not what i was expecting), 16 April 2007
P. Lycett "omd81" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
When my girlfriend said lets go the cinema, I thought great time to catch Casino Royal or Rocky Balboa, but no she had Miss Potter in mind, to say I wasn't impressed with this idea would be a understatement, but as I sat there with my popcorn and large coke ready for a kip I was very very surprised with what I saw. A brilliant film from start to finish, definitely a chick flick but never the less I found myself enjoying this film and would have happily watched it again (had my popcorn been refreshed)!

Renee Zellweger is unrecognisable as an American as she makes this film quintessentially English. The scenery is fantastic and there is a certain magic about this film that you just can't help feeling. I highly recommend this to anyone!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Potter DVD - great lazy day viewing, 30 Jan 2011
Mrs. A. Stewart "sunshine01620026" (Renfrewshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I loved this dvd as it is so innocent and easy to watch. I have always loved Beatrix Potter and her fantastic drawings so when I caught the tail end of this film on tv, I decided to buy the dvd.
The only one criticism I have is that some of the "Lake District" is not actually where you think it is........for those in the know, Ben Lomond in Scotland is clear for all to see in the final scenes where Beatrix and her future hubby are walking! I think the Lake District has enough of its own stunning views without having to film on location in Scotland claiming to be the Lakes! Lol - brilliant otherwise!

5.0 out of 5 stars enthralling, 8 Dec 2010
This review is from: Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
A beautifully presented Victorian-style story with excellent acting, direction, scenery,costumes,a very nuanced script
and one of the most beautiful and delicate romantic scenes I have ever seen in a film set to incredibly memorable music.
An uplifting delight of a film with many serious social undertones. Worth watching just to see what this author did for England - but
also worth watching for the sheer magnificence of it.
An absolute bargain!

4.0 out of 5 stars A delight!, 11 Jun 2009
This review is from: Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Having just returned from the Lake District and a visit to Beatrix Potter's Hilltop house, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy or rent this movie, get a bucket of popcorn & enjoy !!, 5 Dec 2007
This review is from: Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I love this film !! I was very dubious at first and waited ages after renting it before I watched - but what a waste ! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

The landscapes are breathtaking, costumes accurate and even the attitudes of people in that time seemed to be captured correctly.

I never read Beatrix Potter's books as a child, but thought that the story of her life was wonderful, if not very sad at points.

She was far more than an author & a remarkable woman for that time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bunnies with jackets and brass buckles, 19 April 2007
This review is from: Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I don't want to 'Rabbit'(!) on about how much I enjoyed Miss Potter but I thoroughly recommend watching this movie! It's an enchanting tale of the loves and life of Beatrix Potter set within fabulous scenery of the Lake District. I watched it with my mate 'Weeble' who kept on bursting into tears and he is a 37 year old grown man! Hope you enjoy this as much as I did........

Miss Potter [DVD] [2006]
Miss Potter [DVD] [2006] by Chris Noonan (DVD - 2007)
3.80