5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic clippers, great price.
Published on 10 Dec 2010 by lmb1510

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer my babyliss
I decided to try a Wahl after ten years using a babyliss, it was time for a replacement.
The Wahl clipper feels well built the clipper is good but the attachments are of poor quality, I have my doubts if this product will last as long as my old clipper kit.

Published on 30 Jan 2012 by R Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic clippers, great price., 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: Wahl 79400-800 Colour Pro Coded Mains Hair Clipper Kit (Personal Care)
I've been cutting my own and my kids hair for over 16 years and until 3 years ago I've always used Wahl clippers. My last Wahl set got broken during a house move and I had to buy some replacements so I bought an expensive set of Remmington ceramic rechargeable clippers (which I've always had to use plugged into the mains charger as the battery can't power the blades on it's own, also they have never really been able to cut my eldest son's thick hair without a lot of snagging and swearing). I have now got round to replacing these truly awful and next to useless ceramic clippers with the best Wahl clippers I've ever owned.
Great feel, weight and perfectly balanced. Yes they vibrate quite a bit but all Wahl clippers do due to the design of the shunt motor. The colour coded combs are a good idea and should make it easier to remember who has what length on which bit as they don't like to have the same style. Very powerful and quiet compared to some clippers I've heard. They'll cut the finest or thickest hair without any problems and they should last a lifetime (unless a removal man drops them down a flight of stairs and smashes the blades).
If you want a fantastic pair of clippers at a great price that will last for ages, then you can't go wrong with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wahl clippers, professional opinion, 31 Aug 2012
Rebecca Blood (Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am a professional hairdresser and i have bought these clippers, they are excellent value for money, i love the co;our coded guards, and that you get ear guards, eyebrow guards, cape and plenty of other accessories. Overall great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin!, 7 Jun 2009
L. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
Wahl's reputation for good quality hair clippers is maintained with this one. Some might think that the colour coded combs is a gimmick but, having once done my husband with 1/8" instead of 1/4", I fully appreciate it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy and efficient, 11 Sep 2012
BJB (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
Bought these for the dog and the boyfriend. Worked superbly on both. Dog looks slightly better than the boyfriend. Quiet, efficient and feel very well made. Outstanding price.

5.0 out of 5 stars fine trimmer, 9 Jun 2011
Complete, good feel, works fine! Pity though, it has been sent with an UK-plug to the continent... Amazon, you could surprise your customers above expectation: add a choice of plug option for all electronics (or a standard multiplug).

5.0 out of 5 stars Snip Snip Whirrrrrrr, 29 July 2011
Farrell Butcher "Toyah Fan" (Chorley, England) - See all my reviews
Very quick delivery from supplier. As always a superb quality product. This is my wifes 3rd one now. She won't use anything else! Comes complete with everything you need and is packaged into a handy plastic carry case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent clippers., 11 July 2011
After rubbish clippers for years, (name usually rhyming with bemmington...) these clippers are a breath of fresh...hair! Get it? Hair?... anyway, yes they do cost a little more but they are so robust and have a nice weight to them giving you confidence that they are of sound quality. Me and my boys all use these clippers and we each have a colour that we know is ours, as each colour represents a different length.

All in all these are excellent clippers, sturdy and feel like the will last ages.

There is a downside and that is the vibrations. Used for any length of time you will get that numbness in your hand/fingers due to the vibrations. However I only get this if I am cutting all three of our heads one after another, so say about 15-20 minutes continuous usage. I still would recommend this product though. 5/5 from me.

Oh, and sorry about the bad joke...I just can hair-lp myself!

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer my babyliss, 30 Jan 2012

The attachment combs are definantly more flimsy than my old babyliss, the comb teeth does not keep in line while cutting my hair, the teeth move so one gap is wider than another, not a major problem, but it feels like the comb attachment will break as there is no rigidity in it at all.

I would give four stars for the clipper and one star for the attachments, but I can't. The storage box hinge looks and feels weak too, I don't expect the storage box to last for long.

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, 15 Jan 2010
C. Comploi - See all my reviews
My first set of clippers
Used this item once so far. Got someone to give me a trim and had good results.
The weight made it seem like it wasn't too cheaply built and all the attachments were easily identifiable

Did not cut lines into my skin except a couple of small marks
When I use this myself I will get a better feel of how good this will be, long term

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a hot knife through butter!, 10 Feb 2012
My little boy hates having his hair cut. The clippers I used to use took ages to cut his hair and extended the misery for him. I had to go over the same hair over and over again. A Hair Stylist recommended Wahl clippers to me so I bought these. I was stunned by the difference. They cut his fine hair with incredible speed. I wish I had known about these before. The range of different coloured length attachments are great. It feels like a great quality gadget. I recommend it to anyone who wants great and quick cutting.