5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic clippers, great price.
Published on 10 Dec. 2010 by lmb1510

1.0 out of 5 stars ... score an item low just because I have nothing better to do
I am not the type of person to write a review or score an item low just because I have nothing better to do. For the last decade I have cut my own hair and have the cutters on the lowest setting. These are the worst item I have ever bought, noisy, heavy and more importantly they do not cut my hair properly. In a single pass over my head they leave tram lines of missed and...
Published 1 month ago by Damian Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic clippers, great price., 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Wahl 79400-800 Colour Pro Coded Mains Hair Clipper Kit (Personal Care)
I've been cutting my own and my kids hair for over 16 years and until 3 years ago I've always used Wahl clippers. My last Wahl set got broken during a house move and I had to buy some replacements so I bought an expensive set of Remmington ceramic rechargeable clippers (which I've always had to use plugged into the mains charger as the battery can't power the blades on it's own, also they have never really been able to cut my eldest son's thick hair without a lot of snagging and swearing). I have now got round to replacing these truly awful and next to useless ceramic clippers with the best Wahl clippers I've ever owned.
Great feel, weight and perfectly balanced. Yes they vibrate quite a bit but all Wahl clippers do due to the design of the shunt motor. The colour coded combs are a good idea and should make it easier to remember who has what length on which bit as they don't like to have the same style. Very powerful and quiet compared to some clippers I've heard. They'll cut the finest or thickest hair without any problems and they should last a lifetime (unless a removal man drops them down a flight of stairs and smashes the blades).
If you want a fantastic pair of clippers at a great price that will last for ages, then you can't go wrong with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wahl clippers, professional opinion, 31 Aug. 2012
Rebecca Blood (Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am a professional hairdresser and i have bought these clippers, they are excellent value for money, i love the co;our coded guards, and that you get ear guards, eyebrow guards, cape and plenty of other accessories. Overall great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin!, 7 Jun. 2009
L. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
Wahl's reputation for good quality hair clippers is maintained with this one. Some might think that the colour coded combs is a gimmick but, having once done my husband with 1/8" instead of 1/4", I fully appreciate it!

5.0 out of 5 stars They're a snip!, 31 May 2014
Used to crop my own hair all the time, but when my last clippers died after years of use and abuse I started going to the barbers, can't begin to think how much I must have spent doing that! Anyway, other half suggested I buy a new set and there was only one choice of brand, had to be Wahl, used others in the past and they just don't come close to the reliability and performance of Wahl. So, brand picked but what model to go for, like being a kid in a sweet shop so it was. In the end after reading numerous reviews I opted for these, you get what you pay for, even with a good brand like Wahl, so I wasn't going to pay for a bottom end product that wouldn't last, similarly I couldn't justify paying top end money for what I needed so it was a hunt to find a middle of the road set at the best price. And this model was my choice. For me, there's probably more accessories than i'll ever use (I crop my hair to a No1), but they come in a protective carry case and the guide combs are colour coded so it saves me the hassle of searching for the one I need, straight to the red eevery time. As an added bonus they aren't as dull looking as the run of the mill black( which may, along with coloured guide combs, be useful if a parent is cutting a reluctant child's hair as they don't appear so foreboding) and are also very comfortable to hold. They aren't overly noisy and don't weigh too much either. Overall, I like them, and for the money I think they are well worth it. Bought through Amazon but from a third party, free delivery and less than Amazon were asking. Happy days, off to cut my hair now :-).

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in the USA, 19 April 2011
This is a very preliminary review of this as I've only had it a day so far.

If you were trying to find a cheap Wahl clipper not made in China, this is it! The body of the clipper, bottom blade and combs all have made in USA on them. The only thing in the whole kit that has made in China on it is the cape.

NB: The left/right combs and carry case don't say where they were made, but I suspect China because they have a lower quality feel to them.

The clipper runs very smoothly and is quieter than my old Wahl clipper.

The body of the clipper is sculpted nicely and is comfortable to hold. It looks like it might be a rubberised grip in the photos, but its just coloured plastic.

The only negatives I can find so far are: The carry case seems to be very poor quality, but it still does its job. Some of the combs are quite hard to fit to the clipper (requiring some force), but this only affects some not all. The smooth contoured body of the clipper fits great in the hand when it's dry, but if you get greasy hands half way through cutting you may end up dropping it.

If the made in USA stamps can be trusted, hopefully this will last as long as my old USA made Wahl clipper (i.e. 15 yrs).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value...pays for itself in a month, 6 Jan. 2013
Was toying with the idea of forking out more for a cordless model, but then thought when am I likely to want to cut my hair when not within a few feet of a power socket, so went for this one.

It has everything in it you could possibly need, 8 different lengths of guide combs, 3 attachments for cutting around ears, one for eyebrows, comb and scissors and a couple of hair clips, all fitting in a handy neat plastic storage box.

After watching a couple of Wahl training videos online, I was given my first haircut last night, not just a trim, and I think the result is the same as I get at my local barber. So well done wife and well done Wahl......very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy and efficient, 11 Sept. 2012
BJB (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
Bought these for the dog and the boyfriend. Worked superbly on both. Dog looks slightly better than the boyfriend. Quiet, efficient and feel very well made. Outstanding price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job brilliantly, 11 April 2013
Excellent clipper, easy to use. Was surprised to read from other reviewers that the clipper was noisy, as it was much less noisier from other clippers I had in the past. Well manufactured, robust and not cheap looking (despite its price) it does the job perfectly. Loved the color-coded combs, they were really helpful. Doing the hair of my 5-year old son, whose hair had grown to over 8-9 cms, the clipper did the job without a glitch and without any tangling or pulling. For the hubby, the neck contouring without any comb on was a piece of cake, fast and neat, with no irritation on the skin. I definitely recommend, a brilliant product at an excellent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wahl 79400-800, 13 Aug. 2011
I love this thing!

I love the colour coding and of course the machine works well.

I have had it for months now and do not regret buying it. My hair was getting thin in places therefore instead of going into a depression because some of my hair had decided it had had enough,I sheer it off. A previous machine I had was torture as it nipped all the time - I think it was made in China - so I had to get rid of the torturous device.

Conclusion if you are thinking on getting the Wahl 79400-800 go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars thinning on top, 10 Jan. 2014
My hair is thinning on top so I just do the 3mm or grade 1 all over. Where I am thinning the crown at the back of my head there is a small section of hair that take's forever to cut and blend in with the rest of my hair I have struggled with various clippers going in different directions to cut it in order to make my hair looks even. I brought these clippers due to the reviews from this site and I was not disappointed they cut my hair like a knife through butter in very little time I am very very pleased :-)