on 17 January 2008
I really did my research before I purchased this machine as I wanted the convenience of a bean to cup machine without comprimising on the quality of the coffee produced. I got this with the Saeco Talea Touch. The Talea range also has the advantage of the milk island accessory which takes the headache out of frothing the milk. The touch screen interface makes using this machine incredibly simple but also allows a great deal of control over how your coffee is brewed. This is one of the few machines that allows you to vary the dose of the coffee (optidose) which in my view is a standout feature. The standard settings produce a fairly weak brew, but increase the pre-brew strength and the coffee dose and it transforms the result. This produces the best coffee I have experienced outside of Italy, with an intense flavour yet smooth without any hint of bitterness. You can change every aspect of the process to tailor it to your own taste, including the temperature, volume of water used, use beans or pre-ground coffee, the choice is yours.

A first class machine - worth every penny (that's what I keep telling the wife!)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again