4.0 out of 5 stars Teether Toy Trials

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product
Published 8 days ago by Lorraine

4.0 out of 5 stars Teether Toy Trials, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nuby Bug a Loop Teether (Baby Product)
I quite liked this little teether toy, it is currently on sale on the Nuby website for £2.99 (a bargain if you ask me) and I know it is currently on sale in the Boots buy one get one half price on Nuby products. I've also seen it on the shelves in Asda so definitely not hard to track down for your little one. It's normal price is £3.99. It is a ring about 5" in diameter of different silicone beads. Some are shaped like bugs, hence the name, others are normal shape but textured. Oliver had a chew on all of the different ones and found a favourite texture for his gums very quickly.

The teether toy is not very big and at only 13 weeks and 13 lbs Oliver is able to hold it, even if he can't guide it quite to his mouth as yet. So we still have a job for mummy to do. The guide is for 4+ months but with supervision today Oliver has been fine with this toy and has quite enjoyed chewing on it. We have had a little less dribble and not as much commotion from his teeth hurting. I think the extra month may just mean that he can hold it to his mouth himself and can fit the teething nubs into his mouth a little easier.

The toy has very good reviews and is always raved about on the Nuby Facebook page and after today I can see why. It is nice and bright, soft enough that when a baby bites down with gums it doesn't hurt but hard enough to give that soothing feeling. It is also flexible and easy for a baby to move about. Oliver seems to favour the round red bead but with all the different textures I am certain that dependant on which bit of his gum is hurting at the time they will all have their uses. One thing I am contemplating doing is using a toy strap to attach it to his car seat so we always have it with us. Other than the fact it doesn't have its own loop to attach to prams and car seats I can't fault this product and for that I am giving it a 4 out of 5 star rating.
Summary: I would recommend for any babies (with supervision)

5.0 out of 5 stars charlie loves it!, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Nuby Bug a Loop Teether (Baby Product)
My grandson is teething and it always looking for things to put in his mouth for a relieving chew! This teether is ideal. It's small enough for him to handle and the different textures of the beads interest him and give him something to really grip on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Nuby Bug a Loop Teether (Baby Product)
My baby has always preferred this teether to others, since he was around 4 months old. He's 8 months now and still uses this teether a lot. The different sized bugs means that he can choose the right one to target the pain - it's very cute watching him studying it for a while before deciding which one is most suited to that particular sore area!

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Nuby Bug a Loop Teether (Baby Product)
Colourful, cherry wee toy great for little hands and mouths, provides much comfort as my lo chews on it and keeps him amused

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab teether product, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nuby Bug a Loop Teether (Baby Product)
This is a fantastic teething ring with textured rubbery beads for baby to chew on. It is perfect for little hands to hold and is great for taking out and about with us. My baby loves it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product, 12 Dec 2014
This review is from: Nuby Bug a Loop Teether (Baby Product)
Although this looks colorful, I found the parts on this teether too large for a baby to get in its mouth. The parts were also very awkward in shape. Additionally, this item in general is very clompy, so when I laid my Son in his chair reclined he continually smacked himself with it. I know this product gets a good rating, but I am afraid it failed on several levels for me, owing to all the nuances explained. I only gave it three stars because it looked fun and colorful :-( Would not recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Nuby Bug a Loop Teether (Baby Product)
Bought this after seeing it on another child and my son loves it.... Lovely range of things to chew and quite easy for small chubby hands to grip...

3.0 out of 5 stars looks nice but jot practical for little mouths., 22 May 2014
This review is from: Nuby Bug a Loop Teether (Baby Product)
Disappointed in this teether. The insects are very cute and look nice but my 7month old can't use it as it was intended as the bugs are too big and oddly shaped to fit in a little mouth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuby Bug a Loop Teether, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Nuby Bug a Loop Teether (Baby Product)
Very coloful and bright. my son loves to chew on this teether for hours. Easy for little ones to hold and good for all the different textures and shapes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Teether, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Nuby Bug a Loop Teether (Baby Product)
My son loves this he will chew on it for ages, is really helping with his teething, I don't really like the winged bugs on it though.

Nuby Bug a Loop Teether