5.0 out of 5 stars So relieved.
So, i've had a sneaky listen of the album and I was so glad with the final product. Now being a huge fan I was concerned that through time the band would conform, like a whole heap of other bands, and 'go pop'. However, Killswitch have retained their integrity and produced an album that is inspiring and memorable. I am a big fan of riff driven songs, and decent breakdowns...
Published on 29 Oct 2006 by Mr. T. P. Greenwood

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much Sepultura style singing...
Published on 30 Aug 2011 by Mr. P. Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 10 Sep 2007
The special edition version of this album ROCKS! The DVD comes with tons of Bonus stuff! Well worth buying!

The album is breathtaking with some amazing songs such as Arms Of Sorrow & My Curse & Holy Diver!

10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, wow and wow, 8 Sep 2007
I was headbanging and screaming all the way through it. I love the dvd and think that My curse is an amazing video. I give them 1000/1000 for the special and non special edition. Rock on!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Their Best Yet, 9 Dec 2006
S. A. Mellor (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: As Daylight Dies (Audio CD)
Truly an amazing album, their best to date and easily the best metal album of 2006, bar none (and that's including 'blood mountain'). Can't wait for their next one.......................

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Nov 2014
great

5.0 out of 5 stars Reject yourself, but not this album..., 18 April 2007
This review is from: As Daylight Dies (Audio CD)
I've only recently got into KSE, as I only started listening to metal about 3 years ago. I was introduced to bands like Slipknot and SOAD, but I must say, I am so glad I bought this album, it rocks...HARD!

From the word 'go' this album hits you straight in the face, all the way from beginning to end. Must hear tracks are: 'This Is Absolution', 'My Curse', 'Still Beats Your Name', 'Eye Of The Storm' and 'Reject Yourself'.

But the other tracks are all good within their own right; for example, the brutal 'For You' is laced with loads of time signature changes, yet still retains all that heaviness. Just give the album a listen all the way through and you'll see what I mean. I don't actually have any other KSE albums, but I'm gonna get them all now, as this is a metal masterpiece.

If you want a metal album that's full of aggression, but with meaningful and passionate lyricism, and s**t hot musicianship, then this is a MUST HAVE!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 14 Jan 2008
Lavinia Finch (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: As Daylight Dies (Audio CD)
the best metal album i own. the guitar riffs are melodic and great vocals to go with that. its mind blowing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woooooh!, 26 Jan 2007
This review is from: As Daylight Dies (Audio CD)
Man what an albumn, Not gonna bang on about YEH YEH buy this album and YEH MAN ITS WICKED coz if your a true fan of Killswitch...you dont need to hear 1 song of this album to make your mind up...if your not really that keen on them but wanna try it out...F*?!***G go for it....THIS IS ABSOLUTION!!!!!!!!! WHAT A SONG!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much Sepultura style singing..., 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: As Daylight Dies (Audio CD)
Killswitch engage was a bit of a disappointment. I mean I did like Pantera back in the day, and they are like a carbon copy, with a touch of faith no more and megadeth guitar work. I was never into Sepultura because you couldn't understand a word they were saying, maybe it was the Portuguese/Brazilian?? For me, in summary really good guitar and half of the singing is good, whether it's a different singer (like Linkin Park) or the same one before and after Dr Jeckel's potion I haven't researched, but the samy I can't hear what you're saying cos you're clearly possessed-type singing almost ruins it for me. Ok every now and then, but it's on virtually all their tracks. That might be their thing, just not mine, maybe I'm too old now....

Wish I'd listened to some tracks before taking the plunge. My friend who told me about Killswitch also said Alter Bridge and Coheed and Cambria I DO recommend those, esp AB.

3.0 out of 5 stars download/cd, 23 Sep 2009
could anyone tell me if this is actually a cd or just downloads? if it just downloads then how do you do this?

As Daylight Dies
As Daylight Dies by Killswitch Engage (Audio CD - 2006)