Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 7 December 2006
I love this CD so much that I've started driving the long way home from work so I can listen to as much of it as possible every time i'm in the car. It's awesome.

I had never heard anything by The Glimmers before so didn't really know what to expect when I popped it in the stereo, but it was ok, right from the opening track by Roxy Music I was hooked. I haven't heard anything as cool as this before. It's a beautifully mixed mish-mash of 80's, house, techno, shouty indie and spacey reggae beats. Throw in a few wierd acapellas, a bit of Freddie Mercury and loads of big fuzzy bass and you have a quite outstanding compilation. It's similar in style to Fabric 9: Jacques Lu Cont (which is excellent) but a little more adventurous. A must for any fan of underground electronic music.

Like this? Try: DJ Kicks: The Glimmers
on 13 December 2006
I popped this CD on in the car this morning and then couldn't get out until I had fully checked all the beatz.

It starts with a great Gimmers remix (so credit goes there for good studio work) and continues to be a great journey of retro electro. I think track 3 is the old ski Sunday music which is still one of the best bits of electronic music of all time. Towards the end there is a great 70's bit of dub and then Howie B gives a bit of ragga type stuff in one of his tracks. Cool CD. Like it a lot.
on 23 January 2015