5.0 out of 5 stars Take That.. Who Else !!!
I bought this DVD for my wife for Valentine Day .We are both 75 years old But young in heart and this DVD is our kind of music! we boh thoroughly enjoyed it and we are sure it will be played over and over again.Ron and Betty.
Published on 11 Mar 2009 by Mr. Rc Newsome

3.0 out of 5 stars Take That Ultimate Tour DVD
Having watched the most brilliant show in Newcastle I couldn't wait to get hold of the show on DVD. What a disappointment! The sound is poor and the editing is horrendous - 3 seconds on the boys, 5 seconds of the crowd, 3 seconds of the band, back to the boys etc.

Published on 4 July 2007 by AJ Sampson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Take That.. Who Else !!!, 11 Mar 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunning, 23 Oct 2006
This review is from: Take That - The Ultimate Tour (Limited Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
I went to this gig, taking my rather excited girlfriend along. Though not myself a fan of Take That, I was absolutely blown away by the sheer brilliance of the whole show, the lights, the costumes, the technical wizardry, the songs, the originality of it all. If you were there yourself, this will make every hair on the back of your neck stand on end. Even if you hate Take That, I defy you to watch this and not admit that it was a damn good show. Outstanding.

3.0 out of 5 stars Take That Ultimate Tour DVD, 4 July 2007
AJ Sampson - See all my reviews

The fact in was filmed in Manchester meant we didn't get to see Mark sing along to all the camera phones alight, or see the Beatles Medley done up high. And worst of all the DVD doesn't show the complete concert.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for thatters, 17 Jan 2007
Adam Field "Psychology Student" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my wife for xmas over the DVD of the album and i'm glad that i did. it contains the full concert together with backstage bits and extras as well as an additional CD of live tracks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment value, 5 Jan 2007
A. C. Palma (Portugal) - See all my reviews
After attending the concert in Glasgow, I was dying to get my hands on this DVD and re-live this amazing show! Well, now I have it and it's complete with a few bonus documentaries and the understage action. The show is, of course, a bit different in a stadium, and Sure was cut for some unknown reason, but other than that ist's a perfect DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take That - The Ultimate Tour DVD, 23 Oct 2006
Absolutely fantastic DVD. Best one yet in my opinion. Jammed packed with memories and so many extras. Even if you're not a die hard fan, the tour is a fantastic show and mesmerising. I saw them three times during the ultimate tour and I've still found stuff that I'd not seen on the tour, on the DVD. You can't take it all in so having it on screen at home is great. It's brilliant. I want to go again though now...

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 22 Nov 2006
Completely fabulous, stupendous, wonderous concert and the DVD will allow it to live forever!

One complaint and one suggestion however -

Haven't editors/directors got over the need to have a different image every 2 seconds? It is SSSSOOOO last century guys. Particularly during It Only Takes a Minute - God let us see that fabulous dancing, it doesn't need cameramen on acid to enhance it. LESS IS MORE!

I would have loved it if a camera had followed each of the fab four throughout the concert, and so you could pick which one to follow throughout as an extra. A bit like the playercam on Sky Sports or the camera that concentrated on David Gilmour hands during one of his gigs for those who play the guitar. Too late now, but it would have compensated for everything missed during the stupid camera whizzing (in truth I just want to watch Gary for 2 hours!).

I would just also like to thank the thousands of true fans who kept the faith throughout the missing decade, and making the concert so brilliant.

BUY THIS DVD FOR YOUR OWN SANITY!!! Bring on the new CD, I CAN'T WAIT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could it be magic again? - yes it can., 15 Mar 2009
This is an excellent dvd for fans new and old.
Only one disappointment is that Sure isn't on it for some reason, which is a great shame as it's one of the big numbers of the show. It is mixed with a Gorillaz track.
Otherwise, very good value for money.
Lots of extras, including a very interesting piece about how the show was put together.
Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it was magic!, 2 Nov 2006
Veronica (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have been waiting for this DVD with great excitement ever since I saw Take That at Wembley arena in May this year - and believe me, it was worth the wait. The lads are looking gorgeous and sounding even better than before, the songs are as excellent as they always were, and everything about the performance is absolutely sensational.

I really liked how the DVD gave me chance to see more of the `whole performance' than I was able to see at the actual gig I went to. The DVD includes shots from all directions, looking down on the stadium from cameras up in the sky, looking out at the audience, focussing on different dancers on the stage and, of course, shots of Take That from all directions, which cannot be a bad thing! :-)

My favourite songs and performances on the DVD are Pray, Today I've Lost You, A Million Love Songs, the Beatles Medley songs, How Deep is Your Love, Relight My Fire, Back For Good and Never Forget, but the others are great as well. The lads sing live and there is no doubting that they all have fabulous voices, particularly (for me) Gary and Howard. I've got to say that having Never Forget as the final song was an inspired choice, to see so many people's hands waving in the air during the `Never' and `Someday' words of the songs brought back so many memories and made me feel quite emotional!

This DVD is totally uplifting. Take That make pure, unashamedly excellent pop music, the likes of which I don't think we've seen again since their break-up 10 years ago. I could watch the DVD again and again - and, to be honest, I've probably watched it about 10 times since I bought it on its release day. The extras are also top-quality, there's a lovely mini-documentary that's over half an hour long that focuses on how they put the tour together and shows clips of them rehearsing and making decisions about what to put in their concerts. There is another mini-documentary about the fans that is also very good, plus a stage tour by Mark. Finally, there is another bonus feature of understage action, showing the lads changing costumes between each song, which includes Gary uttering the inadvertently hilarious line `I like a nice breeze, I do'. The DVD also comes with a CD of some live songs from the concert.

(One small gripe was the fact that the performance of `Sure' isn't included, although I remember them singing it at the concert I went to. I can only assume it wasn't included due to copyright issues because it was mixed with another song (Dirty Harry by the Gorillaz, I think)...but never mind, the rest more than makes up for it).

Overall, I think you can tell I loved this DVD. Gary, Howard, Jason and Mark seem to be enjoying themselves so much, and this, combined with the fantastic songs, make their performance irresistible. If you're a Take That fan, then what are you waiting for? Buy this!

P.S - Can't wait for the new album and single to be released in November!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Thatters!, 2 July 2009
K. L. Beeden (uk) - See all my reviews
Top notch entertainment as always from the DVD of Take That's comeback tour. Lots of the hits to sing along to, and for anyone who saw the comeback tour, buy this DVD,put it on and relive the magic!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›