5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for 'Angel'; the other tracks will grow on you.
The first track (Angel) is, in my opinion, brilliant. You may not like it, so see it (the video) yourself on: [...]
Published on 23 Nov 2006 by Mister G

3.0 out of 5 stars Terribly over engineered.
The children have exquisite voices marred by the heavily engineered effects to create a deep harmony sound. It really is noticeable on a better stereo system, may not be as bad on a consumer level system, but using reference speakers and a valve amp really highlights, unfortunately, the heavy handed sound "enhancements".
Would have liked to have heard Angelis in a...
Published on 27 Oct 2012 by D. LEONG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for 'Angel'; the other tracks will grow on you., 23 Nov 2006
Mister G (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Angelis (Audio CD)
I bought the album having heard that track, without looking to see what else was on the album. When I saw what the other tracks were, my heart sank ('Somewhere over the Rainbow', for God's sake! Who wants to listen to that? I thought that the album comprised other contemporary songs like 'Angel'). Well, now I love that track - it is a beautiful arrangement, with excellent harmonies. Likewise 'O Holy Night', and 'Morning has broken' (as I name those songs, I can see why my heart sank - they sound as if they would only appeal to those over 60 and people who go to church every week).

Incidentally, the last thing I am is religious. Or old. I just used to be a Head chorister, and have a very broad taste in music (primarily rock & pop - certainly not classical).

In short, this is in my opinion an excellent album. It is worth buying for 'Angels' alone - Simon Cowell himself said that that track makes him feel that 'everything is suddenly right in the world'... 'it completely relaxes me - I love it'. (See his interview at:
[...]

Incidentally, the first few people to review this album on Amazon did so before it was released. I can never understand people who do that - how can you write an honest and accurate review of something that you have not seen or heard?

5.0 out of 5 stars magnificent, 24 Jan 2008
DT (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angelis (Audio CD)
I felt I had to post to counter the handful of inexplicably negative comments. This album contains some absolute gems. My system is a recently acquired Bose "Acoustic Wave" - the sound quality is sensational. Don't get me wrong, not every track hits the button, but three or four are absolutely outstanding. A "must buy" cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars This album should be sold with a sachet of hot chocolate!, 22 Nov 2006
This review is from: Angelis (Audio CD)
This album is musical meditation - shut the world out for forty minutes, settle down with your favourite cuppa, and let your mind rest in it's beauty...

4.0 out of 5 stars Like that? Then you may like this..., 29 Nov 2009
Cheshire Dave (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Angelis (Audio CD)
Like Angelis? Try Vox Angeli.
My wife 100% loves the Angelis album. It always helps her get to sleep - in a good way - but after a year and 300 plays, it reached a point where she would be asleep withing 60 seconds of playing it! Who needs sleeping pills? Anyway... why no second album from Angelis?
I was casting around for more to feed her addiction as a forthcoming present. And I found it - Vox Angeli, from France. Very similar in concept (compare the 2 CD covers) but the French voices are slightly more to the fore, from memory, and a little less well-trained, but that's also in a good way. The voices are also more simply backed, with piano well to the fore, rather than the voices being lost in a sonic string synthesiser echoey soup.The French language, for me, adds to the overall experience rather than detracts. Vox Angeli have two CDs available - at decent prices if you look around Amazon's sub-shops. And I think a 3rd one is on the way - already available as a download. Let's hope she likes them.

5.0 out of 5 stars angelis, 19 Nov 2006
This review is from: Angelis (Audio CD)
I think that there is no better discription then angelic voices. The whole album is great, an excellent way to relax and forget all that surrounds you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 1 Jan 2008
This review is from: Angelis (Audio CD)
One word, beautiful! There are no least favourite songs on this album, they are all magical!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 16 Sep 2007
A. Taylor (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angelis (Audio CD)
I have never been interested in this sort of music in any way until i picked up the album in a shop one day and thought this looks boring. I went home and forgot about it until i went on the internet and saw the website, went to it saw Cowell give his speech looked about found "Angel" loved it, listened to other tracks on the net and immediately went out and bought it. I have never regretted it and love it to this day. I think the previous reviewer should have done the same as me before buying it. The only thing that annoys me is that these kids had talent and Cowell made his money and has ignored their potential. Well that about sums him up i suppose. Thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angelis CD, 17 Nov 2006
This review is from: Angelis (Audio CD)
I have just purchased the new CD by Angelis. What terrific music. For once I can hear all the words to their songs which is great. Purchase this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vocal Groups, 22 April 2009
Fred C. Wilkerson "Fred Wilkerson" (Vermont, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angelis (Audio CD)
These young adults, along with their music directors, are outstanding! What a sound! Goes very well with Libera, my favorite group, and Celtic Women. Thanks to all involved with getting this group known. Fred

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 18 Nov 2006
This review is from: Angelis (Audio CD)
The music is so pure and simple. It is a brilliant album and we all loved it. Well worth buying for Christmas.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Angelis
Angelis by Angelis (Audio CD - 2006)