5.0 out of 5 stars Get the right paper for the job
Published on 27 Nov 2009 by Marcel

2.0 out of 5 stars HP Premium paper 100 x 150
I am not happy about buying paper that is shown in a box on the site and in the description includes "what's in the box", only to receive an UNBOXED plastic bag of paper. It looks like the sort that you get free when you buy a multi pack of ink. I feel that I have somehow been cheated. Don't show the box in your ad if the paper is unboxed. You should be clear in your...
Published on 14 May 2012 by jeanp

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the right paper for the job, 27 Nov 2009
Marcel (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Advanced Glossy Photo Paper, 100 x 150 mm, 250 g/m2, 100 Sheets (Office Product)
I ordered a pack of photo paper based on what came with the printer; however, I hadn't realised that different paper photo paper has different strengths and weaknesses which could influence your choice. These are listed on the back of your paper pack when it arrives, but this is a bit late to know if you bought the right type! I couldn't find it anywhere on the web, so I've transcribed it here to help people pick the right type for their application. Bear-in-mind that these are the HP grading of their own paper:

Note: the figures are scores out of 5 and Amazon reviews don't allow tables, tabs or additional spaces, so I've done my best to get the info across.

HP Premium Plus Photo Paper / Overall 5 / Weight 280 g/m2 / Image Quality 5 / Fade Resistance 5 / Fast Dry Time 2

HP Premium Photo Paper / Overall 4 / Weight 240 g/m2 / Image Quality 4 / Fade Resistance 5 / Fast Dry Time 2

HP Advanced Photo Paper / Overall 4 / Weight 250 g/m2 / Image Quality 4 / Fade Resistance 3 / Fast Dry Time 5

HP Everyday Photo Paper / Overall 3 / Weight 170 g/m2 / Image Quality 3 / Fade Resistance 2 / Fast Dry Time 4

So pick carefully, based on what's important to you at the time, it's a balance between price, image quality, fade resistance and drying time. I personally have found HP paper really good.

I hope people find this useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 7 Oct 2009
Like most people, I no longer have a 'film' camera, but digital cameras, so rarely get printed pictures to share with others.
I therefore bought a canon IP4600 colour printer and these blanks, and the results are absolutely amazing.

Every detail is captured, it is sharp, and the colours are really rich without being 'saturated'.
Sunsets show a perfectly graduated colour from orange and peach through to red and purple.
Sea's are pale blue and green, and every wave ripple is discernable.

I bought some HP 280g 13x18 Premium Plus blanks for 'special' photos I wanted to be larger, but to be honest, the 250g paper was better with my printer.
It takes about 4 hours for the 250g paper to be completely dry, whereas the 280g paper took 5 days and even then was a tiny bit tacky still.

I will use this 250g photo paper for every photo in future, I cannot see how it could produce a better result.
Be aware that when printing photos the end result is a little cropped compared to the digital version, but that is due to the printing software, not these photo papers.

5.0 out of 5 stars QUALITY PAPER FROM HP, 3 Nov 2009
MA BROWN - See all my reviews
I bought this paper to print some photos of my daughters wedding until the main album photos arrived. This Advanced paper from HP is fantastic. Dry to touch right away. This is a quality product which I will buy again. Great price from Amazon as well. Thanks for that. You can also get the same paper in the HP ink Value pack which is even better value over all 100% impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Whoops!, 19 Mar 2012
Although we had searched for A4 photo paper we obviously slipped up and have ended up paying £9.00 for A5 paper which is certainly a lot more than i wanted to spend for a college project. Our mistake need to check more carefully next time!! Could have been made clearer I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP advanced glossy paper, 29 Nov 2009
Mr. J. A. Davies (Wales) - See all my reviews
This paper dries very quickly indeed and the quality of the finished print is also first class. I like the fact that my HP printer recognises the paper and in this instance the price is very competitive. I think I'll stick with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snap Happy, 24 Nov 2009
I had previously bought this paper in store and was already impressed by the quality of prints it produced. A huge bonus is that the ink is, truly, instantly dry. I decided to order through Amazon because of the value for money and am delighted with the quick delivery time. I have now ordered this product twice and will, no doubt, be back for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP Photo paper, 11 Mar 2011
I wanted some reasonably priced paper to put together some family photo albums. This proved to be good quality paper for my purposes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Advanced photo paper, 28 Dec 2009
A. Frisby (Dorset) - See all my reviews
I bought this paper at the same time as HP Premium photo paper to compare the two and the Avanced is far superior. However neither are as good a my previous paper which was bought at Aldi, but unfortunately they have not stocked it for quite some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use for archival prints, 30 Aug 2009
Neil Boyd (England) - See all my reviews
It is my understanding that when used with HP Vivera inks that this paper is suitable for archival printing i.e. the colours last a long time with out fading. I've been pleased with how bright the colours still look on the prints I made several months ago. It's the best paper that I have used.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 23 April 2013
Nearly always use HP products for printing. Generally good quality at reasonable prices.
Biggest cost is HP inks for my HP8250 printer.