Format: DVD|Change

on 31 August 2015
This film is very compelling and makes the issue of global warming a hard one to ignore. However what it doesn't explore is the fact are the causes and that the number one biggest cause of this crisis is animal agriculture and that subject is not even looked at. The CO2 emissions from livestock farming in America alone is more than the transport industry in every country combined. In 2010 the United Nations released figures to show this and issued warnings that we must switch to vegan diets more. I'm really surprised that Al Gore has kept quiet on this, probably because the meat and dairy industry in America is so powerful. Anyway, still a good film.
on 13 November 2015
A fascinating insight into a worldwide problem.

The science was both irrefutable and frightening, and Al Gore presents it in a clear and easy to understand fashion.

Everybody should watch this film.
on 5 November 2014
We may not like it ,but should all realise what we have missed out due to those questionable election results in the US 15-16 years ago.....possibly the last relatively comfortable chance of transitioning our culture away from 'fiddling' while trying to avoid recognising the increasingly smokey smell around the world..... There are already 3 times as may folk on the world as when I was a youngster,so it CAN'T go on....as another 'farm boy' I recognise many of the symptoms talked about in this quietly thoughtful yet provocative pieceand wish more of us realised the time for postponing the belt tightening is over.
A great film with some fascinating information. The images and diagrams really make this film something else and Gore comes across as a dedicated guy with a very lucid writing and presentation style and compelling argument. It remains to be seen if we can act on this, and other pertinent info, to make the changes we need. Highly recommended if you're interested in climate change and want a good introduction or alternatively a beautifully presented film on the subject.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 12 November 2011
This film makes you think. Although I do not agree with most of what Al Gore says, he still puts up a pretty good argument. Really good Documentary.
on 18 February 2016
A great film about a PowerPoint that awakened many to the issues that the world is facing.
on 1 November 2015
Excellent documentary. I make regular use of this in my job as a Geography teacher.
on 18 May 2016
I'm not a scientist so can't comment on the factuality of this documentary. However, Al Gore certainly seems to have done his homework and I love his passion and enthusiasm. The documentary is interesting and well presented. It should be watched by everyone.
on 24 March 2007
I have just watched The Inconvenient truth. I'm glad that I read most of the reviews on this site before hand. They highlight that people do care and that people still simply dont. One reviewer recently said he thought Al Gore was trying to get the audience to sympathise with him whilst telling stories about his loved ones, friends etc. When you see this film, he tells you how he grew up on a tobacco farm, it was a large part of his life. And he tells you how a special lady to him was a smoker when he was child.. she eventually died of lung cancer. It seems a little odd that this clip is in the film, I first thought why are we seeng this, but it becomes clear why it is. Gore is trying to highlight that humans created cigarettes, we eventually became aware of their dangers, however we still continued to make them, market them, smoke them and die from them. He's trying to highlight to us that we as a race bury our head in the sand.. and we are doing so with Global warming. We know how we are attributing to this problem and how we can still help fix it. Yet we are still resisting it.

This film is so easy to watch, 'dumbed' down as one reviewer says, he hightlights the use of some Matt Groening animation to make one point, surely that highlights more to us that we are naive and that sometimes we need to use a simple, identifiable and popular form of entertainment to highlight a global issue.. maybe we are the 'dumb' ones if thats a requirement for us to understand.

Global warming and the related effects are very real. This movie points it out quite simply. If you finish wathing this film and dont believe you personally can do anything without the rest of the world doing the same then its that attitude that has got us in this predicment. Turn one extra light off, dont leave your applicances on stand by. Cut down your shower time..walk to the shops.

I look at my 12 year old neice and nephew and wonder what I have done in my life time ( I'm 29 ) that may now affect their future.. but I now see that I can help to still provide them with a future.
on 15 August 2015
Good documentary but somewhat misleading in the claims, yes global warming is a concern but anyone who watches this, should also watch "The Great Global Warming Swindle" to get a bit more of a balanced view.