4.0 out of 5 stars just when you thought it was safe to bury your hamster !!
Published on 28 May 2009 by paul rea

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple not as good as the book
I recently rented pet sermetary after wanting to watch it ever since i read the book, i loved the book and wanted to see if the film matched it. I got even more excited when i realised the screenplay was written by Stephen King (who even has a small cameo apparance).

Published on 28 Jun. 2007 by Roaty

4.0 out of 5 stars just when you thought it was safe to bury your hamster !!, 28 May 2009
This review is from: Pet Sematary / Pet Sematary Two - Double Feature [DVD] (DVD)
I had seen these movies before and really enjoyed watching them again. I was suprised at just how creepy these movies are - how could I have forgotton? I had read the book when i was alot younger, but preferred the movie alot more - which is not often the case !! I won't mention the plot..for those that haven't read the book or seen the movies.. but if you like scary over blood and guts, then you will like these.
The sequel also breaks the mould of many horror movie sequels by actually been good and moving the story on well. It acknowledges the happenings of the first movie ..but gives us a totally different assortment of personalities and circumstances. Clancy Brown is terrific in it as the sheriff and really steals the show throughout.. I was dissappointed towards the end of the movie and felt it lost its edge and ran out of steam. Its only a minor gripe, but still, a shame as the sequel had some really scary moments, great tension and would have been so much more memorable, and on par with the original, if it could only have had a decent ending (IMHO). STILL I really enjoyed the set even if it did lack any extras ! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Stephen King?, 17 Aug. 2009
A. Mitchell - See all my reviews
The first pet sematary was good cos Stephen King knows what he's doing regarding writing best sellers, the second one whoever was not. This i feel is mainly because Stephen King did not write this book and therefore did not have the wow factor, it should never have been made into a film just kept it as a book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple not as good as the book, 28 Jun. 2007

The film follows the story well, with a few changes which were in some ways an improvement of the book. Such as Victor following Rachel Creed around, which in some scenes added a hint of comedy to the film. The casts is realativly good however Denise Crosby seems to lay her acting on a bit thick and can be realativly annoying. And Fred Gwynne is perfect as Judd.

However i wondered why Stephen King found it necessary to leave out Judds wife and parts of the film seemed rushed. And I was very annoyed by the change of the ending of the film.

Overall the film does have some scary and jumpy moments, Brad Greenquist is very creepy as Victor and often makes you shudder, and in the end in my opinion here you have a fair adaptation of a Stephen King novel and I above average horror film.

If you want a good adaptation of a Stephen King film its best to stick with a film like The Green Mile, however if you are looking for a decent horror film i would give Pet Semetary a go.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a classic, 30 Oct. 2009
M. Ragheb "Audio Mario" (Nicosia, Cyprus) - See all my reviews
I bought this video because it was one classic horror movie that belongs to my large collection of videos, if you did not see it before it may strike you as a real good horror movie, but it is nothing to see several times unfortunately. It remains anyway a classic if you collect DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dated but good, 19 May 2011
I remember seing this film when it was at the cinema. I liked it then and I still like it. The child with the knife towards the end was creepy. I actually liked the sequal as well, whcih is unusual.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 30 April 2014
I have only seen pet sematary 1, it was really good and I throughly enjoyed it
I cannot make a comment on pet sematary 2 as I have not seen it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Jan. 2015
Fast delivery and a great product thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Mar. 2015