1,528 Reviews
 (1,218)

5.0 out of 5 stars DIRTY DEEDS!
Firstly let me just explain a few things. I am a man. I am a big man with tattoos. I am a big, tattoed heavy metal appreciating Yorkshireman and as such I know I am not supposed to get excited by cleaning products!
Published on 24 Feb. 2013 by 18Bladesman89

3.0 out of 5 stars Hg Mould Spray 0.5Ltr
this mould spray is a bleach product that cleans your shower areas well. it can cause slight discolouring and fraying of silicon sealant, used around the edge of your shower/bath, but it does what you expect it to. one point: the nozzle on the spray was broken, causing a small amount of leakage when depressing the trigger but this could well be a one off.
Published on 16 Aug. 2011 by ajra21

5.0 out of 5 stars DIRTY DEEDS!, 24 Feb. 2013
18Bladesman89 (Livingston, Scotland, Great Britain, Europe, Earth) - See all my reviews
I am sorry to say that I have failed in living up to society's stereotypical view of me. This product is AMAZING! Our house has been a victim to patches of black mould and mildew for years and despite numerous attempts to banish them forever I have failed miserably, UNTIL NOW. After spraying it on and leaving for half an hour the results were like magic, it has removed marks from silicon sealant, grout, UPVC window frames, painted plasterboard walls and ceilings, the lot! And what's more, the stains have failed to return as they have so many times before.
I cannot praise this wonderous product enough, if you have issues with mould and mildew, don't hesitate CLICK AND BUY IT NOW YOU WONT REGRET IT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job better than professional!, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
I've been desperate to find a product that would remove the dreadful mould on my bathroom times, and worse still on my window edges, where it had penetrated the silicon sealant. Before finding this product, I had very limited success in getting rid of it from the grout,but absolutely no success in removing it from the sealant.

I eventually got a professional to try removing the mould. He did a better job, but couldn't remove all of it off the grout, and again, none off the sealant. He eventually advised me that I'd have to get someone to regrout the walls again.

I happened to stumble across the product online, and thought I'd give it a go and pop down to Robert Dyas and buy a bottle. I happened to bump into a stranger in the store who was also frantically looking for exactly the same product as neither of us could see it immediately on the shelf. She'd used it before and was raving about it and needed another bottle!

She assured me that it was 'brilliant' and that I wouldn't regret it.

With this recommendation in mind, I went straight home and put it to the test. I was amazed. The worst affected area on the window just started to disappear right in front of my eyes. It's not perfect by any means, but it looks a lot better than anything or anyone else I'd tried before. There are a few stubborn areas still, but there is definitely an improvement.

The instructions on the bottle say to wash it off, but in my opinion, you don't really need to. On the bathroom grout, I just left it on and it seems to just keep working and a lot of the mould has completely vanished, even better than the pro who came round and had a go.

It isn't cheap, but to me it's worth every penny, and could save you a lot of money. The only other drawback would be if the professional mould removers could be out of business if word of this product got out!

Just a warning - it is very pungent smelling. Definitely open a window whilst your are spraying it. It would also be a good idea to where gloves and to remove all objects near the affected area whilst you spray.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, 22 Mar. 2010
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
I had terrible mould problems with a shower. The worst bit was the sealant around the shower tray which was mostly that tell-tale orange colour, and black in places. I have spent ages scrubbing with a toothbrush and neat bleach, which worked on the tile grouting, but didn't touch the sealant. I had to give up as I was going to spoil the seal eventually, and was resigned to replacing the sealant, and having to do it again every year or so. Then I read some good reviews for this stuff, and thought I would give it one last go. I am amazed - I have clean, bright, white sealant - and the whole shower looks like it's just been fitted. It was so easy as well - spray on, walk away for 30 minutes, come back, fall over with the shock of getting a brand new shower, pick yourself up and rinse it off. Absolutely no elbow grease whatever. It's now a real pleasure to get in there for the first time ever, as this problem existed when we moved to this house. It also worked wonders on a ceiling where we had a damp problem a while ago - black mould also vanished after leaving it for 30 minutes. 6 weeks later - no sign of it in either place. No doubt it will come back in the shower eventually, but I'm not bothered, because a quick blast with this stuff will shift it before it gets nasty. Yes it is strong stuff - but not so that you feel it's doing you harm. Open the window and walk away for frequent breaks if you have a large area to do like I did. I found it safe to use on the ceiling by standing on a chair and spraying at an angle so that it wasn't directly above me and couldn't possibly drip onto me. It wasn't dripping by the way, but you do need to be careful. Strongly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mould Spray, 27 Sept. 2011
This product was superb - it has removed all the horrible mildew and mould from my shower that other products failed to do. Would recommend strongly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best product I've tried yet - great on grout, less effective on silicone., 2 April 2014
L. Bennett (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
I had been having problems with some mould in my shower both in the grout between tiles and the sealant at the bottom - tried lots of supermarket cleaning products and bleach with no joy. After reading the reviews I decided to give this a try and was very hopeful after seeing the before and after picture of the silicone was very hopefully for similar results.

It worked brilliantly on the grout, even before wiping nice white grout peaked through where drops had ran down, and after a wipe and gentle once over with a scrubbing brush it was all white!

As for the silicone, I applied a lot right along the sealant and left for 30 mins, but had to reapply several times to notice any difference. After many applications and leaving it on all day, the smaller black dots of mould had gone but larger areas remained but had shrank slightly and instead of black were a light browny colour. Although not disappeared as in a previous reviewers photo, there is definite improvement. I will try again with a few applications left on all day (and likely have used most of the bottle by then!) but it is probably too deep in the silicone and will need to reseal shower.

I would say this product is definitely stronger than bleach due to the improved results, but also due to the smell! Ventilating the area after spraying is definitely necessary as it gives off very strong smelling fumes.

In summary, I would recommend this product but found it to be more useful for grout (where it worked amazingly) than sealant (where it reduced rather than removed). Strong fumes so must be cautious when using and ventilate the area.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 16 Jan. 2014
R. Dempsey "richie d" (glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
Just WOW!!! This stuff is amazing. All black mould gone in less than an hour. Don't have to re silicone the bath now after all. Saved me hours of work. Make sure the window is open though. It's a hefty stench.

4.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING FULLY RECOMMEND, 3 Mar. 2013
HG Mould Spray. Echo every recommendation on this product - after 5 years of putting up with mould in my porch - using every mould related product - i tried this and within 5-10 it was gone - used in the bathroom for damp mould on the walls and vanished. found though not so well on bath seals - though this was pretty solid black and tried it before having to think of redoing it - lifted some of it tho - also fab on the grouting for those shower gel stains. Good product to have in the house. As everyone else has commented - ensure room is well ventilated. 4 stars as it didn't work the miracle i bought it for on the plastic seal but magic on everything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly good, 18 Oct. 2010
Victoria PS (London, England) - See all my reviews
This is the best cleaning product I've ever used. It does smell quite strongly (and the smell lingers for about a day afterwards) but not exactly bad - I used it in the bathroom and it just smellt like a swimming pool for a day or so. None of this matters though as the stuff is amazingly effective. We've had persistent mould around our bathroom window, which nothing seemed to get off. The instant I sprayed this stuff on the mould started to come away, and there's none left now. A fabulous product, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really effective, but remember to ventilate well!, 6 Dec. 2010
I thought this stuff was great. i had really stubbon black stains in my bathroom and kitchen. After a few squirts of this stuff they had almost completely disapeared!
I would say though it smells extremely caustic and was slightly worried about having a bath afterwards incase I hadnt managed to rinse it all off properly. I could imgaine it being very irritating if it were to get onto the skin.
my bathroom smelled like a swimming pool for a day afterwards too, but at least it's clean smell!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like mildew spray on steroids!!, 18 Nov. 2009
J. Close "Johnnyc" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This stuff clears all the pink and black mould in a matter of minutes - it's great!!

HG Mould Spray