5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond expections

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond expections, 1 Dec 2006
Patrick Matchett "drumandols" (Belfast N.I.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skin And Bones (Audio CD)
I saw the foo fighter's live around a year ago now (on their in your honour tour) i believed their performance that night was a one off, an unbelieveable experience that i won't forget! At the end of the show Dave said they would come back and tour their acoustic part of their new album and i couldn't wait...well here it is, i wasn't actually expecting the skin and bones cd to be acoustic but to my luck it was!

This album shows colour and variety in the Foo Fighter's playing as it is taken from every album they have released and also a song named 'marigold' (originally preformed along with Nirvana) which was great to hear them play! Some of the songs e.g. my hero, i would of never expected them to play as an acoustic version and it was amazing to hear that much passion put into their music! A must have cd at any price!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awesome!, 21 Nov 2006
This review is from: Skin And Bones (Audio CD)
I went to one of the two acoustic gigs that the Foo Fighters did in the UK and it was superb, combining their acoustic stuff from the In Your Honor CD with acoustic versions of classics spanning the years. Even the tracks that overlap with the IYH CD are so different live and on the CD, and the other tracks are just fantastic. I would buy this purely to hear Best Of You, Times Like These and Everlong as acoustic songs. It showcases Dave Grohl's talents primarily, but the rest of the band plus other members brought in for these gigs make it an amazing experience. I would recommend any FF fans buy this CD, and if you are new to FF, buy it and get a taste of what you've been missing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A welcome addition..., 10 Dec 2006
This review is from: Skin And Bones (Audio CD)
If you are a fan, buy it. You wont regret this welcome addition to the catalogue. It is superbly atmospheric and feels like a genuine 'unplugged' session. However, if you are new to the FF and considering this album over one of the bands earlier CD's, you may want to save buying it for the time being. It is NOT typical of a FF live gig. Many of the big hits are not featured so you may be a little disappointed if thats what you are expecting. The last album (In Your Honour) provides better value for money, and a wider range of songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!!, 13 Feb 2008
This is a concert DVD, containing all tracks from the "not so loud" cd of the 2-cdalbum "In your honour", and a few acoustic versions of older songs.

If you loved that cd, you will love this DVD even more. I`ve owned it for a month and I`ve already watched it five times...

As the concert is acoustic, it`s calm and laidback, Dave talks a lot and it`s all good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting - in places, 24 Aug 2007
Cuban Heel "Neil Schiller" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Skin And Bones (Audio CD)
The problem I have with this cd is probably that I'm not the world's biggest Foo Fighters fan. (So why buy it? I'll explain...) I like quite a few of their singles, have a lot of respect for Dave Grohl and I own and like their first album, but I can't get away from hoping they'd be a better band than they are. It's unfair to compare this to Nirvana's Unplugged album, but I bought, (fairly) recently, an acoustic Pearl Jam cd - another band that I thought were pretty good but not quite in the Cobain league. And I thought that was brilliant. Therefore, it seemed logical: buy an acoustic Foo Fighters album and be similarly blown away.

It has some stand out moments on it. 'Walking After You' is great, 'Everlong' is obviously great, 'Best of You' actually seems a better song when screamed out over an acoustic guitar than it did when released as a band track. I was a bit disappointed with the version of 'Big Me' as the main appeal of that song is its bouncy, ironic pop feel and that gets stripped away here - it's almost made into a ballad. And at the risk of offending serious Foo Fighter fans, I never did get what 'My Hero' was all about - it just sounds really cheesy to me.

I'm sure die hard fans will love it, but I just found it a mixed bag. Glad I bought it for the stand-out bits, but if I take it out in the car I need another couple of cds for the rest of the journey as I skip over a lot of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Album, 9 Sep 2013
gibsonsg (Ayr Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skin And Bones (Audio CD)
Thoroughly enjoy listening to this album in the car over and over again. The acoustic numbers are a joy, and the Foo Fighters to me just keep on getting better and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Skin And Bones (Audio CD)
Exactly as advertised, good quality and value. Highly recommended +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

---- --- --- --- --- ---- ---- --- --- ---

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent work, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Skin And Bones (Audio CD)
if you like Foos or just getting into them, buy this album. the best songs for me are everlong, my hero and times like these. buy there are plenty of great tunes on here. perfect for a camp fire star-gazing chill out

4.0 out of 5 stars Mellow Foo, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Skin And Bones (Audio CD)
My son bought this with my help hoping for another rock album. Unfortunately for him, and thankfully for my wife and I, it turned out to be an acoustic album. No bad thing, shows the diversity of their music, and if you are after something quieter it is bang on the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for lost cd, 6 Feb 2013
Roadrunner (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skin And Bones (Audio CD)
I bought this secondhand because over the years I tend to lose my music either by lending it out and forgetting who I've lent it to and my son's do the same. I've stopped replacing them with new discs and started buying secondhand 'very good' condition discs instead. I haven't had one purchase that has disappointed me yet. In fact when I'm bored I tend to go browsing and end up buying all sorts of second hand discs now, much more satisfying when the postman delivers lots of them through my letter box. I'm very happy with this purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Skin And Bones
Skin And Bones by Foo Fighters (Audio CD - 2006)